SCP-1880
rating: +209+x

Item #: SCP-1880

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-1880 is to be kept in a standard containment unit at the High Value storage area of Site-17. Authorization from project Kesher supervisor Dr. Shaw is required before any interaction with the object.

Description: SCP-1880 is a carved gemstone mounted in gold depicting Alexander the Great cutting the Gordian knot, a common scene showed on similar, non anomalous objects of the same period. Though experts originally dated the object to the fourth century B.C, the classical Greek period, recent developments suggest that it is in fact more recent, and was made around the first century A.D in Rome.

SCP-1880 displays no anomalous properties unless held by an adult human no less than twenty (20) years old. When held by a suitable subject, a mental link is created between him/her and an unknown entity (henceforth "SCP-1880-1"). The object will then act as a two-way communication device, enabling the subject to hear and speak to SCP-1880-1, as well as allowing SCP-1880-1 some degree of influence over the subject. SCP-1880-1's voice (which could not be identified as either male or female) can be heard and recorded up to two (2) meters from SCP-1880's location during a conversation.

Attempts to communicate with SCP-1880-1 varied greatly in result: from a complete refusal of SCP-1880-1 to talk to the subject (fourteen times), a brief conversation (ten times), a lengthy discussion (five times), and finally SCP-1880-1 actively and unilaterally inserting information into the subject's mind (three times). Additionally, every subject attempting to use SCP-1880 will undergo a minor to moderate physical or mental alteration, even if the conversation was denied. No connection between the identity of the subject using SCP-1880 and the result has been found, and different results occurred even when using the same subject. Conversations with SCP-1880-1 are always broken from the entity's side, and all attempts to prematurely end a conversation with it thus far have failed.

SCP-1880 was delivered to MTF Sigma-5 ("Bronzeheads") commander ████ ██████ while he was off-duty on vacation in ████, █████ by a middle aged, Caucasian man wearing a grey suit and fedora. The man was waiting for ██████ in his hotel room when ██████ returned to it at around 03:00. When asked by ██████ for his identity, the man replied he was "Nobody". Commander ██████ attempted to subdue the man and bring him to questioning, but was overpowered and rendered unconscious. When ██████ recovered the following morning, he discovered SCP-1880 on his nightstand along with a note, reading "The knot was there for a reason". When ██████ touched SCP-1880, first contact with SCP-1880-1 was made. ██████ immediately brought SCP-1880 to Foundation custody.

Several theories about the nature of SCP-1880-1 have been made. Due to the lack of consistency in its actions, some researchers believe SCP-1880-1 is composed of several different "aspects", each interacting differently with subjects, while others theorize that SCP-1880-1 is not a single entity at all, but several unrelated ones.

Addendum 1880-A: The following are selected extracts from conversations made with SCP-1880-1.

Addendum 1880-B: During the last recorded conversation with SCP-1880-1, it displayed previously unseen abilities to completely control the subject using SCP-1880, as well as additional unexpected capabilities (see Incident Report SCP-1880-C). Due to these recent developments, all experimentation on SCP-1880 has been suspended by order of O5-Command.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License