SCP-2152
rating: +250+x
UpdatedBust.jpg

SCP-2152 in containment.

Item #: SCP-2152

Object Class: Euclid

Revised Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2152 is to be contained within a soundproofed containment chamber at Reliquary Unit-05. Interaction with SCP-2152 warrants preliminary authorisation from the offsite Unit Deputy, who is to disclose the containment chamber entry code to any randomly-nominated guard selected from a stratified sample of the Unit security population, which is to be refreshed on a weekly basis.

D-Class personnel are to enter SCP-2152's containment chamber unclothed. The nominated guard is to enter the disclosed code, direct the D-Class personnel into the containment chamber without personally entering the chamber themself, and close the door for automatic relocking. Upon closing the door, the entry code will automatically refresh. The nominated guard is to be thereafter designated E-Class personnel, and is to be regarded as such until the subject passes their follow-up monthly psychiatric examinations as per Document-REF621.

The effects of SCP-2152 are to be observed from a standard observatory bay via a two-way mirror on the west wall of the containment chamber. D-Class personnel are to remain active within the containment chamber for no longer than ten minutes. D-Class personnel are to be terminated within this juncture via lethal auditory cognitohazard. Personnel are to be left within the chamber until the remains are fully dispelled under SCP-2152's anomalous effects.

Description: SCP-2152 is a marble, plinth-mounted bust of assumed Catalonian origin, depicting an unidentified female character wearing a headdress. Prominent weathering upon the surface of the marble indicates that the item is antique; this has been speculated despite what appears to be a comparatively recent, separate addition of pink latex-based paint to the eyes.

SCP-2152 generates two primary anomalous effects. Firstly, SCP-2152 emits a continuous, uninterrupted stream of popular music released between 1971 and 2000 from an unknown internal source.2 Music generated from within SCP-2152 generally includes synthpop, disco, smooth jazz, hip-hop, and Europop. At 10 minute intervals, an internally-generated female voice repeats the following message twice3:

Prototype. Capitalism has triumphed, and this is a celebratory watermark. Now is the time. Begin your ascent unto preternatural luxury, and gaze into the heart of a prosperous future. You have all the time in the world. So sit back, relax, and absorb. Plunge yourself into the flourishing waters of New Earth, trademark. Deckchairs overlook island sunrises with your name on the horizon. Windows open to inexhaustible opportunity. Planes fly overhead. Congratulations. You are Home, trademark.

Secondly, SCP-2152 applies several preservative effects to any space it occupies that can be defined as a 'room'. Previously observed anomalous effects include:

  • Electrical power sources continuing to supply energy to devices indefinitely.
  • Unlimited preservation of food and spontaneous remanifestation directly at the feet of any subject that consumes it.
  • Preservation of items of clothing, with damaged items provided with spontaneous repair.
  • Dematerialisation of dead biological material.
  • Automatic maintenance of personal hygiene; examples include the lack of bacteria attracted to sweat molecules; spontaneous fluoride manifestation within the oral cavity, tooth-whitening, and immediate tooth-straightening with no resultant physical pain; increased reaction rates in human intermediary metabolisms; continuous moisturisation of the skin; and increased secretion of extracellular molecules (ECM) within all compatible bodily cells.

Excluding the above effects, SCP-2152 additionally induces an improved subjective perception of beauty in humans, especially in regards to architecture, contemporary art, and nature. This effect is extreme, with past subjects expressing immoderate vocal enthusiasm regarding the design of containment chambers in which they were situated.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License