SCP-2980
rating: +439+x
IMAG0850.jpg

SCP-2980 during testing.

Item #: SCP-2980

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2980 is to be contained in a standard item locker at Site-81. SCP-2980 may only be removed from storage for testing.

Description: SCP-2980 is a nondescript incandescent lightbulb of unknown make, situated on top of a standard plastic 125v wall adapter plug. The bulb itself is clear, with a standard filament and wiring system. The mounting bracket is red in color, with a "smiley face" logo on both sides and a small black on/off switch on the front.

When SCP-2980 is plugged into a standard 125v wall socket and turned on, regardless of whether or not the socket is currently receiving power, and when the local time reaches 2030 hours, SCP-2980 will power on and emit a red light. Any other lights in the room remaining powered at 2030 hours will dim quickly, until the only source of lighting is SCP-2980.

Upon SCP-2980 turning on, a Class V Corporeal Humanoid Entity, designated SCP-2980-1, will materialize somewhere in the room containing SCP-2980. SCP-2980-1 appears as a large, hoofed, bipedal creature, with dark red skin and curled horns. Outside of these characteristics, SCP-2980-1 appears otherwise human, with human facial features and a human torso and arms.

For 15-30 minutes after appearing, SCP-2980-1 will proceed to read a story or collection of short stories to anyone nearby. SCP-2980-1 will read out of a small, black book with a leather binding and parchment pages. Notably, SCP-2980-1 will wear a pair of spectacles during the reading. Upon reaching the end of the tale, or if subjects listening to SCP-2980-1's reading fall asleep, SCP-2980-1 will dematerialize. SCP-2980 will remain on until powered off. Individuals who listen to the entirety of SCP-2980-1's story will invariably fall asleep at its conclusion, and awaken roughly 9 hours later. Subjects universally claim to feel well rested afterwards.


Addendum 2980-A: Sample of SCP-2980-1 Stories

The following is a short sample of stories read by SCP-2980-1 during containment.

The Little Demon Space Cadet
Story depicts a small demon who dreams of going to space. Small demon constructs a spaceship out of human bones, and uses it to fly to the moon.

Sleepy Time With GROG THE UNSPEAKABLE
Story depicts the main character, GROG THE UNSPEAKABLE, trying to find a suitable location to begin his millennium-long slumber. It is mentioned many times throughout that GROG is sleepy.

Bedtime for Baby Beelzebub
Story depicts the infant incarnation of the Lord of Flies being prepared for slumber by a large, insectine creature. Story ends with Baby Beelzebub being covered up by a blanket made of damned human souls, and falling asleep to the screams of the stricken.

[REDACTED]
Story contained sensitive information about SCP-████. When questioned, SCP-2980-1 maintained that it was an original work of fiction.

Damnbi
Story depicts a young deer who, disturbed emotionally by the death of its mother, signs a deal with a demon and goes on a murderous rampage after being twisted into an unholy form and falling from the sky. Story ends with Damnbi falling asleep amongst the corpses of its foes after exacting its vengeance.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License