SCP-2511
rating: +170+x
Panoramic_view_of_Lake_Kho%CC%88vsgo%CC%88l.jpg

Lake Khövsgöl Settlement Area (LKSA)

Item #: SCP-2511

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: To house SCP-2511-A instances currently in Mongolia, the Lake Khövsgöl Settlement Area (LKSA) has been established in collaboration with the Government of Mongolia. SCP-2511-A instances held at LKSA are not to be transported out of Mongolia, and are to be fitted with GPS tracking bracelets on one of their limbs.

SCP-2511-A instances located in their native settlements are to be monitored via remote underwater drones; see Document 2511-Ka for a list of said settlements.

Mobile Task Force Kappa-26 ("Kappa Zulu") is to be divided into two divisions: K-26-Alpha (based at LKSA) and K-26-Beta (based at Site-49). MTF K-26-Alpha is tasked with the following duties:

  • Oversee relocation of SCP-2511-A instances recovered in Mongolia to LKSA.
  • Serve as liaison to the SCP-2511-A community in LKSA.
  • Maintain census record of the total population of SCP-2511-A instances in LKSA. Census is to be updated once every three months.

MTF K-26-Beta is tasked with the following duties:

  • Monitor SCP-2511-A instances located in their native settlements via remote underwater drones.
  • Maintain census record of the total population of SCP-2511-A instances in native settlements. Census is to be updated once every three months.
  • Update (01/10/2002): Prevent any pre-adolescent humans from having contact with river bodies where SCP-2511-A settlements are found. If said individuals have contact with said river bodies, MTF K-26-Alpha is to be notified and initiate Procedure 975-Sirius to recover them.

Description: SCP-2511 refers to a series of phenomena involving a population of approximately 10,000 specimens of SCP-2511-A. Details of said phenomena are as follows:

  • A mass teleportation event that occurred on 8 July 1999, whereby approximately 10,000 SCP-2511-A instances were displaced from their native habitats in Northern Kyushu (specifically the Japanese prefectures of Fukuoka, Saga, Nagasaki, Kumamoto and Ōita) to water bodies throughout Mongolia.
  • When displaced SCP-2511-A instances exit Mongolia either on foot or via vehicle, they will spontaneously disappear upon crossing Mongolian borders and re-manifest in a location within Mongolia.
  • The ratio of SCP-2511-A instances in Mongolia to those outside Mongolia is such that the former is consistently larger than the latter. If SCP-2511-A population in Mongolia becomes less than that outside Mongolia, additional SCP-2511-A instances will be displaced from outside Mongolia until the ratio is maintained.
Kappa.jpg

An artist's impression of a suspected SCP-2511-A instance sighted in 1836 CE, deemed to be among the more accurate historic depictions of SCP-2511-A.

SCP-2511-A refers to a species of bipedal amphibian humanoids, physically resembling the Andrias japonicus (Japanese giant salamander) yet possessing mammalian traits such as the presence of hair and mammary glands. Average height and mass of SCP-2511-A is 1.50 m and 60 kg respectively. SCP-2511-A's native language is an unknown language linguistically related to the Japonic language family, although many are capable of speaking the Saga dialect of Japanese. SCP-2511-A is typically native to settlements found in the rivers of Northern Kyushu, although a population of instances have been found in Mongolia due to SCP-2511 (as stated in paragraph 1 of Description).

SCP-2511-A's most distinct physical trait is the hemispheric concavity on the head, with an approximate circumference of 35 cm, usually filled with water. If less than 25% of the concavity's volume is filled with liquid, SCP-2511-A will experience full body paralysis.

SCP-2511-A instances were first identified outside Bulgan, Mongolia along the banks of the Orkhon River. Subsequent investigations identified up to 10,000 SCP-2511-A instances, with the highest concentration of instances in the southern shores of Lake Khövsgöl. Through interviews with SCP-2511-A instances in LKSA, approximate locations of their native settlements in Japan were identified.

Addendum 2511-1: Below is an excerpt of a report of identified SCP-2511-A settlements in Northern Kyushu, as observed via underwater drones.

SCP-2511-A instances are commonly engaged in the construction of underwater structures similar to tumuli of the Kofun period. However, these tumuli appear to be devoid of corpses and are instead filled with personal effects.

Addendum 2511-2: The following consists of an interview with SCP-2511-A-0126 ("Chikugo no Kawasaru"), an SCP-2511-A instance regarded as a literati among the SCP-2511-A community.

Addendum 2511-3: On ██/██/2002, ██████ ████, a six year-old Japanese male, was reported missing after falling into the Chikugo River. Three months after the incident, a child resembling ██████ ████ was sighted in an orphanage in Ulaanbaatar. Caretakers of the orphanage claimed that the child was found along a nearby river and rescued by fishermen on ██/██/2002, coinciding with the reported time ██████ ████ had fallen into the Chikugo River.

DNA analysis verified the child's identity as ██████ ████ and he was subsequently returned to his immediate family.

Procedures have been updated accordingly; see Update (01/10/2002).

Addendum 2511-4: On ██/██/2007, MTF K-26-Alpha operatives have reported that several SCP-2511-A instances found in Khyargas Lake were taken by unidentified individuals. Pending further investigation.

Addendum 2511-32: On 07/07/████, MTF K-26-Beta operatives have reported the mass disappearance of SCP-2511-A instances that normally reside in the Matsuura River in Karatsu City, Saga Prefecture. Whereabouts unknown.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License