SCP-1782
rating: +526+x
1782-1.png

SCP-1782 on 08/31/██. Entity phrased seemingly random lines from Leviticus until consumed.

Item #: SCP-1782

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: The entrance and a perimeter of SCP-1782 are to be monitored at all times. Although SCP-1782 has not yet proven itself to be outwardly hostile, the door to the room should be guarded by at least two armed personnel at all times.

The area is only to be explored by unmanned drones, which have been requisitioned since the events of 09/04/██.

Description: SCP-1782 is a room measuring 42 or 45 square metres, in an abandoned apartment complex located in Kiev, Ukraine. Imprints over the archway entering the room read "jedna deväť osem d" (one nine eight d).

SCP-1782's interior changes in appearance every three days at 03:12 AM. The change is instantaneous.

SCP-1782 is usually furnished with typical household objects, although SCP-1782, and the objects themselves, when present, are aged significantly with signs of heavy use. The floor plan of the room varies; certain instances having a kitchen, bedroom, and living room, or simply being a large, empty space. SCP-1782 occasionally manifests what appear to be sapient entities and fauna. Objects appearing before the change vanish regardless of their proximity to SCP-1782 at exactly 03:12 AM. Further examples can be found in the area records for this object.

SCP-1782 does not appear to have a detrimental effect on subjects entering. Testing subjects in all cases return from the interior of the room with a fear of holes. Exact reasons for this are unknown.

Area Record 1782:
Date: 08/23/██

Event: Room materializes empty. The sound of metal scraping against metal can be heard. A disembodied female voice can be heard repeating the phrase "Shakes me, makes me lighter" until 03:12 AM.

Area Record 1782:
Date: 08/26/██

Event: Room materializes empty. Sound does not travel through the interior, although upon further inspection a small area on the left wall of the floorplan emits a faint metallic grating noise.

Area Record 1782:
Date: 08/29/██

Event: An elderly human feeding itself to a group of kakapo. Did not express pain, appeared ambivalent.

Area Record 1782:
Date: 09/04/██

Event: Room appears with two partitions, including a bathroom housing only a toilet, and a small rectangular entrance accessible through a small hole in the wall. The room is tinted a dull green, with what appears to be caked blood and feces on certain sections of the walls.

A man in an orange jumpsuit materializes instantly outside of the door to SCP-1782 with a television camera on his shoulder. Attempts to communicate with the entity are successful, although unorthodox. The entity asked that Dr. Sanders produce a small television set and stay outside of the cell, so that he could record "the girl in the wall in the bottom of the floor". Those in charge of testing obliged. The following is a transcript of the recording.

An RC car with some obstacle clearing capability was requisitioned and mounted with a GPS and video camera to inspect the hole of the 09/04 SCP-1782. The device successfully entered the hole and a live feed confirmed the object recorded by the previous entity. Video feed of the object reveals limbs and head of the object moving slowly up and down. Footage went on steadily past 03:12 AM, revealing that the object does not disappear during SCP-1782 cycles, although the entrance to its location is no longer present. GPS positioning reveals the location of the entity to be in the same location as Dr. Sanders, although testing reveals this to be false. Later GPS readings suggest that the device is located at any mature female within 5 meters of SCP-1782 on any given day.

The entity located outside of the door prior to exploration could not be located. The area was deemed safe and Researcher Breen and Ortega were dispatched one hour before SCP-1782's reset time of 03:12 AM to receive a DNA sample from the object in the toilet.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License