Welcome to this installment of site news, where we celebrate the holidays and SCPs!
This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month, and fan-content for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!
- The featured articles for this month are SCP-1175 ("Bovine Icon and Guards") by ChazzK and Sparks of Creativity by Freudian. One's about guard bulls, and the other's about a newly-formed excited AI. Check them out!
- The featured articles for November were SCP-1250 ("Alternate Reality Recorders") by UncleJoe and Rough Beast by zaratustra. One's about tape recorders with some weird discrepancies, and the other's about how the Broken God becomes whole with the help of some unlikely sources. Check them out!
- December 13, a day for music. Specifically, violins, though as Drewbear shows us, some of those lovely stringed instruments are too sinister to really enjoy.
- December 24, Christmas Eve! For some, a day to prepare for the upcoming holiday. For some, a day to celebrate. And for others, not quite the happiest day. See how some Foundation employees handle the holidays, courtesy of Jacob Conwell.
- New Year's Eve! Yes, that's right, the calm before the storm, December 31 is the final day of, frankly, a shitfuck year that was 2016. For some, they were more Quiet Days. Dmatix has you covered in the more somber send-off of the year.
Rest of the News
- The History Contest is now a thing! One of the first contests of the year to celebrate the Ten-Year Anniversary of SCP. Be sure to check it out and submit something!
- The 5th Annual SCP Holiday Art Exchange has come and gone, and lots of exciting gifts! From tales, to pictures, to pictures of what used to be a library! Come see all the wonderful creativity on tap from the community!
Missing out on articles? Enjoy a recap on the articles from the past month. rumetzen created the blurbs from December 1 - 14. A Random Day created the blurbs for December 15-31. As the holidays kick into high gear, enjoy!
Week of December 1st:
- SCP-2715 ("Guilty Sister") - Poisons can't hurt her, but loneliness will always wear you down. Written by Noktigo.
- SCP-2609 ("Traveling Lamp") - Lamps aren't that dangerous, right? Sure, as long as they stay put. Written by TheGreatGimmick.
- Tristar Pictures ("A film by SCP-2956, products of Natura Toys.") - Do you know how many safety briefs we're going to have to sit through because of this mess? Get it together guys. Compiled and edited before submission by LordStonefish.
- SCP-2635 ("Hot Potato") - They say that art can set the soul aflame. And you. Mostly you, actually. Crafted by Dr Solo.
- Expedition Log Ψ13-2815-1612-1 - An expedition into the tree of life produces some unexpected results. A supplement for SCP-2815, written by Nederbird.
- SCP-2378 ("Tissue Dome") - It's like one of those old tv episodes where they have to shrink down and go into someone's body, except the body is a bloated mass of warped clone-flesh. Written by DrBleep.
- Where Your Eyes Don't Go - Holy Smokes, new Resurrection! There's trouble brewing in Site-77, but fortunately Interim Site Director Ralph Roget is on the case. What while his investigations turn up? Written by Roget.
- Happy Howlidays - What's more festive than werewolves? Nothing. Nothing is more festive than werewolves. Written by Ihp.
- No More Dull Days - Aleph Null continues! The heroes begin to plot a rebellion. Written by Eekium.
- The Ride Never Ends - The path to enlightenment is painful, and strange. Sometimes, it may not even be worth the result. Written by MrRonin.
- Number 27, Oneiroi Station - The search continues. The cycle continues. My work is not yet complete. One day you too will be inducted, if you can prove yourself worthy. Transmitted by Jack Ike.
- Ihp's Author Page - Ihp's author page! One of our longest-lasting and most prolific author's finally gets his member page: rumetzen! I mean, uh… Ihp!
Week of December 7th:
- SCP-118-J ("The Saltiest Doctor Alive") - At this time, it is believed that SCP-118-J is thirty minutes into a rant about "Hanzo mains". Written by DrMagnus.
- SCP-2574 ("What Rough Beast") - "Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world, the blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned." Written by AbsentmindedNihilist.
- SCP-2438 ("There Is No Hunger in the Lee of Stone") - The bunnies could be anywhere. Watching. Listening. Waiting for their chance to strike. And there's nothing we could do to stop them… Written by Petrograd.
- SCP-2869 ("Fuckworms") - Now everyone can experience the miracle of childbirth! Written by Le Blue Dude, rewritten by SpookyBee.
- SCP-2384 ("The Biggest Duck of All") - First the bunnies, now this duck? Easter this year is going to be fucked up. Written by Tanhony.
- The Kitchen Sink - The seventh mind-peeling tale in the history of Thaddeus Xyank. Three people meet in a New York City building. Or, more accurately, every New York City building. Written by FortuneFavorsBold.
- The Homecoming of Eta-13 - With nearly half their task force dead, MTF Eta-13 makes one last attempt through the Hydra's Spine to return home. Agents of the Serpents Hand seek to ensure this doesn't happen. The action packed conclusion to the Wayfarers series of tales. Written by Jacob Conwell
- GRANT REQUEST FOR THE MANUFACTURE OF DEVICES TO REGULATE THE HUME COEFFICIENT OF LOCALISED REALITY - Though ethical concerns have been raised over the scope of the project, they have been deemed trivial. The potential financial and scientific benefits of the devices are such that their creation should be top priority. Written by psul.
- Wayfarers Hub - The Foundations sends its explorers to map the roads of the multiverse. But it won't happen without resistance. Series created by Jacob Conwell.
Week of December 15th:
It ain't no game, just turn up all the beams when I come up on the scene…
- SCP-2391 ("Bimmy Plays") - Hell is the YouTube comments section. Remember to like and subscribe to Tanhony.
- SCP-2431 ("1000 Prion Cranes") - Supposedly, anyone who folds 1000 paper cranes will be granted a wish. Aido has no paper. He does, however, have prions. Folded by DrBleep.
- SCP-2809 ("Des Souvenirs") - Lay down your burden. Pick up your suitcase. Written by Humanmale.
- SCP-2695 ("Lucibelle Perhacs") - No obvious health issues have arisen from multiple needles located in subject's brain. Subject reports feeling stiff in the afternoon. Sewed together by Accelerando.
- SCP-1466 ("A Canary") - If you begin to feel atomic fission, please stop doing math and consult a doctor. Solved by Communism will win.
- SCP-2874 ("Don Burten Explosive Dev13e) - If you have seen this cy12nder, you now have 11 seconds before you exp10de. Written 8y Tanhony.
- SCP-2825 ("Jacob Perhacs") - With the current amount of saliva produced, the saliva "lake" possesses a peak depth of 189m and reaches 790m in altitude; 5440m2 of forest and grasslands are encompassed by bodily fluids within the valley. Written by Accelerando.
- SCP-2536 ("The Gift That Keeps On Giving") - Here at [DATA EXPUNGED], we love nothing more than to watch the good work you fellows do. Your empathy and moral integrity are an inspiration to us all! Gifted by Tanhony.
- SCP-729-J ("Peep Peep, Motherfucker") - Good at scaring away monsters… and everything else, too. Written by AbsentmindedNihilist.
- SCP-2745 ("Linda Perhacs") - Temporal anomalies should NOT be present. I've already used them to begin Alizarin's process. DO NOT ENTER THE CORNER IF ANY ARE DETECTED. Paradoxes are highly volatile. Written by Accelerando.
- SCP-2452 ("A Collection of Photographs") - There is supposed to be a headless bandaged mummy in this photo. So where is the headless bandaged mummy?! Shot by Tanhony.
- SCP-1347-1353-J ("What a Pestis") - Worst roommate ever. Contracted by DrBleep.
- SCP-2793 ("Peace Planet") - There's something strange going on in the rings of Saturn… and something doesn't want us looking into it. Written by Praetor Avacyn.
- An Unconventional Tale - The old gods must be desperate if they're resorting to furry conventions for followers. Costume made by Ihp.
- You're Always on My Mind - There are a lot of anomalies out there. Some of them affect families. Written by Shaggydredlocks.
- How Dr. Clef Contained Christmas! - Every Skip locked on-site Liked Christmas a lot… / But Dr. Clef, who worked at Site-19, Did NOT! A parody by LurkD.
- The Assassination of Beleaguered Normalcy by the Coward Gamers Against Weed - Gamers Against Weed goes off the grid. Written by Communism will win.
Week of December 22nd - 30th
Hope you're down for a great train robbery…
- SCP-2647 ("Premium") - Can you really put a price on your family's life? Written by Kobon.
- SCP-2709 (" Can Anyone Hear You Scream?") - Are they trying to keep you out… or something else in? Written by AbsentmindedNihilist.
- SCP-2730 ("DogsTM") - Collect 'em all! Traded by Faminepulse.
- SCP-1950-J ("Locked away in the tallest Containment Cell") - Upon being informed of the latest foiled attempt by SCP-1950-J-3 to breach containment, Administrator Jensen was observed rubbing their hands, cackling, and saying “Good, Soon I WILL BE THE PRETTIEST OF ALL! MUAHAHAHAH!” Sealed away by JameGumb.
- SCP-1909 ("Conqueror's Tomb") - Meet Alexander, the twelve year old tactical coordinator of Mobile Task Force Omega-7. Bred by Anaxagoras.
- SCP-2821 ("A Lunar True Vacuum") - There was void, and it was maddening / [Horror, abomination] made [Dolphin whistles] stay / THEY BUILT A LOCK AND THREW AWAY THE KEY. Written by 9Volt.
- SCP-2744 ("Zeitgeist") - Seeing is believing. Recorded by MkfShard.
- SCP-2258 ("The Great Escape") - You can't keep a good balloon down. Written by rockyred9.
- Christmas Propaganda - Not a single man stirred, Not during that night. / The chambers were locked and sealed with great care, / In hopes that their contents would stay just right there. Written by Jack Ike.
- A Cackmas Carol - Spanko celebrates Christmas! Written by daveyoufool.
- I Forgot to Remember to Forget - Actions have consequences. Written by Roget.
- Home for the Holidays - It's the holidays, your coworkers are happy, there haven't been any -XK scenarios lately, and the Foundation is more normal than ever, but you've got something weighing on you. Why is that, when you've got what's arguably the easiest paperwork job in the Foundation… right? Written by Cyantreuse.
- Shocking Ignorance Regarding Anything Resembling a Structured Set of Rules to be Applied Fairly - Gamers Against Weed Go On The Run. Written by Communism will win.
- Under Control - It's a standard data recovery job - retrieve confidential customer information encrypted by the souls of the damned. A tale in the Third Law canon, coded by TyGently.
- Cleon - If we can't beat the Russians with parascience, we'll beat them with anart. A tale in The Coldest War canon, painted by Gaffney.
- Care for You - "She claimed she was from another time. That in whatever world she came from, which she swore was ours, there was an extra-dimensional threat to humankind called cars. Written by fastandbulbous.
- Grown in a Day, on a Mound of Barren Earth, Winter - An old god rests and ponders his creation. Planted by Dmatix.
- I Stand Atop a Spiral Stair - An android confronts the specter of her extraterrestrial lover. Written by Aiden Eldritch.
- Festival of Arthropods - A girl and her Speaker explore a bazaar in the Wanderer's Library. Written by SpectralDragon.
- Empedocles - The Ancient Greeks laid the foundations for Western thought: Atomism, dualism, Fifthism. A tale in the On Mount Golgotha canon, advanced by WrongJohnSilver.
- Aboard the Train to Berlin - Hitler's Obskurakorps is transporting a artifact to Berlin. The Allied Occult Initiative and the SCP Foundation must stop them. Explosions, mage battles, and gunfights ensue. Led by Jacob Conwell.
- Etymology of die Glocke - Even time cannot defeat love. Written by MrWrong.
- Endings - In the penultimate part of At the Library, Helen and Aidan join forces with ex-radio presenter Geoff Mansani to deliver their retribution unto Harold Maine. Written by Wils.
- Gamers Against Weed Hub - Everyone's favorite internet trolls get a hub page. Written by Communism will win.
What's been going on in the community aside from our site? Well…
- Decibelles diligently scoured the web for all manner of fan art, but if you know of something he missed, let her, rumetzen, or A Random Day know!
- This stylized poster of SCP-353 looks really cool! Like the kind of warning posters you might see near her containment cell in the Foundation. Give deksto some love, eh?
- Иagi produces a ton of cool art; so many that I had trouble picking. In the end, I went with this abstract piece of SCP-2808. Many ways you can try and illustrate it, and I think this approach works just as well (and is probably easier, let's face it) than illustrating the anomaly's effects directly. But please check out their body of work!
- This full color work of SCP-2845 shows it in all of its grand, menacing glory. THE DEER is truly awe-inspiring as depicted here. This was done by 雨見鶏, an artist with such a lovely style, who's work I highly recommend.
Top-Rated Articles of 2016
2016, a relatively quiet year for the site. Still, despite that, the content that has shown up has been incredibly great, and will prove to stay with the community for years. So what are the top-rated ones of the year? Here are the Top 10 for SCPs and tales!
- SCP-2935 ("O, Death") - +295 (by djkaktus)
- SCP-2439 ("[SLOT UNALLOCATED]") - +254 (by Jack Ike)
- TwistedGears-Kaktus Proposal ("The Broken God") - +224 (by TwistedGears and djkaktus)
- SCP-2508 ("The Long Wait") - +206 (by Eekium)
- SCP-2669 ("Khevtuul 1") - +185 (by Kalinin)
- SCP-008-J ("Geoff") - +172 (by DomeAcolyte)
- SCP-2316 ("Field Trip") - +167 (by djkaktus)
- SCP-2798 ("This Dying World") - +165 (by Kalinin)
- SCP-2308 ("Futures Trading") - +154 (by GreenWolf)
- SCP-010-J ("WHAT KETER I DON'T SEE ANY KETER") - +135 (by daveyoufool)
- Your Last First Day - +127 (by qntm)
- History - +113 (by Humanmale)
- Harbinger - +104 (by Kalinin)
- Kalinin's Proposal - +92 (Tied) (by Kalinin)
- CODE NAME: ████ ███ - The Truth - +92 (Tied) (by Jack Ike)
- Date Night - +82 (by Hercules Rockefeller)
- After Action Report 2272' - +72 (by Kalinin)
- Magic Orientation - +71 (by thedeadlymoose)
- The Bard of Ambrose - +69 (by GreenWolf)
- Standard Dream Report 66-Y 990.2 - +64 (Tied) (by Kalinin
- His Name - +64 (Tied) (by CirclesAndSquares)
- Different Kinds of Nihilism - +63 (by kinchtheknifeblade)
Thanks for tuning in again, folks! If you're unsatisfied with the blurb(s) provided for the article(s) you wrote, feel free to change it. Of course, you could just avoid that problem entirely by sending A Random Day or rumetzen a blurb for your article. We may or may not use it (if we can think of something more attention-getting, though we can try to stick with one you give us) but we'd really would just like them in order to make the process easier for making these. This is a community thing, and we want authors to give their blurbs to sell these articles much easier. It reduces the workload we have to do, and helps the news come out that much earlier!
We look forward to 2017 with you all!