SCP-2393
rating: +191+x

Item #: SCP-2393

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2393-1 is to be contained in a standard biological containment greenhouse at Site-103. A data storage and interface device compatible with a USB A-port and designated for the purpose of interacting with SCP-2393-1 is to be kept within reasonable access of researchers in SCP-2393's containment. SCP-2393-1 is to be regularly checked for new and updated instances of SCP-2393-2. All instances of SCP-2393-2 are to be stored both on the designated device and on off-site digital storage. For the purpose of monitoring SCP-2393-3, all security cameras in SCP-2393's greenhouse are to run SCP-2393-2-B.

Description: SCP-2393-1 is a specimen of Juniperus occidentalis australis (Sierra Juniper). Embedded in SCP-2393-1's trunk appears to be a standard USB A-port. When a device compatible with this type of port is connected to SCP-2393-1, the device will treat SCP-2393-1 as a file storage device.

Some, but not all, files and software originating from SCP-2393-1 (designated SCP-2393-2) demonstrate anomalous properties. The contents of SCP-2393-2 seems to update at random intervals. Files and software can be viewed, opened, copied, or uploaded. All SCP-2393-2 instances utilize an unknown alphabet, language1, and coding language.

SCP-2393-2-B is an instance of SCP-2393-2 designed to run as an imaging and video application. SCP-2393-2-B is currently the only means of observing SCP-2393-3; no other digital or analog recording measures have recorded it to date.

SCP-2393-3 is an incorporeal humanoid entity visually similar to an adolescent human female, with the exception of a light green hue in the entity's epidermal and keratinous tissues. SCP-2393-3 has not yet been observed at a distance greater than 10 meters away from SCP-2393-1. SCP-2393-3 has been observed conducting the following activities:

  • listening to music on what appears to be a portable music player
  • using what appears to be a personal computer
  • using what appears to be a cellular device
  • dancing
  • sleeping

Entity appears to be capable of observing humans without outside assistance. Through the use of SCP-2393-2-B, Foundation linguists have been working with SCP-2393-3 both to understand its language and to help it learn modern Greek. In the short-term, communication has been accomplished through the use of hand gestures, facial expressions, pictures, and onomatopoeia. SCP-2393-3 is generally well-tempered and friendly towards Foundation staff.

Addendum 1: Over the course of SCP-2393's containment, the Foundation has been able to copy SCP-2393-2 freely. The following is an abridged list of SCP-2393-2 files discovered and copied. For a full list of SCP-2393-2 instances and full numerical identifications, please refer to document 2393-Epsilon.

In addition to copying SCP-2393-2 instances, researchers have been able to upload files to the collection of SCP-2393-2 in SCP-2393-1. SCP-2393-3 is able to view these files, making this a possible route of limited communication. Uploading files to SCP-2393-1 requires permission from the current Head of Containment or Head of Research for SCP-2393, or permission from the current Site-66 Director.

Addendum 2: The following is a partial list of translated vocalizations produced by SCP-2393-3. A brief piece of context is provided before each log.

SCP-2393-3 has just lost a match in "Tree Wars." / SCP-2393-3: "No! You [amateur/newcomer/novice?]! We could have won that round! Don't move your [birds?] in front of my squirrels."

SCP-2393-3 is listening to music files on its portable music player. / SCP-2393-3:
"♫On the days that the rain is falling♫
♫I call a toast to the sun.♫
♫On the days that the sun is shining♫
♫I feast and sing to the air.♫
♫And I won't let anyone fell me,♫
♫No I'll do things my own way.♫"

SCP-2393-3 is communicating with an unknown outside source using "Chatleaf." / "No, I'm not going back." … "You know what they do to us if we're caught, I'm safe here." … "I don't care about my roots anymore, they were severed a long time ago." … "Look, we all decided that man's magic was not bad, that is why we use it. I am merely standing for what I know to be true."

SCP-2393-3 is reclining against SCP-2393-1. / SCP-2393-3: "It's a good thing the people here are so kind. They are not afraid of my magic because they share it. They give me such nice gifts. They don't burn anyone either."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License