Observation Log 709
rating: +97+x

Record of observations made from SCP-709

Please include your name, the date and initial time of observation, and the length of time spent observing.

Name: Agent Talmor
Date: 04/01/2009
Time: 23:15 approx.
Duration: 20 minutes approx.
Observed: A family of raccoons playing in the snow, wearing mittens and boots. They made and threw snowballs, built a snow raccoon, and otherwise engaged in normal winter play.

Name: Agent Thompson
Date: 06/01/2009
Time: 19:30
Duration: 23 minutes
Observed: Several species of wildlife including: bears, deer, wolves, birds, sheep, raccoons and squirrels (all of which were bipedal) engaged in warfare, using current day automatic weapons and several futuristic laser cannons.

Name: Dr. █████
Date: 01/08/████
Time: 12:00
Duration: 30 minutes
Observed:

  1. Large tree-like being which moved a total of four feet during observation. Appeared to wave "branches" several times, and [DATA EXPUNGED].
  2. A large viper-like lizard, with gliding wings that appear to be part of the rib cage.
  3. A small family of grizzly bears, which appear to have tongues similar to those of the chameleon, as well a second set of limbs mid-way down the rib cage.
  4. [DATA EXPUNGED] aware of observation. Level of awareness appears to be minimal, and the subject's physical dimensions limit any possibility of interaction.

Name: Agent CarrionTrooper
Date: 10/07/2009
Time: 09:10 approx.
Duration: 50 minutes approx.
Observed: Velociraptors hunting a Parasaurolophus. They used obsidian knives to butcher the meat, and carried bag-like containers where they put the rest of the meat. They left the scene after butchering the Parasaurolophus. Shortly after they left, small unidentified dinosaurs scurried to the carcass and ate bits of it.

Name: Agent Hunter and a videocamera
Date: 05/17/2009
Time: 17:10 approx.
Duration: ca. 45 minutes
Observed: [Agent] At first a child was seen flying about on a rocking horse, chased by what appeared to be a "small friendly flock of bird". The birds did not match any native species. After they had flown, several trees were seen to fall, despite not hearing a sound that could explain their fall. Finally, a herd of "miniature elephants" the size of ponies walked past.

[Camera] The camera did not record anything. To be more precise, what it recorded appears to have been a single still image (it includes at least two birds in mid-flight), accompanied with the normal sounds of a forest.

Name: Dr. Light
Date: 08/10/2009
Time: 8:30
Duration: 60 minutes approx.
Observed: A single organism of variable size and shape, which emerged from a nearby body of water and proceeded, over the following hour, to recreate the stages of human evolution. It began as an early amphibian, and slowly began to grow legs, arms, fur, teeth, becoming bipedal, and using sticks as tools. Once the organism reached the current stage of human development, it continued developing for approximately five minutes (gaining longer fingers and toes and larger eyes, while diminishing in stature) until it was abruptly consumed by what appeared to be "a very fast, very large SCP-682."
Dr. Light notes that while slightly disturbing, the process was "scientifically fascinating, and I wish I could have recorded it."

Name: Dr. Garcia
Date: 11/11/2010
Time: 14:45
Duration: 25 minutes approx.
Observed: Environment appears to be flooded, to a depth greatly exceeding the altitude of the observation position, with a fluid (inferred to consist of liquid methane, based on ████████████████████). Neither the surface nor the bottom of the "sea" could be observed, and lighting conditions were very poor. A group of manta ray-like bioluminescent organisms, each exceeding 40 meters in body length, swam past the observation point at one point.

Name: Agent Poe
Date: 03/20/2012
Time: 17:40
Duration: 15 minutes approx.
Observed: A huge and oddly distorted human face that emerged from just above the viewpoint. It stared directly at the agent for several minutes before [DATA EXPUNGED]. A number of human-like creatures were seen to form out of the remains, all of which seemed to be aware of their observer.

Name: Dr. Chesnokov
Date: 05/15/2012
Time: 12:12
Duration: 38 minutes approx.
Observed: A single male Pan troglodytes (common chimpanzee) appeared from the south-west, into the view of the observation point, carrying the following:

  • █████ █████-brand smoothie cup, in left hand, with a violet liquid visible through transparent straw.
  • Nondescript smart phone, in its mouth.
  • Novel, entitled █████████, under its right arm.

Chimpanzee made its way to a tree and proceeded to climb upward until it reached a branch eye-level with observer and approximately 30 meters away, before sitting. For the rest of the event, the chimpanzee stared intently at the pages within the book, occasionally sipping from its smoothie and checking its smartphone. This continued for 37 minutes until it suddenly stood and climbed back down, leaving from where it entered.

Name: Researcher Charon
Date: 06/05/2012
Time: 11:32
Duration: 23 minutes approx.
Observed: A group of five Suricata suricatta (meerkat), riding an assortment of four wheeled vehicles, similar to "quad-runners". All were wearing leather vests, on the backs of which were embroidered a large sun in the middle with a halo on top, the words "Sun Angels" surrounding. Coordinating via unintelligible chirrups and barks, they seemed to be searching for something. After about 10 minutes, they formed a large circle, dismounted their vehicles, and began moving inward. When the circle was about 25 meters in diameter, something sprang from the underbrush at about the center, and tried to escape. After turning around and seeing that it was surrounded, it tried to make a last stand. The central figure looked like a wolf hominid. The five clan members closed in and eviscerated the wolf creature using their long claws, claiming victory when one of the clan held the wolf's head aloft.
A visibly shaken Researcher Charon noted: "I'm never going to be able to watch The Lion King after THAT!"

Name: Dr. Zara
Date: 04/10/2012
Time: 11:17
Duration: 45 minutes approx.
Observed: Plant life unchanged. Fauna not visible, except for a single, enormous horse slowly trekking to the west. Atmospheric dimming suggests horse to be at least twenty kilometers away and more than five kilometers in height.

Name: Researcher Ford
Date: 12/10/2012
Time: 13:13
Duration: 10 min approx.
Observed: Researcher Ford looked thoroughly confused upon exiting the tree house. He then explained that he had seen four men in lumberjack attire gathered around a log. None of the men had any apparent facial features. One carried a trumpet that appeared to be made of brass, and was holding it next to where a mouth would be. Another was dribbling a basketball between both his hands. The third carried a birdcage containing a gray bird similar to a pigeon. The last had a jar of peanut butter and a plastic knife that it was using to butter the log. Researcher Ford was oddly concerned with the fact that the peanut butter jar didn't seem to run out even after ten minutes of spreading it on the log. This was noted as within normal parameters and did not warrant any psychological testing.

Name: Dr. Gums
Date: 5/27/2013
Time: 14:35
Duration: 42 min approx.
Observed: A swarm of insects resembling Vespa mandarinia (Asian Giant Hornet) were observed to be feeding on the burnt corpse of an unidentified mammal. After about 10 minutes, a live version of the mammal, seemingly on fire and led by what appeared to be a bipedal Crocodylus porosus (Saltwater Crocodile), appeared in-view. The bipedal crocodile proceeded to tear off a low-hanging branch of a nearby tree and carve it into a crude approximation of a flute. About 20 minutes in, it played the makeshift flute, causing the hornets to spasm uncontrollably for a period of about 5 seconds and cease motion. The mammal proceed to systematically crush and consume the hornets for the duration of the observation.

Name: Dr. Miller
Date: 11/05/2014
Time: 10:24
Duration: 17 minutes
Observed: A line of approximately 200 aardvarks (Orycteropus afer) marched past the observation post two by two. The aardvarks were colored with various bright patterns in a tie-dye fashion.

Name: Dr. King
Date: 1/17/2015
Time: 12:15
Duration: Exactly 5 min
Observed: Dr. King came out exactly five minutes after having entered, swearing profusely. Eventually, he calmed down enough to explain what he saw. As soon as the vision began, the forest immediately filled with apple seeds up to just below the tree house. It was at that point that he decided he was done testing it.

Name: Agent Masterson
Date: 5/11/2016
Time: 16:25
Duration: 8 min
Observed: Two (2) entities appearing as human females approximately 20 years old, roughly 4 in (10 cm) tall and possessing iridescent translucent wings on their backs, flew up to the observation window. They appeared to engage in conversation regarding Agent Masterson, with frequent pointing to him and attempts to look through the window. They then flew off.

Name: Dr. Smith
Date: 6/23/2017
Time: 09:15
Duration: 69 min
Observed: Twelve grey kangaroos (Macropus giganteus) entered view, followed by six giant pangolins (Smutsia gigantea) which were carrying rolled up mats. One kangaroo commenced striking the pangolins with a staff, and the pangolins quickly unrolled the mats onto the ground. Two kangaroos went to the head of the area covered, while the others observed. The kangaroos then bowed to each other, and the kangaroos at the front began demonstrating various fighting maneuvers, and then the other kangaroos commenced imitating them. The pangolins remained motionless along side the mats. After 15 minutes, the first two kangaroos began another series of fighting actions, and again the other ten imitated them repeatedly for 15 minutes. Then all the Kangaroos bowed to each other again, and left the mats. One kangaroo again started striking the pangolins with its staff, which then quickly rolled the mats back up and all eighteen entities left the area.

Name: Dr. Dreamly
Date: 09/12/2017
Time: 07:35 approx.
Duration: 10 minutes
Observed: All greenery besides grass demanifests, and a dirt path form along the ground from the leftmost side of the observation area to the rightmost. The ground magically raised up to match the altitude of the observation area. A parade of bipedal domestic cats (Felis catus) of the American Shorthair breed and domestic dogs (Canis familiaris) wearing attire for a marching band marched around the viewing area for about 7 minutes before the last marching member, a bipedal Flemish Giant rabbit carrying a pink flag, left the view of the observation area. As the marching entities marched along, small jets of confetti shot up from the ground as the leader crossed certain "checkpoints" marked by two flags placed on each side along the winding path.

Name: Researcher Philipsin
Date: 03/22/2018
Time: 13:45
Duration: 86 minutes
Observed: Two armies, one consisting entirely of naked male humanoids with the heads of bald eagles (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) and the other composed entirely of naked female humanoids with the heads of eastern gray squirrels (Sciurus carolinensis). The army of squirrel-headed entities were carrying daggers of unknown make, and the eagle-headed beings had approximately 18cm long talons supplementing their fingers. After about 60 minutes of bloody combat, combat ceases and the leader of the squirrel-headed army is dragged out and beheaded by the leader of the eagle army. All living combatants exit the area, but the corpses of the dead soldiers remained until viewing was terminated.

Name: Dr. Trent
Date: 11/14/2016
Time: 08:30
Duration: 6 minutes
Observed: A four-meter-tall black rat (Rattus rattus) climbs the closest tree to the viewing area, and stared at Dr. Trent for almost 4 minutes. The large rat then attempted to jump at Dr. Trent who immediately fell back and ran off.
Notes: Holy [EXPLETIVE] that scared the everliving [EXPLETIVE] out of me. Damn thing almost gave me a heart attack. -Dr. Trent

Name: Agent Peterson
Date: 02-26-2020
Time: 12:25
Duration: 74 minutes
Observed: A large hole opens in the ground, causing trees, bushes, and multiple animals to fall into the hole. A large burst of fire bursts out of the hole, immediately vaporizing everything in the area, covering the window. No heat is felt from inside SCP-709. After 10 minutes of silence and smoke rising out of the hole akin to that of a volcanic eruption, an army of demonic figures climb, fly, and jump out of the hole. A behemoth human-goat-minotaur-snake-boar hybrid with large leathery bat wings reaches its clawed hands out of the hole, tearing it open wider. The being's heavily disfigured head and upper torso rise out of the now gargantuan hole as it raises its large muscly arms, each one of four covered with patches of scales, fur, bone, quills, burning flesh, and muscle tissue into the air as the smaller fiendish beings start chanting and screaming. The being points its arm to the window as a group of winged demons begins rushing towards SCP-709. The demons attacking the window are fairly weak and have no effect on SCP-709. Their little pitchfork-type weapons only make light knocking sounds against the glass.

Name: Dr Norms
Date: 04-18-2020
Time: 1:47
Duration: 15 minutes
Observed: Entities identical to characters "Hamton J Pig" and "Plucky Duck" from the animated series "Tiny Toon Adventures" appear. The "Hamton" entity is in a wheelchair, and maneuvers it in wide counter-clockwise circles while repeatedly vocalizing the words "The dots. The dots. The dots." at a rapid pace. The "Plucky" entity follows closely behind, without doing anything else of note. They both exit to the left of the viewpoint after performing this action for ten minutes. The "Hamton" entity does not cease its vocalizations while exiting.

Name: Dr. Chang
Date: 09-22-2021
Time: 11:23
Duration: 5 minutes
Observed: Six entities come into view. They vary somewhat in appearance, but all are small, long-necked, with long ears, large eyes on the side of the head, with one long canine tooth in the middle of the upper jaw. The forelimbs are very long and narrow, the upper limbs very short. All six entities have long tails. They are covered by short fur, and are carrying spears. They explore the surrounding terrain and gather and eat various small food items. They then run off out of viewing. A computer image search of the internet revealed a 0.9962 probability match with a species called a "yinglet".

Name: Dr. Jones
Date: 04-06-2023
Time: 09:43
Duration: 1 minute
Observed: An orca (Orcinus orca) walked on its flukes up to the observation window, levitating at a ~50 cm height. The orca had large glasses, mustache and a 1.2-meter-long cigar. The orca stared into the observation window and then proceeded to strike the window with a rubber chicken three times before walking off.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License