SCP-1205
rating: +148+x
wallflowerSCP-new.jpg

SCP-1205 as of 7/██/██

Item #: SCP-1205

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-1205 should be kept in a windowless containment cell with low light, facing a surveillance camera. Air quality tests should be performed on a monthly basis, and the atmosphere adjusted to prevent mold formation.

Personnel monitoring the live surveillance will be alerted by an alarm, in the event of any change in the object's size or shape; observation of the live video feed itself is discouraged, until more information on Incident 1205-G███ is available.

Description: SCP-1205 appears to be a patch of decaying, floral-print wallpaper, still attached to a cut-away segment of wall. The paper appears to be aged and flaking, and seems as vulnerable to burning (both with fire and various chemicals) and cutting as comparable vinyl-free wallpapers. Subjects instructed to intentionally damage the item reported hearing a sustained shriek, as if from a far distance, reminiscent of the ascending pitch of tea kettle's whistle.

Within twenty-four hours, any portions of paper destroyed will re-appear on the wall in their former location and in identical condition. Fragments removed by cutting or tearing inevitably crumble into a fine dust within minutes, reappearing after the same twenty-four hour period. The item has also been observed to change shape and size at irregular intervals. These changes have never added or subtracted more than six square centimeters from the object's approximate surface area.

Under experiment conditions, interaction with the object has not been observed to produce any psychological, physical or other damages, short or long-term. However, controversy surrounding Incident 1205-G███ suggests that further testing for perception-altering influences is necessary.

Incident Report 1205-G███ is required reading for all personnel assigned to SCP-1205.

Note: The following file contains excerpts from Dr. E███ G███'s personal notes and logs. All references to Foundation staff and family members have been censored. Descriptions of events by Dr. G███ which have since been disputed by eyewitnesses are annotated accordingly.

Addendum 7/██/██: While performing air-quality tests in the containment cell, a junior researcher claimed to witness the following—
"I'd just finished up… and I know it isn't a known issue, but I felt weird turning my back on it. So I backed out of the room, keeping an eye on it— and then I saw it move. It was like a little seam appeared in one corner, and a little scrap of it quivered, like someone was trying to tear it off. It pulled free and fluttered to the ground, but I must have blinked. When I looked again, it was gone."

Addendum 2: An anonymous Foundation researcher notes that he/she has read both the incident report and Dr. G███’s original documents several times, and thoroughly. It is his/her opinion that sections of writing have since disappeared from the handwritten originals. This claim is disputed by other researchers.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License