SCP-1299
rating: +104+x

Item #: SCP-1299

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-1299 is to be contained in a 8 x 10 x 4 m concrete cell. It is to be kept disconnected from all sources of water, regardless of its current state. The door to its containment chamber is to remain locked at all times unless Procedure F-30 is being enacted. All level-2 and above staff members on site are to carry keys to SCP-1299's containment cell. Once a month, one D-class is to enact Procedure F-30. In case of a containment breach, essential personnel are advised to move as far away as possible from the containment area, and any available female D-class are to be escorted towards the breach site by security.

Description: SCP-1299 is a white porcelain-over-steel freestanding bathtub, manufactured in ████ by the ██████ Corporation. It was discovered when the occupants of a house on 75 ████ Street in ██████████, Ohio experienced an unusually high rate of apparent suicides and murders via drowning. A news story on the anomaly brought the house to the Foundation's attention. The Foundation quickly suppressed all information regarding the crimes and secured the house in question. No anomalies were observed until one agent turned on the handle to SCP-1299, which activated despite being disconnected from the house's water supply, resulting in the agent's death. The Foundation quickly secured the bathtub and moved it to its current containment.

When a living human touches one of the two handles on SCP-1299, the tub will begin filling with water. Once the tub is filled, an invisible force, designated SCP-1299-1, will pull the subject into SCP-1299 and force the subject underwater. An imprint of a pair of hands will appear around the subject's neck while they attempt to escape. Barring outside intervention, the subject will invariably drown, at which point the water will begin to drain via unknown means until the containment chamber is completely dry. The corpse may then be retrieved safely.

If by the 26th night of each month no living body has touched the handles or is in the room, SCP-1299-1 will manifest and leave SCP-1299, leaving a trail of wet humanoid footprints. It will seek out the nearest living human body, which it will drag back to SCP-1299 and begin to drown as normal. If the process is interrupted and the subject pulled away from SCP-1299-1, the subject's personality will undergo a complete resequencing. (For additional information, see Addendum 1299-0-1.) SCP-1299-1 is intangible and impossible to damage by any means yet tested, and does not appear on thermal imaging or X-ray scanning. For additional information see Testing Log 1299-A.

Testing Log 1299-A:

Subject: One (1) D-class personnel (D-985) with background in plumbing.
Conditions: D-985 instructed to attach SCP-1299 to newly constructed water pipe.
Result: SCP-1299 began filling autonomously, and SCP-1299-1 immediately dragged D-985 into SCP-1299 to drown him. Immediately after D-985's death, footprints characteristic of SCP-1299-1 formed a trail towards and through the locked door to the containment chamber. SCP-1299-1 proceeded to grab one of the two guards stationed outside and pull him through the still-locked door into SCP-1299. Site personnel were alerted of a containment breach. SCP-1299-1 continued to seize and drown personnel until it successfully killed a female D-class, at which point SCP-1299 deactivated. The pipe was removed without further incident.

Note: Testing of SCP-1299 to be halted until further notice. Procedure F-30 to continue as scheduled. Recommend female subjects to avoid a second containment breach. -Dr T██

Addendum 1299-0-1: On ██/██/2008, Dr. ████, the researcher who was at the time overseeing SCP-1299, attempted to alter the conditions of Procedure F-30 without proper authorization. D-1130 was introduced to the testing environment and instructed to enter the bathtub per regulation, but when SCP-1299-1 appeared, Dr. ████ breached containment and attempted to pull the subject out of SCP-1299. After approximately 1 minute of struggle, subject was removed from SCP-1299, and the instance of SCP-1299-1 disappeared. D-1130 seemed extremely distressed, asking where he was and insisting that he had just been in his house. Upon further examination and interview, D-1130 referred to himself as ██████, a female who had been killed by drowning ██ years ago in ██████, New York. Her boyfriend had been convicted of her murder, though the evidence was purely circumstantial. After gathering all available information, subject was terminated (for full logs, see Interview 1299-A). One day later, a second D-class was used in Procedure F-30 to prevent a containment breach. Experiments are currently ongoing to determine the cause and results of this secondary effect.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License