SCP-1864
rating: +345+x
deep.jpg

SCP-1864-Alpha.

Item #: SCP-1864

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-1864 is currently contained on SCP-1864-Alpha. Foundation vessels in and around the location of SCP-1864-Alpha Materialization events should monitor civilian vessel activity during the new moon, and turn away vessels that come within 5km of SCP-1864-Alpha.

Observational Site-1864 has been constructed on SCP-1864-Alpha, to provide housing for personnel stationed on the island between SCP-1864-Alpha Materialization Events.

Exploration of SCP-1864-Alpha and SCP-1864 should only be done between dusk and dawn on the night of an 1864-Alpha Materialization Event. In the event that instances of SCP-1864-3 should appear, necessary force has been permitted to dispatch the entities.

Description: SCP-1864-Alpha is an island roughly 80km southwest of Coats Island within the Hudson Bay, and currently the location in which the whole of the SCP-1864 phenomenon is contained. Recovered information indicates that the structures on SCP-1864-Alpha were originally designed for use as a mining colony, but further evidence shows that it has been abandoned for more than 75 years.

SCP-1864-Alpha is itself anomalous, as it is only reachable during new moons. Approach to SCP-1864-Alpha on any other day or night is impossible; despite appearing to be moving in the direction of 1864-Alpha, ships will find themselves coming no closer to the island. During the time between SCP-1864-Alpha Materialization Events, personnel stationed at Site-1864 will be unable to leave the island by any means; although various attempts have been made to do so, all individuals attempting to leave SCP-1864-Alpha have found themselves turned back to the island.

SCP-1864 is a spatial anomaly situated within a dilapidated building at the center of SCP-1864-Alpha. The building appears to have once been used as an on-site hospital, although the presence of a variety of previously unknown weaponry and technology within the main lobby of the building has put this theory in question. An inscription written in German has been etched into side of the building's main entrance, the translation of which is as follows:

Follow the pathways of the lonely liar
Deep into the sunken passages he rots
Eyes sewn shut with his own wicked hairs
Locked in the silent sick pit

SCP-1864 can be accessed by entering through the double doors across from the main doors in the lobby of the building containing the anomaly. SCP-1864 is a vast labyrinth, constructed to match the general aesthetic of 1864-Alpha, which encompasses an area of roughly 15km2, considerably larger than the overall area of the island on which it sits. Initial exploration of SCP-1864 was facilitated by a number of additional inscriptions along the walls of the labyrinth, much of which is documented in Addendum 1864-1. Within the center of the labyrinth is a large pool of water, roughly 65m in diameter. SCP-1864-1 is located next to the pool.

labyrinth.jpg

Interior of the labyrinth within SCP-1864.

SCP-1864-1 is a Class II Near-Humanoid entity, standing at a height of roughly 4.3m. SCP-1864-1 has an elongated torso that connects to the floor beneath it, a single, extendable arm-like appendage that connects to the body from the middle of the back, and a vaguely human-like face (with the exception of four additional eyes situated across the sides and front of the face), and is generally emaciated in appearance.

SCP-1864-1 is generally non-hostile, and is capable of vocalizing in German, although it is not particularly responsive to questioning. SCP-1864-1 has been willing to elaborate only on the current nature of SCP-1864-2, and SCP-1864-3 instances. Additionally, SCP-1864-1 appears to be wearing a long white coat, with significant modifications to account for its lack of humanoid limbs. The only comprehensive interview conducted with SCP-1864-1 to date is documented in Addendum 1864-2.

At the bottom of the pool, which has a depth of approximately 120m, is a circular steel grate, roughly 91cm in diameter. The water of the pool, along with any other forms of matter, are seemingly incapable of passing through this grate. Because of the depth of the pool, and the generally poor lighting within SCP-1864, powerful lighting systems are required to view the bottom of the pool. Efforts to remove the grate have been unsuccessful, and are usually hindered by SCP-1864-1. Thermal imaging of the area beyond the grate have identified a single humanoid entity, approximately 130cm in height, curled in the corner of a small cubical room. It is currently believed that this entity, designated SCP-1864-2, is [DATA EXPUNGED] (See Addendum-3 for more information regarding the origins of SCP-1864-2.)

Periodically, a number of hostile Class IV Non-Humanoid entities, designated SCP-1864-3, will appear throughout SCP-1864, and attempt to reach the central pool. These entities move erratically, cannot be captured by video or audio monitoring equipment, and seem able to alter an individual's memory of how they are perceived. As such, descriptions of SCP-1864-3 instances have been inconsistent between individuals. To date, all attempts by these entities to reach the grate within the central pool have failed, usually due in major part to hostility towards the entities by SCP-1864-1. Through discussions with SCP-1864-1, it appears as if these entities are attempting to reach SCP-1864-2, which would result [DATA EXPUNGED] (See Addendum 2 for more information on SCP-1864-2.)


Additional Information Concerning SCP-1864

Addendum 1: Initial Exploration Log


Addendum 2: Comprehensive SCP-1864-1 Interview

Addendum 3: Additional Collected Logs


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License