SCP-2730

Item #: SCP-2730

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2730 is contained in a standard humanoid containment cell in Site-42. The Gilbert Gottfried in the public eye is a biological facsimile that must be monitored by a covert detail at all times.

The mask made of Gilbert Gottfried's skin is currently in cold-storage in the Site-42 biotechnology laboratory. Skin cultures from the mask are to be harvested and used to generate biological facsimiles of Gilbert Gottfried via the Lilith Protocol. When the current active facsimile of Gottfried begins to degrade, it is to be discretely terminated and replaced by a new facsimile. If the current facsimile dies before degrading (such as by a heart attack or car crash) no further external protocols are required.

Description: SCP-2730 is a mallard-like humanoid that humans perceive to be the American actor and comedian Gilbert Gottfried. This perceptive effect extends to the naked eye and ordinary camera viewing. Sonar, infrared, and thaumaturgic viewing indicates that SCP-2730's true form is that of a human-sized mallard. It has webbed feet and abnormally long, cylindrical wings, with tumor-like protuberances for hands. SCP-2730's head is mostly similar to that of a normal wild duck's, although the beak has been severely deformed and forced against the craniofacial area to simulate a nose and mouth. DNA samples taken from SCP-2730 indicate that it is a member of the mallard species (Anas platyrhynchos).

SCP-2730 was initially discovered in 2005, during filming of the documentary The Aristocrats. The actor ██████ ███ was being investigated for anomalous properties; however, sonar and infrared analysis inadvertently revealed SCP-2730's anomalous status instead. SCP-2730 was quickly taken into custody and replaced with a biological facsimile1.

It is unclear how long SCP-2730 was imitating Gilbert Gottfried; at the time of capture, it was found to be wearing a face mask made of skin, designated as SCP-2730-1, that enabled SCP-2730 to resemble Gilbert Gottfried. Analysis of SCP-2730-1 indicates that it is genetically identical to the real Gilbert Gottfried2 and was at least ten years old in 2005.

Addendum:

Addendum:

Following the events of Interview 2730-01, Dr. Rothfuss was designated as an instance of SCP-2730. Due to his positive history with the Foundation, Rothfuss has been allowed to keep his instance of SCP-2730-1 and remain in Foundation employ as a Class-E personnel with Level 2 clearance3.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License