SCP-2136
rating: +306+x

WARNING:

Submission of these Standard Containment Procedures to the Foundation database will conclude the prescribed period of initial research quarantine.

If you wish to proceed, please accept any changes made to the draft entry, and provide appropriate authorisation where relevant.

Item #: SCP-2136

Object Class: Euclid NEUUtrallized

Special Containment Procedures: MTFs Eta-10 and Theta-5 are to establish a naval perimeter around the Sentinel Islands to prevent outside contact while a local containment protocol is determined.

The three D Class hosts infected with SCP-2136 are to be contained in a large, single-roomed cell with an inner and outer door. All interior walls and the interior of the inner door are to be lined with mirrors, and the cell is to remain well-lit at all times. Limited furniture is to be provided to avoid blocking line-of-sight within the cell. All bedclothes must be made of transparent or translucent material, and the hosts' clothing must leave exposed skin from all angles. Hosts are to sleep in shifts, with no more than one host asleep at any time. In the event of the death of a host, a new D Class subject must be introduced to the cell as soon as possible, after being briefed as to SCP-2136's effects. No other personnel are to be admitted to the outer door of the cell, and the outer door must be closed before the inner door is opened to receive food or replacement D Class hosts. The cell is to be monitored by CCTV only.

aLL D CLass hosts died.. SCP-2136 is neutrali zedd.

Description: SCP-2136 is a pathogen capable of infecting humans. The pathogen is transmitted by an uninfected human's visual perception of an infected host. This form has not been able to be visualised by electron microscopy.1

Upon infection, the pathogen migrates to the host's motor neurons, producing an effect (SCP-2136-A) if the infected subject is out of the line-of-sight of another host. The characteristic symptoms of SCP-2136-A are a sudden stiffening of the unobserved subject's muscles, followed by complete immobility. Re-observation by another host during this period will reverse the symptoms, allowing the subject to regain muscle control. Death of an unobserved subject will occur within 5 minutes due to respiratory and circulatory failure.2

Deceased hosts cease to be infectious, and study of deceased hosts has revealed anomalous organelles within neural cells. The organelles are non-functioning in the deceased subject, but presumed to be the mature form of the pathogen. In this stage, the composition of the pathogen suggests the ability to absorb some or all of the electrical impulses generated by the host's neurons.3

Further study has revealed that the pathology observed above may not constitute the full life-cycle of the pathogen. Analysis is continuing - please see Dr Heidke's journal notes below in the interim.

Discovery: SCP-2136 was first identified in two individuals taken from the Sentinel Islands. The indigenous Sentinelese had been tagged for investigation following changes in their behaviour as observed on satellite. After the Foundation lost contact with the agent assigned for observation, a visual hazard was anticipated, and Mobile Task Force Eta-10 ("See No Evil") was sent in under "Blind Ops" conditions, capturing two subjects for study.

Are you sure you wish to delete the addendum "Observation Journal"?
Please enter your password below to confirm deletion.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License