Emergency Alteration of Operation Lahmi-Gath



rating: +59+x

EMERGENCY ALTERATION
OF
OPERATION LAHMI-GATH


21/01/2021





Active Editors:
Dr. Garett Jordan, Ethics Committee member.
Dr. Phoenix Morrison, Site-19 Administrative Department. Representing the interests of American Sites.
Dr. Sarah Ash, Site-43 Administrative Department. Representing the interests of Canadian Sites.
General Koby Jones, MTF Nu-7 (Hammer Down).
Mr Lloyd Russell, Diplomatic Liaison Department.



OPERATION LAHMI-GATH


Date Authorized: 23/07/1964

Updated on: 31/10/2014

Operation objective: Lahmi-Gath designates the Foundation contingency for the collapse of the American Federal Government.

The Operation will explore Foundation short, medium and long term objectives to ensure continued operation and preserve normalcy during an extended insurgency in the former United States.

Assumptions:

  1. The American Federal Government has lost the ability to administrate >80% of the United States, including both rural and urban areas. Federal Authority will be concentrated to a centralized urban territory, likely on the East Coast.
  2. Insurgency will be decentralized, include all sections of American society and rely on irregular warfare. Insurgent leaders will follow the pattern of other 21st century insurrections, forming many minor factions each with separate diplomatic ties and objectives.
  3. Foreign interference in the civil unrest will be kept to humanitarian support and largely irrelevant minor military aid.
  4. The Federal Government has very little popular support, both inside and outside territory still controlled by it. Major defections in both mundane and anomalous departments are to be expected.
Jones: Never thought we'd actually have to pull this one out of the archives.
Ash: Four's putting it nicely. After the DC crackdown, I can't think of anyone who's out there supporting Mark Esper's men unless they're getting a paycheck for it. These assumptions turned out to be pretty good, for me they can stand as is.
Morrison: No need to generalize - if nobody liked the government, they'd have been wiped off the map entirely by now. A lot of people just want stability and the rule of law back, we can't just assume otherwise.
Russel: If there's anyone out there in the insurgent's land trying to bring the government back, they're staying awful quiet about it. Four seems about fine to me.
Jordan: Agreed. I don't believe these need changing. It's uncanny how we saw this coming 7 years ago.
Jones: History often rhymes. Keep an eye out for any pro-federal counter-insurgency, but for the time being I think the assumptions are correct.
Morrison: Alright - but I want it in writing that we're grossly underestimating how many people just want the status quo back.



Changes Proposed:

None.

VOTE SUMMARY:

YEA NAY
Dr Sarah Ash Dr Phoenix Morrison
Dr Garett Jordan
General Koby Jones
Mr Lloyd Russel


Status:

PROPOSAL ACCEPTED




Immediate Security Concerns


Since the Foundation's inception, American sites have required minimal external security. Outwardly presenting as a military base or other government building has dissuaded all above the veil attacks on Foundation property, allowing all low value and Safe-Euclid sites to operate with minimal site security. Even high-value sites are generally only prepared for one major attack before respite, as would be expected by Hostile GoIs. With the collapse of Federal authority, an entrenched identity as a military base will instead invite frequent attack, which will pose unprecedented issues for continued containment efforts across the entire United States.

As of 31/10/2014, mass amnestization or anomalous means of preventing assaults on Foundation sites is unfeasible, and the use of anomalous weaponry to protect sites will be inadvisable. For this reason, efforts should prioritize reducing Foundation presence in the United States when possible, and preparing American sites for a prolonged siege event. MTF Nu-7 (Hammer Down) will likely be the Foundation's most effective tool to protect major American sites, but does not currently have the capacity to cover every site against prolonged assault.

This suggests the current Foundation presence in the United States of America will not be practical in the event of civil war. This paper recommends a mass evacuation of Safe and all other available objects from the United States. This will no doubt present several logistical challenges on a scale the Foundation has not yet had to deal with. Security risks involving object transport are considered an acceptable consequence of Operation Lahmi-Gath. Objects are to be transported to other North American sites as space allows, with the construction of other Safe low-security sites as necessary to store Anomalous Items and Safe class anomalies.



ACTION POINTS


  1. An immediate withdrawal of non-location anomalies that can be moved without significant risk of containment breach from all American sites.
    • Objects are to be rehoused in Canadian and Mexican sites until maximum occupancy. Further emergency sites are to be built to demand in Canada to house low maintenance anomalies.
  2. Non-location items that emergency evacuation abroad is not feasible for are to be centralized to one site with a majority of MTF Nu-7 reinforcing site security. Currently, Site-19 is the best candidate for this centralized site.
  3. Location-based sites are to take action to conceal their own existence through non-anomalous means when possible and are to be assigned increased security personnel, siphoning from European and Asian sites or inactive Mobile Task Forces if necessary.
Ash: Hell no. You are not picking up the entire American branch of the Foundation and taking it on a road trip to Canada. Even 43 couldn't take on a fraction of what this is asking, and running any site overcapacity is a recipe for disaster. If this isn't changed, people will die.
Morrison: I woke up at 4am two days ago to improvised artillery caving in the roof of Site-19 - Recon department tells me it was Romney loyalists. Supporters of Presidential Nominee Mitt Romney. A significant source of Unrest during the Civil Uprising phase of the American Civil War. Largely absorbed into other factions or local militias as of February., clearly not related to any military unit or they'd known to give us a wide berth. Thankfully, we're light on humanoids and the structural damage is relatively minor, but 73 nearly got overrun by Texan Neoconfeds a few days back and 17's currently under siege. If any site falls, a lifted veil scenario is the best-case scenario. An army way out of their depth wandering about a Foundation site, letting god knows what loose is a terrifying thought.
Jordan: But what is the alternative? We can't just pull out of America after it's been the heartland of the Foundation for the last hundred years, let alone while roads are falling apart and the skies are full of flak.
Russel: Totally Agree. We're on the defensive and have some of the biggest fucking guns money can buy. If they think 19 is a military base, so be it - put up an exclusion zone around the sites and terminate anyone who tries to break it. A Foundation IVF beats a militia with their handguns.
Jones: My first briefing of the day described how Detroit's militia took out a 6 million Dollar M1 Abrams and the four Foundation security personnel inside it with an IED stapled to a drone that cost at most $2000. The Terror-Industrial Complex will outcompete us with no trouble if we try to keep our position in the Americas.
Russel: The what?
Jones: The Terror-Industrial Complex - named after Da'esh strategy in the Syrian Civil War. With the rise of the internet, the spread of improvised weaponry is near-universal, and constantly being improved by use. Open source instruments of destruction. We're talking mortars easy enough to build that your average American mechanic could put one together. Shells that can be made from any factory that produces something remotely cylindrical. A modular detonator that's used in mortar shells, grenades, improvised rockets, car bombs and the IED that dropped like a message from God upon four personnel and their tank this morning. All you need are Materials.
Jones: Materials, by the way, that America has in excess. A rural Midwestern farmer likely has metric tons of the same explosive precursors that Da'esh used to carve a ruthless empire through the middle east. All of which can be weaponised at a thousandth of the cost of what the Foundation would have to pay to repair or replace the damage the improvised weapon can do.
Jones: We're experiencing the Insurgent's Industrial Revolution, and the Foundation cannot hold against it forever.





Ash: Alright, staying in America isn't an option then, but that doesn't change that Canada still can't take all this in without our infrastructure crumbling under the load. Can we throw some of the more problematic objects at the European sites? It's a few extra hours of travel over the Atlantic and would do wonders for containment security. They can stay temporarily in Canada for pick-up if that would make things easier.
Morrison: As long as they're out of America, do whatever you want with them. The last thing we need is for anything we've got to end up in the hands of the rebels.
Russel: I suppose it doesn't really pose any more of a containment risk than hours of travel over or through the various no-fly-zones and roadblocks throughout America. I'm okay with this amendment.
Jordan: If the situation out there is really as bad as you say, I don't believe we have any choice. This change seems like the most sensible course of action.



Changes Proposed:

  1. An immediate withdrawal of non-location anomalies that can be moved without significant risk of containment breach from all American sites.
    • Objects are to be rehoused in Canadian and Mexican sites until maximum occupancy. Further emergency sites are to be built to demand in Canada to house low maintenance anomalies.
    • Objects are to be temporarily rehoused in Canadian and Mexican sites and transferred to appropriate Sites worldwide to reduce strain on Foundation infrastructure. Emergency sites are to be built to demand in Canada to house low maintenance anomalies.
  2. Non-location items that emergency evacuation abroad is not feasible for are to be centralized to one site with a majority of MTF Nu-7 reinforcing site security. Currently, Site-19 is the best candidate for this centralized site.
  3. Location-based sites are to take action to conceal their own existence through non-anomalous means when possible and are to be assigned increased security personnel, siphoning from European and Asian sites or inactive Mobile Task Forces if necessary.

VOTE SUMMARY:

YEA NAY
Dr Sarah Ash ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Dr Garett Jordan
General Koby Jones
Mr Lloyd Russel
Dr Phoenix Morrison


Status:

PROPOSAL ACCEPTED




Supplying the Foundation in a Warzone


The Foundation's expenditures in the United States of America are comparable to that of an entire nation. An average of 80% of this is spent on object containment. With the collapse of traditional production and import routes, continued containment will become increasingly difficult. The Foundation consumes huge amounts of capital and materials in the protection of consensus reality, often requiring incredibly specialized or rare resources that have only become available in the globalized 20th-century world. Alternative methods of acquiring these will be discussed below in order of difficulty.

The United States are the largest government contributor to the Foundation's budget but will likely be unable and unwilling to continue providing to Foundation efforts in the event of severe civil unrest. In addition to this, America's collapse will lead to a recession, rendering Foundation investments unlikely to make up the difference if required. While long term this provides an opportunity for increased Foundation investment, it leaves very little option for a short term injection. Instead, immediate fundraising efforts could include liquidation of Foundation front organizations or expanded contributions from other nation-states.

Even with sufficient funding, supplying sites brings with it several complications.
Firstly, there will always be an inherent risk of transporting materials through a war zone, by air or by land. These losses will have to be considered acceptable, but minimized when possible by concealing low-value transport as civilian, and escorts for high value. More importantly, concealed sites deep in insurgents land will not be able to be supplied on a regular basis. Frequent shipments will draw unnecessary attention to Foundation sites, which poses an unacceptable risk to normalcy as mentioned in the first section of Operation Lahmi-Gath. For this reason, all sites should be supplied with several months of supplies, those necessary for containment and food/water to sustain staff for the same period of time. This should allow site self-sufficiency regardless of the conditions around it for everything except electricity.

A power-cut at nearly any site would almost certainly cause a major containment breach. Currently, policy calls for a standardized 6 hours worth of onsite power storage in the form of a battery buffer, but this will be inadequate should American national infrastructure collapse. The Libyan civil war teaches us to expect frequent, long-lasting power cuts, exasperated by the fact that many facilities will be working without the express permission of those with authority over the land they are on, meaning a connection to mains electricity may not be possible at all. Each remaining Foundation site must be self-sufficient in regards to power, for a long enough period that ensures they can run until resupply without risk of a blackout.



ACTION POINTS


  1. Significant effort to appeal for further funding from world governments is to be undertaken.
    • Liaison efforts should focus on nations with proportionally low contributions to the Foundation's efforts, including China, India and Japan.
    • Minor concessions to these nations may be necessary following consultation with and a supermajority agreement of the O5 council.
  2. Liquidation of select European and Asian Foundation front Organizations for a short term injection of capital until the world economy can stabilize.
  3. Remaining American sites must have no less than three months of supplies to continue containment efforts when resupply is not feasible.
  4. All sites must have power generation capabilities greater than the site's maximum usage over the previous six months.
    • Sites relying on fuelled generators must have a stockpile of at least three months fuel to ensure self-sufficiency and isolation.
    • Sites relying on other forms of electricity generation, including most renewable sources, must have a sufficient battery buffer to allow for downtime.
  5. To prevent power outage, all sites must run under brownout conditions until the end of hostilities in America.
Russel: Foundation-Chinese relations are better now than they were back in 2014, and the Chinese economy's faring better than most the world's who's still recovering from 2020 or reeling from America’s collapse right now. I'm sure we can convince them to cough up some cash to keep the lights on. India might be more tricky but Japan should be willing and able to step up to the plate too.
Morrison: So now we're cozying up to the PRC? We're just going to offer some vague 'concessions' to an authoritarian state for a bit of cash the Foundation surely has lying around. They're not going to give us something for nothing.
Jones: I agree with Phoenix here. Nobody's going to chip in out of the goodness of their hearts, and sacrificing Foundation independence for a few yuan is unacceptable.
Morrison: Thank you. How could we carry out the Prime Directive in East Asia when we can't risk something as simple as investigating the Chinese Government or not giving into Indian demands without our funding drying up? Action Point 1 has to go.



Changes Proposed:

  1. Significant effort to appeal for further funding from world governments is to be undertaken.
    • Liaison efforts should focus on nations with proportionally low contributions to the Foundation's efforts, including China, India and Japan.
    • Minor concessions to these nations may be necessary following consultation with and a supermajority agreement of the O5 council.
  2. Liquidation of select European and Asian Foundation front Organizations for a short term injection of capital until the world economy can stabilize.
  3. Remaining American sites must have no less than three months of supplies to continue containment efforts when resupply is not feasible.
  4. All sites must have power generation capabilities greater than the site's maximum usage over the previous six months.
    • Sites relying on fuelled generators must have a stockpile of at least three months fuel to ensure self-sufficiency and isolation.
    • Sites relying on other forms of electricity generation, including most renewable sources, must have a sufficient battery buffer to allow for downtime.
  5. To prevent power outage, all sites must run under brownout conditions until the end of hostilities in America.

VOTE SUMMARY:

YEA NAY
Dr Phoenix Morrison Mr Lloyd Russel
General Koby Jones Dr Sarah Ash
Dr. Garett Jordan
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀


Status:

PROPOSAL DENIED




Jordan: In 2020, the United States of America had two independent organizations for the anomalous world. These have been used to attack Foundation sites, advance American foreign policy and, since November, upon their own citizens in the name of keeping the peace. It is not a comforting thought, but the Foundation never had a monopoly on containment under America's wings. To imply that the same situation of mutual cooperation with India or China is any worse is blatant Orientalism.
Morrison: Do I really need to explain the difference between pre-junta America and the Communist Party of China to a member of the fucking Ethics Committee? We can't rely on authoritarian governments to prop the Foundation up and expect to remain objective, and I refuse to support giving up one of the Foundation's founding principles for some short term cash we can find elsewhere.
Ash: Nobody's saying the situation is ideal Morrison, but I trust the O5s not to sell us about to the highest bidder. We need to keep all our options open.
Jones: I'm not happy about it either, but the other three seem pretty set in their opinions. I don't think we're going to change any minds here and this needs to be sorted ASAP. Let's just move on. Any complaints about the other Action Points?
Ash: I'm sure logistics will have something to say about the ludicrous supply concerns of two through four but that's outside my department. Nothing else here seems very controversial.



Changes Proposed:

None.

VOTE SUMMARY:

YEA NAY
Dr Sarah Ash Dr Phoenix Morrison
Dr Garett Jordan General Koby Jones
Mr Lloyd Russel


Status:

PROPOSAL ACCEPTED




Personnel Requirements


The Foundation requires a consistent supply of personnel, both specialized and D-class. While Researcher and Agent recruitment efforts in Europe can be expanded to make up for the human capital flight. Colloquially referred to as 'Brain Drain' America will experience, D-class recruitment will pose a major issue for continued operation. The United States has the largest criminal population in the world and makes up a supermajority of D-class personnel - other nations with a sufficient population eligible for D-Class recruitment are not ideal due to a lack of English comprehension in prisoner population and logistical concerns.

If alternative English speaking countries cannot supply Foundation requirements due to quantitative or logistical concerns, Protocol 12. In times of duress, Protocol 12 may be enacted, which allows recruitment from other sources — such as political prisoners, refugee populations, and other civilian sources — that can be transferred into Foundation custody under plausibly deniable circumstances.
-Security Clearance Dossier, Level 4.
should be invoked, expanding the criteria for the recruitment of D-Class personnel as necessary. The Federal Government remnants will be the only group the Foundation can continue to acquire D-class personnel through in North America without significant risk of information breach. There will likely be an incarcerated population larger than pre-civil war conditions that are eligible for D-Class status under Protocol 12, which will serve as a pragmatic source for D-Class personnel employment.



ACTION POINTS


  1. Foundation researcher and agent recruitment efforts in Europe are to be expanded to ensure continued containment.
  2. A reduced version of Protocol 12, to be decided by Ethics Committee consensus, is to be invoked in the Foundation worldwide, altering requirements of D-Class personnel.
  3. D-Class recruitment is to be relegated to a site-level policy in the former United States of America.
  4. Negotiations with Federal Government should begin to ensure a significant D-Class reserve following the collapse of rule of law.
  5. All testing considered non-essential is to be suspended indefinitely on a Foundation-wide level. Excess D-Class personnel are to be reassigned to United States sites.
Ash: Cut the euphemisms. This is talking about accepting political prisoners, whose crimes could be as minor as being a member of the SRA,. The Socialist Rifle Association, an organization with approximately 25,000 members as of November 2020. Banned by the United States Department of Homeland Security in December 2020 following major resistance to martial law by several members. or taking part in one of the August protests, long before anyone saw this coming. We're taking innocent people and we're throwing them at horrors we keep hidden for a damn good reason. This is unconscionable.
Jordan: The Foundation needs bodies, and there's nothing we can do about that. With that being said, the Ethics Committee has access to Protocol 12 and I cannot in good faith recommend authorizing it short of a worldwide emergency. Introduction of a translator on all Foundation sites seems like an acceptable alternative solution. The technology has advanced rapidly since this paper was last updated.
Jones: Translators can be accurate to the word and meaning or they can be real-time - we need both, and the technology is just not there yet. One miscommunication and entire sites could fall. Sourcing D-Class from America makes the most sense right now.
Morrison: Why is this even a question? We take political prisoners from America or what? We take political prisoners from Russia and China nine times out of ten. And it's one less thing they can hold over our heads since you lot seem set on selling out. The American's will thank us for taking people off their hands and we need all the goodwill we can get right now.
Ash: We aren't sending Americans convicted of having the wrong opinions to death! And we definitely aren't doing it to win fucking brownie points with a collapsing government. America's time in the sun is over, and you need to accept that, Phoenix. Stop clinging to a Democracy that died when Esper stepped in two months ago.
Morrison: It just makes the most sense is all I'm saying. Nobody's happy about the fact he upstaged Warren - even the Jeffersonians,. Advocates for the statehood and, following the November 23rd Declaration of Secession, independence of Jefferson, a rural pacific region.

Largely considered to be the end of the Civil Uprising Phase of the American Civil War and the beginning of Early Insurgency.
but the Federal Government is still by far the most organized and well-equipped faction in America. Get on their good side and we've got a whole host less problems, and they'll owe us one hell of a favour once the situation is back under control.
Russel: Dealing in favours of any side is seriously outside the purview of Operation Lahmi-Gath - leave that to the Liaison Department. I'm not horribly against invoking Protocol 12, but really Phoenix, remember that you are here to represent the interests of the Foundation's sites first and leave your American sympathies at the door.



Changes Proposed:

  1. Foundation researcher and agent recruitment efforts in Europe are to be expanded to ensure continued containment.
  2. A reduced version of Protocol 12, to be decided by Ethics Committee consensus, Protocol 12 is to be invoked in the Foundation worldwide in the former United States of America, altering requirements of D-Class personnel.
  3. D-Class recruitment is to be relegated to a site-level policy in the former United States of America.
  4. Negotiations with Federal Government should begin to ensure a significant D-Class reserve following the collapse of rule of law.
  5. All testing considered non-essential is to be suspended indefinitely on a Foundation-wide level. Excess D-Class personnel are to be reassigned to United States sites.

VOTE SUMMARY:

YEA NAY
Dr Phoenix Morrison Mr Lloyd Russel
General Koby Jones
Dr Sarah Ash
Dr Garett Jordan


Status:

PROPOSAL DENIED

Morrison: Like you all said, we need to keep our options open. We can't just cut down on testing worldwide and expect it to go smoothly. Our sites in Europe do good work too and having them risk breach because we don't even know what our objects do anymore isn't going to cut it. We need every edge we can get to keep the anomalous at bay.
Jordan: Phoenix, the idea of conscripting what's little more than civilians is abhorrent. This entire committee is agreed upon that, excluding you. There are some lines we must tread with the utmost caution, and this is one of them.
Jones: Look. I'm with you Gary, nobody wants to see civilians lined up to do the Foundation's dirty work, but normalcy has to come first - we can't just compromise worldwide efforts because of American domestic events. The Foundation doesn't do unnecessary testing and I'm not gonna be able to sleep at night knowing we're cutting corners and risking everything over this.
Ash: But you can sleep just fine knowing you're marching innocent men and women to their deaths?
Jones: This is a war, Dr Ash. Nobody said we'd be making the easy choices.
Ash: This isn't just a hard choice. This is betraying humanity at large because it's too inconvenient to find a solution, and I won't stand for it.



Changes Proposed:

  1. Foundation researcher and agent recruitment efforts in Europe are to be expanded to ensure continued containment.
  2. A reduced version of Protocol 12, to be decided by Ethics Committee consensus, is to be invoked in the Foundation worldwide, altering requirements of D-Class personnel.
  3. D-Class recruitment is to be relegated to a site-level policy in the former United States of America.
  4. Negotiations with Federal Government should begin to ensure a significant D-Class reserve following the collapse of rule of law.
  5. All testing considered non-essential is to be suspended indefinitely on a Foundation-wide level. Excess D-Class personnel are to be reassigned to United States sites.

VOTE SUMMARY:

YEA NAY
Dr Sarah Ash Dr Phoenix Morrison
Dr Garett Jordan Mr Lloyd Russel
General Koby Jones


Status:

PROPOSAL DENIED




Ash: What the hell Lloyd? How can you support this?
Russel: I hate the thought of it too, but they've got a point. The Foundation needs to keep on ticking, and nobody's jumping forward with any other ideas. Could I put forward a compromise?
Jones: I'm all ears.
Russel: Offering civillian D-Class personnel lower risk assignments.
Ash: Absolutely not. The average life expectancy of a D-class on an American site is five weeks. As in, half the time they don't even last as long as that. The Foundation does not have "lower risk" assignments for D-Class, we have trained personnel for that. This'll just be sugarcoating marching political dissidents to their deaths.
Jordan: I am inclined to agree with Sarah here. The Foundation commits grave acts in the protection of normalcy and humanity, but I will not authorize the conscription of prisoners of conscience as standard Foundation policy. It is a precedent we cannot allow to set.
Morrison: These aren't activists Garett, these are terrorists and militiamen. Four months ago they would have been accepted into the D-Class system with no questions asked.
Ash: Bullshit. Half these guys in jail never even picked up a gun. Political prisoners should not be D-Class. I never thought that even needed to be said.
Morrison: Dr Ash, I know you feel strongly for Jonathon, but humanity is on the line here. Like I was commanded earlier, we must leave our sympathies at the door.
Ash:
Ash: You piece of shit.
Jones: Sarah?
Ash: You have no right name dropping my husband after spending this entire meeting sucking up to the government that imprisoned him. My basic respect for human life isn't related to that. It's just called being a decent fucking person.
Morrison: You were fine enough with it when we were killing convicts in the thousands before Lahmi-Gath. Funny how human decency only matters once you have a stake in it.
Ash: Fuck you. We've got a chance to protect lives and do something genuinely for the better here and you're too busy digging up shit you have no business talking about.
Russel: Enough. We have a job to do here. I'm calling a 5-minute recess, everyone get it out your systems by then.










Jones: Sarah, the Foundation needs D-class. We can't risk normalcy and civilization over a few hundred lives. You have my deepest condolences for your husband's situation, but we must prioritize the greater good here.
Jordan: We shouldn't be so hasty to sign the death warrants of those who may well be innocent. The Foundation has always made do with the hand it was dealt, and it will continue to do so. The Ethics Committee refused D-Class intake from hybrid regimes in the past - we cannot overturn Foundation precedent and replace it with something this inhumane.
Jones: We refused in the past because we had a choice! We had the luxury of the moral high ground. That has been snatched from us, and I refuse to put our sites at risk because of a few bleeding hearts in this meeting.
Russel: Koby is right. We can't cut D-Class numbers, and there's very little we can do to mitigate the danger we will inevitably put civilians in. Nonetheless, I would not be able to sleep easy if we didn't try.
Ash: No 'mitigation', no 'damage prevention'. We don't need to test every damn thing into oblivion while the global order is collapsing. I'm standing firm on this.
Jordan: I am with Dr Ash. A low-risk D-Class would be largely ineffective and only cause division and favoritism within sites. The Foundation can run at minimal capacity for the duration of the American Civil War.
Russel: That could be a decade from now. Be realistic here - every day we run the Foundation understaffed we risk the death of millions. We cannot just wait for America's permission to protect humanity once more. Take the compromise. We're done here.



Changes Proposed:

  1. Foundation researcher and agent recruitment efforts in Europe are to be expanded to ensure continued containment.
  2. A reduced version of Protocol 12, to be decided by Ethics Committee consensus, is to be invoked in the Foundation worldwide, altering requirements of D-Class personnel.
    • Personnel recruited under this new criteria are to be given a new designation, D-L, and assigned to low-risk tasks when logistically feasible.
  3. D-Class recruitment is to be relegated to a site-level policy in the former United States of America.
  4. Negotiations with Federal Government should begin to ensure a significant D-Class reserve following the collapse of rule of law.
  5. All testing considered non-essential is to be suspended indefinitely on a Foundation-wide level. Excess D-Class personnel are to be reassigned to United States sites.

VOTE SUMMARY:

YEA NAY
General Koby Jones Dr Garett Jordan
Dr Phoenix Morrison Dr Sarah Ash
Mr Lloyd Russel


Status:

PROPOSAL ACCEPTED




Morrison: Regardless of our D-Class policy, I cannot agree to this Operation as a whole. We're refusing to take the path of least resistance in the Americas, risking everything the Foundation seeks to protect in the process and bowing down to tyrants. Lahmi-Gath is sacrificing the objectivity and pragmatism this organization has upheld for as long as I've been working here, and I refuse to stand for this compromise.
Russel: The world is changing, Phoenix. We have no choice but to change with it.





Operation Lahmi-Gath




VOTE SUMMARY:

YEA NAY
Dr Sarah Ash Dr Phoenix Morrison
Dr Garett Jordan
Mr Lloyd Russel
General Koby Jones


Status:

OPERATION AUTHORIZED






With thanks to Zoobeeny, cwazzycrafter, Mooagain, Traque_ and Eagleknight9.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License