SCP-2764
rating: +270+x

Item #: SCP-2764

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2764 is currently located in █████ ████, Antarctica. All civilians are to be kept outside of a 150 km radius from the object. This radius is to be strictly monitored by Mobile Task Force Eta-5 ("Jäeger Bombers"), containment battalion 4α.

A perimeter has been established around a radius of 75 km from SCP-2764, and this perimeter is to be guarded by at least 10 guards per 25 km of the circumference at all times, totaling at a 190 guard minimum around the entire circumference.

If any civilian is caught inside of the 150 km radius, they are to be brought in for questioning, and are to be administered Class-A or Class-B amnestics at the discretion of the on-site supervisor. The civilian in question will then be transported off site to their most recent dwelling.

Should SCP-2764 suddenly "flicker" outside of the usual radius of 25 km, a new perimeter is to be immediately established at the radius of 75 km, and this perimeter shall be held with the usual containment procedures until SCP-2764 returns to its usual position at ██.█████° █, ██.█████° █. In the event that the creature "flickers" to a public location, all civilians are to be immediately evacuated and all known observers of the event will be taken in and administered Class-A amnestics. The area should, from there on out, be monitored for any traces of knowledge of SCP-2764 in the populace, and civilians suspected to have knowledge about the event are to be monitored very closely and eventually administered Class-B amnestics at the earliest convenience.

Under absolutely no circumstances is any Foundation employee or civilian to approach closer than 30 km to the creature. If any person is found to have approached closer than this distance, they are to be detained immediately and questioned thoroughly. The person in question is to be given a thorough psychological evaluation, and is to then either be administered Class-A amnestics or to be terminated after the consideration of their evaluation.

Description: SCP-2764 is a massive biological entity of unknown origin. Its height measures to be approximately 382 meters, and is estimated to weigh over 150,000 metric tons. The entity possesses between 75-85 (estimates vary) tentacular appendages extending from the ventral region of its body. It uses this mass of tendrils for both movement and simple utility actions such as picking objects up. The organism appears to move as if it were a quadrupedal animal; that is, the ventral cavity of its body faces the ground and the dorsal cavity faces the opposite direction. The organism also appears to have a cranial extrusion which is hypothesized to contain its brain, but there is no backing data for this, and the only organs visible on this 'head' are its eyes, of which it possesses four, two on each half of the facial region.

Aside from SCP-2764's clear violation of the theoretical limit to a biological organism's size on Earth, its anomalous properties include the following:

  • SCP-2764 possesses the ability to telepathically communicate. The language in which it communicates is dependent on the listener. SCP-2764, however, does not appear to understand any messages it receives in response.
  • SCP-2764's size does not appear to follow Euclidian geometries; that is, one cannot distinguish the organism's true size based on simply looking at it, as the creature will often appear to be many times smaller or larger than estimates determine it to be. There is a 'critical zone' which lies approximately 50 kilometers in diameter from SCP-2764. As an individual approaches the bound of this zone from the inside, SCP-2764 will appear to 'blow up,' or grow larger. Outside of this zone, SCP-2764 will begin to shrink as the distance from the edge of the critical zone grows larger.
  • SCP-2764's appendages appear to rapidly translocate themselves inexplicably. They will also transpose with each other's positions in space at very rapid intervals. Whether this has a relation to the previous anomaly mentioned is, as of yet, unknown.
  • Lastly, and perhaps most noteworthy: SCP-2764's position will "flicker"1 on occasion, though the frequency of this event is unknown, as it appears to occur on a completely unsystematic basis. The location of SCP-2764 has never "flickered" further than 25 km, and the object has always "flickered" back to its original location within 48 hours.

Recovery Summary: SCP-2764 was discovered by civilian ██████ ███████ and his team during a detailed survey of the Antarctic terrain. ██████ observed the anomaly and noted its odd geometries, and then returned to base. He shared news of the occurrence to ████ █████, who was the Foundation's investigative researcher in Antarctica at the time. ████ immediately reported this to his superior officer, at which point Mobile Task Force Eta-5 ("Jäeger Bombers") was sent to the Antarctic base to administer amnestics to the local populace and secure a small perimeter around SCP-2764. The initial perimeter was too small, and Commander Mann, who was, at the time, the commander of MTF Eta-5, took it upon himself to investigate the odd creature. Mann's investigation is outlined in the investigative logs below.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License