SCP-1991
rating: +116+x

Item #: SCP-1991

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-1991 is to be stored in a 5x5x5 meter containment chamber within Site 19's biological specimens wing. Due to the specimen's behavior, a locked door is considered to be all that is required to prevent escape. SCP-1991 is to be fed three kilograms (3 kg) of cooked and pulped beef daily. Water is to be provided via a trough which is to be kept refilled constantly. Containment cell is to be cleaned weekly by Class-D personnel.

Description: SCP-1991 is a two (2) meter-long quadruped mammalian creature of unknown species, enhanced by the implantation of cybernetic compounds. Both implanted compounds and creature show signs of damage consistent with extreme age, poorly-healed puncture wounds, bullets of assorted calibers embedded underneath the skin, burns comparable to those produced by industrial cutting lasers, and starvation. SCP-1991 appears to have suffered psychological damage as a result of physical abuse or trauma, displaying extreme fear of loud noises, rapid movements, and aggression or seeming aggression by personnel.

SCP-1991's body core is roughly humanoid, with elongated limbs of equal length. All limbs end in "hands" similar to those of a large primate, apart from the presence of elongated claws. The head resembles a mummified canine skull with elongated incisor teeth. Skin resembles decayed leather with matted fur growing from it, primarily around the ankles and back of the neck. SCP-1991 lacks a tail. When recovered, SCP-1991 displayed traits of starvation, including enlarged gut and emaciated limbs. Proper feeding while in containment has been shown to cure said traits.

Cybernetics consist of a mechanical "collar", implantation of unidentified structure into right forelimb, sharpened steel blades replacing teeth and claws of forelimbs as well as [DATA EXPUNGED] system alterations of unknown usage. "Collar" consists of a metal disc embedded in the front of the neck, possessing a small speaker array (nonfunctional due to bullet damage), six (6) video cameras, two (2) of which have broken lenses, and a complex network of [DATA EXPUNGED] fibers apparently serving as linkage/control to its central nervous system (nonfunctional due to ██████). Due to the nonfunctional nature of linkage between its nervous system and the camera network on the "shield", SCP-1991 appears to be blind. The "right forelimb structure" consists of a pair of miniature mechanical clamps and an extending, rotary metal rod similar to the triggering equipment of remotely-operated firearms. It is assumed that the clamps were intended to serve as the mounting system for such a weapon.

History: SCP-1991 was recovered by Foundation agents in ██/██/19██ following reports of a "monster" scavenging from dumpsters in [DATA EXPUNGED], a small town in ██████. Cover story regarding vagrants planted.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License