SCP-3011
rating: +188+x
3011.jpeg

SCP-3011 instance being approached by Doctor Carson.

Item #: SCP-3011

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Except for purposes of approved experimentation, instances of SCP-3011 must not come within 100 m of any nautical paraphernalia or similar items; this includes, but is not limited to, images of anchors, boats, submarines, or waves.

SCP-3011 is to be contained in commercially available large terrariums suitable for housing small lizards. Each terrarium is to house no more than 6 instances of SCP-3011. Additional terrariums are to be made available should specific instances need to be separated. Each terrarium should contain items relevant to SCP-3011's needs.

Should the number of SCP-3011 instances exceed that of one hundred (100), staff are permitted to cull the population to ninety (90) individuals.

Description: SCP-3011 is a population of ninety (90) northern blue-tongued skinks (Tiliqua rugosa).

Each instance of SCP-3011 is sapient and capable of speech. Isolated instances display limited problem-solving capacity; in groups, SCP-3011 instances are capable of cooperation and division of labour. Each instance of SCP-3011 is unique. Some instances have shown aggressive behaviour while others exhibit differing, individual personalities. Aggressive instances of SCP-3011 tend to stay far away from the main groups and display solitary behaviour typical of non-anomalous blue-tongued skinks.

Instances of SCP-3011 speak in high-pitched voices. SCP-3011 speech is commonly interpreted to be "enthusiastic" by attending personnel. Typical topics of SCP-3011 conversation are the weather, bad omens, maritime navigation, foreign adventurism and braggadocious sexual conquests. At night the backs of SCP-3011 produce a shimmering bio-luminescence. Caretakers have observed that this resembles the moon reflecting off the sea.

SCP-3011's self-replication begins when exposed to prohibited paraphernalia. Instances of SCP-3011 will become aroused and engage in a mating ritual. All instances able to view one another will begin moving in unison. This rhythmic movement is noted to be enthusiastic and vigorous. No sexual intercourse is noted to occur. At the peak of activity, SCP-3011 will shed their tail, usually as a result of violent gyrations or flailing. If left undisturbed, tails shed in this manner will grow into full instances of SCP-3011 within approximately one minute, with a head emerging from the stump and arms and legs growing out of the tail's sides. These juvenile instances are indistinguishable from normal blue-tongued skinks, apart from their anomalous properties.

In some cases, new instances of SCP-3011 produced via this process exhibit severe deformities or are stillborn. The instances that survive often show very minor changes in body pattern or tongue colour; however, due to the accumulation of these changes, later generations differ significantly from the progenitor.

Current number of SCP-3011 instances in containment: 7187

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License