SCP-2129
rating: +53+x
SCP(1).jpg

SCP-2129 in flight. Instance recorded on █-█-20█ on [REDACTED] military base, Brazil.

Item #: SCP-2129

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2129 is to be kept in its dormant state in a specially-designed, vacuum-sealed container with walls composed of ten centimeters of Tungsten backed by one meter of concrete. The containment chamber requires a self-contained oxygen regulation system, in the form of an inert gas fire suppression system. The container must be monitored by no less than six thermal cameras at all times without exception, and be equipped by one loudspeaker allowing communication in Morse. All equipment must be encased in five centimeters of blast-resistant laminated glass. A ten meters-long corridor must lead to the containment chamber, and be designed in the same manner.

No personnel is allowed to enter SCP-2129's container while it hasn't been deoxygenated under any circumstances, and must wear sealed bomb suits when doing so.

In the event of a containment breach, Procedure Perkele-1 is to be initiated under the briefest delays.

Description: SCP-2129 is an invisible entity manifesting itself by a continuous stream of detonations. It possesses the ability to levitate and fly in three dimensions, and is able to reach speeds of up to 152 kilometers per hour. Detonations happen continuously while the creature is moving, with a general frequency of two per second. The explosions' energy output has been estimated to be in the neighbourhood of 5 gigajoules, or the equivalent of 1.2 tons of TNT. It has been theorized that detonating is either its means of energy production or a side-effect of it. Likewise, study of the creature's flight patterns have shown changes of directions correlated to its detonations.

Thermal cameras show, in the absence of explosions, an oblong, serpentine body approximately a meter long, with no other discernible characteristics. Experiments to discover more about the characteristics entity's physical body are currently being devised.

SCP-2129 necessitates air to detonate: it will do so continuously until it has consumed all the available air, after which it will enter a dormant state and only resume activity when more oxygen is available. It is unknown what process the creature uses to create the detonation, as no trace of any known explosive has ever been found to have been emitted by it. The entity appears to be attracted by explosives and explosive substances, and displays an ability to sense them through hard surfaces by an unknown process.

SCP-2129 also appears to possess sapience. This is evidenced by its ability to modulate the strength and length of the detonations it emits to communicate in Portuguese using a rough, sometimes inexact version of morse code: it is able to communicate in short sentences in this manner, and is able to understand messages communicated in the same manner.

Extended conversations have revealed that SCP-2129 displays a generally cooperative but melancholic demeanor, mostly expressing frustration concerning its containment and wishes to be released and made able to roam freely.

SCP-2129 was captured on █-█-20█, following its destruction of the coastal town of [REDACTED], Brazil, causing the deaths of ██ inhabitants and injuring ██ others. The incident was publicly attributed to a terrorist attack by explosives, and efforts to fabricate proof corroborating this version of the facts are still ongoing. All known survivors have been administered standard Class-3 amnesia treatment. The area should be closed-off under the pretense of an ongoing investigation: civilians and possible investigators alike should be discouraged from the premises by any means necessary.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License