SCP-2240
rating: +82+x

Item #: SCP-2240

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2240-1 is currently held within a standard humanoid containment cell at Site-17. SCP-2240-1's cell requires no unusual furnishings beyond the basic requirements for non-anomalous human habitation, though a bed of at least North American Queen size has been shown to be effective at discouraging aggressive actions on the part of SCP-2240-2, and is currently installed as an incentive for further cooperation on the part of SCP-2240-1.

SCP-2240-1's containment cell is to be equipped with standard concealed video and audio recording devices; however, pursuant to Disciplinary Incident Review 2240-53-7, access to footage recorded from these devices between the periods of 2200 to 0600 hours are to require written approval from Site Director ████. Should at any time SCP-2240-2 begin to deviate from its established pattern of behavior, and attempt to breach containment with the use of force, these Special Containment Procedures are to be revised pending review of the observed maximum force capabilities of SCP-2240-2.

Description: SCP-2240-1 is a male humanoid of Puerto Rican descent, born ████ ██████ in 19██. SCP-2240-1 exhibits no anomalous properties or capabilities aside from manifestations of SCP-2240-2, which appear to be beyond its control.

SCP-2240-2 is a spacetime anomaly of an as yet undetermined nature, completely imperceptible by all non-anomalous Foundation technology, described by SCP-2240-1 as his boyfriend ██████ ████, a deceased individual who records show died in a car accident on 12/██/20██ in ██████, Florida, USA. When shown photographs of the late ██████ ████ taken shortly before his death, SCP-2240-1 asserts that the appearance of SCP-2240-2 is largely identical.

SCP-2240-2's primary effect is the manipulation of inanimate objects in a manner consistent with the use of human hands; however, to date there have been no confirmed incidents of SCP-2240-2 manipulating objects outside of SCP-2240-1's immediate vicinity, generally limiting its field of effect to SCP-2240-1's containment cell. SCP-2240-2 has shown no interest in interacting with any individual other than SCP-2240-1. It is undetermined at this time whether SCP-2240-2 is physically capable of acting outside of the immediate vicinity of SCP-2240-1. Further research into the nature of SCP-2240-2, and the extent of its independence, is temporarily suspended pending review from the Site Director of Site-17.

SCP-2240-1 and SCP-2240-2 are capable of communicating with each other in a manner consistent with typical human interaction, with SCP-2240-1 reporting being able to see, smell, hear, and touch SCP-2240-2 as if it were physically present. The majority of these perceptions on the part of SCP-2240-1 could be interpreted skeptically as typical hallucinations; thus, anomalous communication between SCP-2240-1 and SCP-2240-2 is best understood when the latter initiates contact with the former, particularly by touch.

To observers, these interactions appear as SCP-2240-1 spontaneously responding to sensory inputs when no corresponding source is apparent. The most credibly anomalous of these interactions comprise physical altercations between SCP-2240-1 and SCP-2240-2. To date, SCP-2240-1 has suffered one (1) minor facial bruise to the left cheek consistent with an open-handed slap, suffered during Recovery Interview 2240 (see below), as well as four (4) bruised bite marks to the left side of the neck, regarding which SCP-2240-1 has not been forthcoming.

SCP-2240-1 is often observed in its containment cell gesturing in the direction of empty air, especially during periods in which manifestations of SCP-2240-2 are registered by research staff. There have been no reported incidents in which SCP-2240-2 has interacted with any other individual. Nor have any staff "bumped into" SCP-2240-2, either inadvertently or in the course of Foundation research.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License