SCP-1157
rating: +251+x

Item #: SCP-1157

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: All instances of SCP-1157 are to be kept in separate 3m x 2m x 3m quarters connected to a secure common area in Sector-07. Curfew is to be enforced at 11pm EST every evening until 6am the following morning. Security must consist of 12 armed guards trained in crowd suppression. SCP-1157-1 is to be kept in isolated quarters not connected to the main containment area.

All staff working directly with any instance of SCP-1157 are to maintain the highest level of information security. No mention is to be made of Foundation staff names, project information, or containment procedures within the SCP-1157 containment area. Verbal communication with SCP-1157 is to be kept to an absolute minimum unless authorized by Dr. Torres. No clothing or equipment used when interacting with SCP-1157 can contain any identifying information. Personnel, including members of MTF Gamma-7, are instructed to carry only digitally encrypted forms of identification when involved in containment or study of SCP-1157.

Mobile Task Force Gamma-7 "Pied Pipers" has been formed to track down and detain any un-contained instances of SCP-1157. Basic information, photographs, fingerprints and DNA samples from SCP-1157 have been distributed to major law enforcement organizations. Coordination with local government and other MTF units will be approved on a case by case basis. Lethal force has been authorized as a last resort.

During a bifurcation event, SCP-1157 personnel are to initiate Protocol-G7 before wake up call.

Description: SCP-1157 is a Caucasian male with brown hair and blue eyes. The subject's anomalous nature was first discovered when an instance of SCP-1157, designated SCP-1157-1, surrendered to the local police in ███████, AZ, claiming to be a member of a terrorist cell. When a bifurcation event occurred while SCP-1157 was in police custody the subject was brought to the attention of the Foundation and transferred to Sector-07 for containment and study.

At intervals of approximately 4 weeks all instances of SCP-1157 will undergo a simultaneous bifurcation event at 3:08AM EST. While SCP-1157 sleeps each subject will split into two identical instances. The event is accompanied by a burst of light and energy which disables any recording devices. Any clothing or other items worn by SCP-1157 will be deposited on the bed underneath the subjects.

Protocol-G7 is to be enacted immediately after every bifurcation event. The containment area is to be flooded with a gaseous sedative. A security team equipped with gas masks must enter the containment quarters and remove one of each resulting subject pairs for euthanasia, study and disposal.

SCP-1157 displays a limited form of shared consciousness. While each instance exhibits their own personality and can make individual choices they also experience the surface thoughts and impulses of all other instances.

Based on subject interviews, at the time of SCP-1157's initial detention at least 5 bifurcation events had already occurred. During containment there have been 3 observed events. To the best estimation the current status of SCP-1157 is as follows:

  • 32 instances contained.
  • 34 instances confirmed deceased.
  • 45 instances euthanized during containment.
  • 86 instances unaccounted for.

Addendum 1:

Addendum 2: Incident Reports

O5 Memo: Requests to have contained instances of SCP-1157 reduced in number denied. Our sedated instances of SCP-1157-1 continue to increase in number. If Gamma-7 can sufficiently reduce the number of militant instances we may soon have a sympathetic majority capable of converting the rest. Until that point we want SCP-1157 to believe they have the upper hand. - O5-██

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License