SCP-2913

A Total Ripoff

rating: +308+x
hand2.jpg

Image of SCP-2913 taken in containment. Exposed skeletal structure not visible.

Item #: SCP-2913

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2913 is to be held in a standard humanoid containment cell. SCP-2913 is to be afforded basic requested luxuries for as long as its continued cooperation with the Foundation is maintained.

A grenade pin, formerly belonging to an M67 fragmentation grenade, is to be kept in a clear protective case in SCP-2913's cell.1

Description: SCP-2913 is a severed right hand, formerly belonging to James Hallman (deceased), which is capable of independent movement. Approximately 5.1 centimeters of the radial bone and 4.6 centimeters of the ulna extend, uncovered by skin, behind the wrist joint. Despite the lack of a biological support system and obvious trauma associated with the terminating ends of the bones behind the wrist joint, SCP-2913 remains healthy.

SCP-2913 is capable of speech, hearing, sight, and smell. SCP-2913 has shown a moderate level of skill in complex problem solving. While SCP-2913 has been observed to move its fingers and thumb together in tandem during the act of "speaking", observation of SCP-2913 has revealed the auditory source of speech to be between the 1st and 2nd metacarpal bones even in the absence of motion.

SCP-2913 was originally recovered by the Madison, New Jersey Police department responding to a nuisance noise call. Officers found SCP-2913 grasping a wireless television controller. SCP-2913 then proceeded to speak with the responding officers. After SCP-2913 apologized for using the apartment's television without prior permission, the officers radioed dispatch to report the anomaly. Foundation agents monitoring local police bands investigated the incident and after administering amnestics took SCP-2913 into custody for further study.

Interview Logs:

SCP-2913 has proven cooperative. Attempts to utilize it to locate the entity known as "Joe", while unsuccessful, are ongoing.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License