SCP-2615-J
rating: +131+x

Item #: SCP-2615-J

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: All SCP-2615-J instances are to be contained in Standard Micro-Humanoid containment cells, which are then to be stored at Site-17. SCP-2615-J instances are to be fed thrice daily.

Description: SCP-2615-J is a species of sapient humanoids which measure fifteen centimeters tall on average. All SCP-2615-J instances possess wings of varying appearance, though the wings universally match the appearance of the wings of various species of Lepidoptera. SCP-2615-J instances can use these wings to achieve airborne locomotion. SCP-2615-J instances are luminescent, though the light produced generates no heat and has no clear biological or chemical basis.

SCP-2615-J instances are capable of limited reality warping, with most of their effects only affecting natural phenomena. Phenomena effected by SCP-2615-J include weather patterns, atmospheric temperature and pressure, animal behavior, and plant growth.

Addendum: Interview with SCP-2615-J instance #28.

Interviewed: SCP-2615-J #28

Interviewer: Dr. Tamlin

<Begin Log>

Dr. Tamlin: #28, you are aware that several aspects of your physiology are not scientifically possible, correct? Would you care to explain how they work?

SCP-2615-J #28: Ah, I get it. You're gonna try the old "I don't believe in fairies" trick to try and get rid of us. It's not gonna work, you know, we moved away from existentialism a while back.

Dr. Tamlin: I'm not sure that you understood the question. For example, you weigh, what? 35 grams? Your wings shouldn't be able to support you in flight.

SCP-2615-J #28: It's magic.

Dr. Tamlin: The glow is another thing. There's no biological or chemical reason that you should be glowing.

SCP-2615-J #28: Again, magic.

Dr. Tamlin: But what about-

SCP-2615-J #28: MAGIC! IT'S ALL FREAKIN' MAGIC YOU IDIOT! WHY CAN'T YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL?! [At this point, SCP-2615-J #28's speech degrades into a set of growls, grunts, screams, expletives, and yet to be translated language.]

Dr. Tamlin: I think we're done here.

<End Log>

Note:

Hi, sorry about that. Odds are that you're new to the Foundation and got linked to this page as a joke. I'll go ahead and tell you now that anything and everything with a "-J" in the name is just an in-joke that someone made up (they tend to help boost morale). I normally wouldn't put this here, but I just got asked for the fifth time in a week what the "larger implications of SCP-2615-J's comments" are. There are no "larger implications". -Js aren't real. Move along and go read SCP-779 or something. -Researcher Walker

P.S. I apologize if the humor wasn't readily apparent. It was originally created to get a laugh out of people who were there for the Site-17 picnic of '96. The only reason I can think of that we still have it is because some of the guys like getting a rise out of the newbies.


Red sky at night
Sailor's delight.


Red sky at morning
Sailors take warning.



The sun dances
Along the sea




And all their love
Bleeds red.






Antimemetic inoculation confirmed, please proceed.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License