SCP-1023-ARC
rating: +36+x

The page was marked for deletion; however, because certain pages on the site depend on knowledge of this article—usually tales or supplements—it has been retained. The following articles/stories make reference to this page:

For more information on Archived SCPs, please check out the FAQ or the Archived Pages hub.

Item #: SCP-1023

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-1023 can be kept in a normal safe-deposit box at Site 19's High Value Item Storage Facility. Standard positive-action defenses (explosive, chemical, biological, and memetic) are to be in place at all times, according to standard operating procedure. Further testing shall be carried out in order to determine whether the weapon was of unusual manufacture or contains unusual qualities. Should the tests be determined to be negative, SCP-1023 will be transferred to Inert Item Storage, and this SCP number shall be decommissioned and reassigned.

Description: SCP-1023 consists of a crudely fashioned blade, approximately 80 cm in length and 6 cm in width, constructed of SCP-148. The blade has been snapped off approximately 5 cm from the hilt due to battle damage sustained in the field.

The weapon was utilized by Dr. A Clef during Incident 239-B. There are several unusual facts of its creation that deserve further investigation.

  • How it was created and constructed.
  • How a slightly overweight, grossly out of shape scientist like Dr. Clef managed to defend himself against a trained fencer like Dr. Kondraki.
  • Where it was kept during the prior portion of the incident: camera footage reveals that Dr. Clef is only seen holding it during his "famous" (perhaps infamous) duel with Dr. Kondraki.

Addendum: Based on our analysis of the situation, the sword is perfectly ordinary. Move to decommission this SCP number and reassign it to Dr. Clef's lab coat, which is not.
- Dr. Andrews

Addendum 2: Based on what just happened, it's not ordinary at all. Move to recommission this SCP number. Please send condolences to Dr. Andrews' family.
- O5-11

Addendum 3: Item was destroyed. Please see the Log of Anomalous Items. SCP record will be decommissioned shortly.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License