SCP-2817
rating: +162+x

CONTENT WARNING

The following document contains interviews that describe a violent personal relationship. While the Foundation is aware that the majority of our personnel may have already been briefed and/or exposed to this type of content prior, we recognize the necessity of informing those with trauma to prepare themselves, and your safety continually remains our top priority.

If you experience any severe discomfort or stress as a result of reading this document, please immediately report to your on-site Mental Health Physician or Therapist for assistance. Alternatively, you may return this document to your Supervisor. Thank you.

— Tamar Geffen PhD, Lead Researcher on SCP-2817.

Item #: SCP-2817

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2817-1 is to be treated as, for all intents and purposes, a standard Foundation D-Class and may be used in testing with Safe objects that do not display harmful properties, as a way to occupy its time, between performances of Procedure-453-Palmyra. At the end of every month, SCP-2817-1 is to be escorted with an armed guard to the eastern grounds of Wing-3 to complete Procedure-453-Palmyra. During this time, SCP-2817-1 is to be handled, referred to, and treated as an SCP object according to protocol. SCP-2817-1 is to be granted mandatory psychological counseling every week related to Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, particularly the form commonly known as “Stockholm syndrome.”

SCP-2817-2 is to be contained using Procedure-453-Palmyra, a Foundation approved version of SCP-2817, by SCP-2817-1. No guards or other personnel are to interfere with Procedure-453-Palmyra. Following the conclusion of Procedure-453-Palmyra, SCP-2817-1 is to be debriefed, given a psychological counseling session, and escorted back to the D-Class barracks.

Efforts to locate and capture SCP-2817-2 between performances of Procedure-453-Palmyra are ongoing. Intelligence provided by SCP-2817 indicates that SCP-2817-2 may regularly reside as an interstellar entity, and is thus uncontainable.

Description: SCP-2817 is a complex ritual created and regularly performed by SCP-2817-1 and SCP-2817-2.

SCP-2817-1 is William Simon Higly, a male human of mixed-race descent. Previously known as D-77810, SCP-2817-1 was previously serving a life sentence for involvement in a double homicide with his brother, Thomas Michael Higly, and both were recruited by the Foundation as D-Class in ████. SCP-2817-1's brother was assigned the number D-113, but is now deceased. According to information provided by SCP-2817-1, it is presumed that D-113 was also a participant in SCP-2817 for ██ years before both were recruited by the Foundation. Before D-113's death, SCP-2817-1 alternated monthly participation in SCP-2817 with him. SCP-2817-1 has an extremely close relationship with SCP-2817-2, to the point where both seem to be able to understand each other's complete psychological profile through non-verbal communication.

SCP-2817-2 is a 3-meter tall, hairless humanoid with a deep mauve complexion, which constantly emits a low level of mauve light. It appears dressed in a crown and ornate robe, carries a crude approximation of a scepter seemingly constructed of bone and a wooden judge's gavel, and has the ability to appear and disappear at will, manifesting of its own accord to participate in SCP-2817. SCP-2817-2 is referred to as "The Carpet King" by SCP-2817-1, who claims that it comes to perform SCP-2817 to "confess its sins and seek a verdict". SCP-2817-2’s personality has been described as extremely skittish, introverted, and “high-maintenance” by SCP-2817-1, and it has shown consistent hostility towards the guards observing SCP-2817. Due to this, known empirical data concerning SCP-2817-2 is low, and most information is provided by SCP-2817-1.

According to SCP-2817-1, SCP-2817 is a method of crude containment for SCP-2817-2. During SCP-2817, SCP-2817-1 will don a set of monk's robes, and carry a hatchet1 to a meeting place SCP-2817-2 has designated beforehand through unknown means. SCP-2817-2 will appear, and kneel at SCP-2817-1's feet. It will then recite a brief speech in an unknown language, to which SCP-2817-1 will respond while gently placing its hands on SCP-2817-2's shoulders in a ritualistic fashion. Following this, SCP-2817-2 will bow its head, and SCP-2817-1 will decapitate it. The corpse will vanish afterwards, and the ritual will repeat the next month with SCP-2817-2 apparently unharmed. Following the ritual, SCP-2817-1 will inform Foundation personnel of the sins that SCP-2817-2 requested be absolved, which are usually genocidal or militaristic in nature and on a cosmic scale.

SCP-2817 acts as self-devised punishment for SCP-2817-2, keeping it from continuing its actions. The effectiveness of this is unknown.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License