SCP-2145
rating: +167+x

Item #: SCP-2145

Object Class: Keter Neutralized Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2145-1, -2, and -3 are to be contained in standard humanoid cells at Site 19. They frequently attempt to engage in self-harm, and are to be considered a moderate to high suicide risk; although Dr. ██████ has speculated that the nature of their anomaly would prevent any self-inflicted injuries from being fatal, this is — short of allowing a suicide attempt to proceed to completion — unfalsifiable. For their psychological well-being, they are permitted to undergo cosmetic surgery procedures at their own request; these procedures may not be performed any more frequently than once every three months.

The cadaver of SCP-2145-4 is contained in a high-security morgue freezer at Site 26. Access to tissue samples requires written permission from two O5-level personnel.

Description: SCP-2145 is the collective term for three individuals, and the cadaver of a fourth individual, who have been anomalously altered to be exact physical replicas of the primary cast of the American situation comedy Seinfeld (1989-1998), as they appeared in approximately 1998. SCP-2145-1 is an exact replica of actor Jerry Seinfeld, SCP-2145-2 is an exact replica of actor Jason Alexander, SCP-2145-3 is an exact replica of actor Michael Richards, and SCP-2145-4 was an exact replica of actor Julia Louis-Dreyfus. The three living instances do not show any external signs of physical aging (other than those which were present on Seinfeld, Alexander, and Richards in 1998), and any significant physical modifications will gradually revert themselves at a rate proportional to the degree of modification.1

Acquisition log: After the first 22 attempts at containment were disrupted by the unexpected range of SCP-2145's anomalous effect [see documents 2145-HL2 through -HM-17], the Foundation entered into a temporary partnership with the Global Occult Coalition, and another with the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Unusual Incidents Unit; neither of these organizations was made aware of the Foundation's cooperation with the other. The rationale for this was that, by joining forces with two separate organizations which had conflicting intentions towards anomalies, the Foundation would be insulated from SCP-2145's manipulation of probability, behavior, and cognition. To increase the likelihood of success, Foundation personnel deliberately limited the extent to which they were available to GOC and UIU agents, such that those agents would be encouraged to take action without first consulting Foundation liaisons; similarly, information provided to GOC and UIU agents was deliberately incomplete, with several important details redacted, such that both GOC and UIU agents would be encouraged to make fallacious and/or incomplete conclusions regarding the exact nature of SCP-2145's anomaly.

On 17 December 2005, the GOC launched Operation Flamingo, in which SCP-2145-1 was codenamed Hyacinth, SCP-2145-2 was codenamed Kepler, SCP-2145-3 was codenamed Gooseberry, and SCP-2145-4 was codenamed Needlework. This was in direct conflict with the UIU's Operation Gooseberry (launched the same day), in which SCP-2145-1 was codenamed Needlework, SCP-2145-2 was codenamed Flamingo, SCP-2145-3 was codenamed Hyacinth, and SCP-2145-4 was codenamed Kepler.4

The UIU had concluded (correctly) that the number of individuals SCP-2145 could simultaneously affect was limited. The UIU's Operation Gooseberry was thus intended to create civil unrest via crowd-manipulation protocols, under the assumption that this would overload and shut down SCP-2145's anomaly; this would thereby allow the four members of SCP-2145 to be forcibly separated from each other and arrested, under the pretext of being taken into protective custody. The GOC, however, had concluded (also correctly) that only one member of SCP-2145 was truly anomalous, and that the other three were either accomplices or (as was later found to be the case) unwilling victims who had been anomalously modified; since direct action against that entity was blocked by its anomalous effect, the GOC's Operation Flamingo was intended to first psychologically disrupt the anomalous "leader" of SCP-2145 by confronting it with the violent death of one of its companions. Both operations were to be conducted via double-blind methodology, to circumvent inhibition via SCP-2145's anomaly.

On 18 December 2005, Operation Gooseberry and Operation Flamingo were simultaneously implemented. In the midst of the civil unrest that resulted, a series of miscommunications and conflicts with UIU operatives led GOC operatives to conclude that the leader of SCP-2145 was most likely to be SCP-2145-3, followed by -1, and then -2. SCP-2145-4 was therefore considered the most likely to be a non-anomalous follower, and was selected for assassination; a GOC sniper, acting from a 28th-story office window at the corner of [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], killed SCP-2145-4 in full view of its three companions.

SCP-2145-1, -2, and -3 immediately collapsed; they were taken into custody by UIU agents, and subsequently remanded into Foundation custody. The cadaver of SCP-2145-4 was also taken into custody; interviews with -1, -2, and -3 indicate that, behavioral and dramaturgical analysis to the contrary, -4 was in fact their leader. Post-mortem analysis has revealed several macro- and microstructural anomalies in SCP-2145-4's brain and nervous system; however, the extent to which these caused SCP-2145-4's anomalous properties, rather than being caused by them, is speculative at best, especially in light of the assassination damage.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License