SCP-2868
rating: +38+x
2868-A

An instance of SCP-2868-A, just prior to containment by Agent Zhufor.

Item #: SCP-2868

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2868 must remain stored within a standard humanoid containment cell in the east seclusion wing of Site-12. The walls are lined with high-voltage electrified grating and must be powered on a separate power grid from the main site in the event of a failure or fluctuation in the primary power grid. The floor of its cell is composed of solid plate steel to prevent SCP-2868 from spreading via roots to other containment cells.

In the event of an SCP-2868 outbreak, all personnel assigned to capture and termination of infected individuals are to be issued specialized boots lined with ballistics-grade ceramic inserts to prevent the further infection of on-site personnel.

All infected personnel are to be removed by a containment team in hazardous materials gear and incinerated to prevent post-breakout infections. Areas suspected of housing budding instances of SCP-2868 are to be bathed in a mixture of acids, then soaked in a neutralizing agent during cleanup.

SCP-2868 and 2868-A instances may be neutralized with standard C-class tranquilizers, and are incapable of causing further infections while unconscious.

Description: SCP-2868 is a bipedal organism standing 1.9 meters in height, and weighing approximately 68 kilograms. It is composed of a highly durable glass-like material. The entity has a female frame, and lacks arms or distinguishing facial features. In place of arms, SCP-2868 has a pair of brass pendulum blades attached to the shoulders by iron hook anchors. SCP-2868 is capable of cognitive thought, and doesn't display any directly aggressive behavior towards researchers. SCP-2868 exhibits generally human-like anatomy from the ankles up, with the exception of root-like structures in place of feet and the bladed pendulums extending from the shoulder stocks. SCP-2868 uses the growth of these root structures in order to penetrate the feet of human subjects within 9 meters of SCP-2868, at which point the root structure will break off of the main root system and make its way up through the leg and into the blood stream, until it reaches the brain of its new host, now designated SCP-2868-A.

After initial infection, SCP-2868-A will begin to physically transform while still conscious, though it will not express any signs of pain. Instead, the host will express a strong feeling of euphoria and enter a relaxed state. The body of SCP-2868-A will rapidly adopt traits typically described as surreal, such as skin taking on properties of foreign materials1. New structures may sprout from the body of the host, such as chairs, tables, and picture frames. SCP-2868-A has typically changed its attire entirely through transformation, with skin taking on various properties to mimic clothing akin to street performers, mimes, and clowns. In all cases, SCP-2868-A has demonstrated full vocal capabilities regardless of the extensiveness of bodily changes.

Once fully tranformed, SCP-2868-A will lose control of most of their nervous system, though are still capable of vocalization, and the parasitic instance of SCP-2868 will take control of the body of its host, seeking out high-population areas. After SCP-2868-A has located an area with dense foot traffic, it will adopt behavior similar to that of street performers known as living statues.

SCP-2868-A will then use this behavior to attract passing animal organisms toward it. This will allow it to continue the cycle of infection. The feet of SCP-2868-A will sprout a mass of sinewy roots much like SCP-2868 and proceed to infect the surrounding observing organisms at which point the process will repeat indefinitely.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License