SCP-2118
rating: +483+x
2118-2

SCP-2118

Item #: SCP-2118

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2118 is currently contained in a standard humanoid holding cell observed at all times by standard motion-activated security cameras. Cell is to be furnished with appropriate furnishings for a █-year-old child, along with two stuffed animals (an orca whale and an elephant). SCP-2118 may go to an outdoor enclosure once a day, for a length not to exceed one hour between the hours of 0900 and 1700. It is to be accompanied by at least one attendant who has never had children and is versed in American Sign Language (ASL) and its translation etiquette and usage. SCP-2118 is not to be allowed verbal access to any other personnel except within approved testing parameters.

Description: SCP-2118 is a human female, age █, with orange hair and light gray eyes. It has a scar on its right cheek, 9cm long, in the shape of an open parenthesis. SCP-2118 claims it received the scar several years ago when it was struck by a stranger on the street, but is reluctant to elaborate further.

SCP-2118 communicates primarily through ASL and occasionally through writing, though it is capable of producing coherent speech.

The anomalous properties of SCP-2118 manifest when it is exposed to a parent who has, at some point in their life, dealt with the death of their child. In these instances SCP-2118 begins to speak in a voice inconsistent with what its own should sound like, instead reflecting the age and gender of the aforementioned deceased child (hereafter referred to as SCP-2118-01) at time of death. SCP-2118 is aware of its speech and vocal patterns as well as the psychological distress they cause the parent, signing various apologies and platitudes even as it continues speaking. Testing has indicated that SCP-2118-01 must have been prepubescent under the age of 18 at time of death. (Further testing indicated it is not the biological age, but the legal age, by which SCP-2118-01 defines a 'child'.)

Typically the words and sounds SCP-2118 mimics are consistent with the final words/sounds of SCP-2118-01. It is uncertain, at this point, how SCP-2118 accurately mimics the sounds of drowning, asphyxiation, or the formation of blisters in the throat cavity. Of note is that SCP-2118's face maintains a look of contrition while said sounds are being mimicked, despite the occasionally violent nature of SCP-2118-01's death.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License