SCP-2671
rating: +36+x
firstphoto

Photograph of SCP-2671 taken before containment.

Item #: SCP-2671

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2671 is to be stored in a standard storage container, and placed on a pedestal which is to be bolted to the center of the cells floor for testing purposes. All experiments conducted utilizing SCP-2671 must be approved by at least one personnel with Level 3 clearance Project Director Dave McCree (See Addendum 2671-02). SCP-2671 is not to be removed from its containment cell as it is the designated room subject to SCP-2671 effects and may cause unknown alterations to spaces other than its cell. In the event that this does occur, refer to procedure 2671.

Procedure 2671: In the event that SCP-2671 has been moved out of its containment cell,
personnel are to immediately recover SCP-2671. If this is not possible due to an anomalous effect caused by SCP-2671, personnel are to leave the room for a period of 5 seconds until SCP-2671 has produced another effect. This process is to be repeated until movement of SCP-2671 is possible; afterward, two or more designated personnel (maintaining direct eye contact at all times) are to move SCP-2671 back into its containment cell.

Description: SCP-2671 appears to be a standard "dipping bird" toy manufactured by the TEDCO toy company. It possesses several scratches along the toy as per normal wear, and its internal fluid has shifted color from its marketed color blue to yellow possibly due to long UV ray exposure. Despite the toy being in a workable condition, it does not perform a dipping cycle when used.

SCP-2671 was discovered on 10/██/14 in the abandoned family home of the [REDACTED] family in ███████ Texas. Files recovered from the City Hall had indicated that the residence had been condemned earlier on ██/██/14, due to major fire damages. How the fire was started, and the current location of the [REDACTED] family is still unknown. Interviews with two fire investigators who were involved in the recovery site of SCP-2671 confirmed they had become witness of SCP-2671's effects. However the interviews weren't conclusive, and the investigators were administered class C amnestics. SCP-2671's original box was also recovered from the site, but depicted blue-tinted fluid instead of its current shade of yellow.

SCP-2671's effects will engage after both of the following terms have been satisfied.

(1). One human subject has entered a room along with SCP-2671
(2). Prior to said person entering the room, there must be a 5 second period of no line of sight contact made with SCP-2671.

Once satisfied, the effects of SCP-2671 will not cease until the subject has left the room. If there is more than one subject present in the room, SCP-2671's effects will not activate whatsoever. Surveillance cameras placed in SCP-2671's containment chamber have captured the anomalous transitions of its effects between frames. Its transitions are virtually instantaneous, even with examinations of light-speed camera footage capable of capturing 1 trillion FPS.

The Anomalous effects of SCP-2671 are not specific, and has shown a variety of different anomalous effects with no repetition so far. It is however sapient, and has demonstrated the ability to respond to questions offered to it, express emotion, and make comedic references. A list of all experiments conducted have been documented below.1

Addendum 2671-01
See Photo

secondphoto

A drawn picture produced by SCP-2671 (See Test 2671-22)

Addendum 2671-02

Notes from Dr.████████ 3/██/17
Testing with SCP-2671 has clarified its level of sapience to us. But be it as it may, its sentience has seen some emotional distress that we have appeared to have caused. Per decision of project director Dave McCree, no further tests will be conducted on SCP-2671 without permission from him as of today.

Notes from Project
"While the effects of SCP-2671 are rather interesting and informative, this really isn't an SCP that poses any threat. I don't see why we need to keep testing with it, but do as you will. And yes I am aware that it probably has a weird troubled past, but we have better things to work on than its feelings." Project Director - Dave McCree

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License