News for November 2019

The dynamic nature of this wiki means that linked pages might get moved, renamed, deleted, or replaced. Old news pages remain as time capsules and are not updated to account for these changes.

This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month1, and fan-content for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!

Fandom Stuff

  • Check out this year's 8th Annual Holiday Art Exchange! A merry time for all involved! If you weren't able to get in on this year's, mark your calendar for 2020!

Featured Articles

  • SCP-3636 - ("World's Greatest Jukebox") - The jukebox was found undamaged with the screen showing a video of the fire from the bar's exterior while playing the song "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel. By GerrymanderBassist
  • letters to my future self - On 2014/04/30, a series of notes written on paper scraps were recovered from PoI-████'s temporary holding cell. By AthosNetwork
  • SPC-2922 - ITEETH-FILLED VOID is a desert within Corbenic that is perpetually night. By Stormbreath.

Reviewer's Spotlight Articles

  • SCP-4361 - ("Red is Her Favorite Color") - Hurts to talk. Please. Hard to tal— (video ends) Written by Kybard, selected by Kybard.
  • SCP-4204 - ("To Pluck the Moon From the Sky") - SCP-4204 was discovered when a person attempting to break into Fort Knox failed to exit the vault before sunrise. Written by Dyslexion, selected by PrLosash.
  • Dr. Michaels - ("Dr. Michaels is not in danger.") - DOMC NOTICE: This file requires non-anomalous comprehensive inoculation. Written by Lt Flops and Henzoid, selected by Vincent Van Gone.
  • SCP-4608 - ("Appleseed") - Engraved on approximately 75% of trees within SCP-4608 were thaumaturgic sigils and symbols relating to Norse mythology. Written by DrAkimoto, selected by Dyslexion.

You will notice little '📈' emojis beside some articles. That denotes SCP articles which were under 30 and tales which were under 20 when this edition of site news was posted. Give them a little love! Speaking from personal experience, the most frustrating thing that can happen to an article is not deletion, but stagnating below 20 without any comments. So try to read, vote, and comment on these articles! They're often hidden gems :)

Week of November 1st

SCPs

  • SCP-4742 ("A Job Well Done") - It makes bread. How dangerous could it be? Written by tupacofficial.
  • SCP-4509 ("The Windigo Cold Cases") - "SCP-4509 refers to an anomalous entity reported to have either been or resembled a creature from Algonquian folklore known as the "Windigo."" Written by DrAnnoyingDog.
  • SCP-4581 ("Anti-Racist Audiocassette") - This cassette kills fascists. Written by Tsercele.
  • SCP-4788 ("Cash Cow") - "SCP-4788 is the taxidermied corpse of 34 year-old Dean Larson." Written by MaliceAforethought.
  • SCP-4709 ("At The Risk Of Sounding Repetitive") - "SCP-4709 is a temporal and spatial instability within 'The Grand Tahoe Resort & Hotel', near Tahoma, California." Written by ManyMeats.
  • SCP-4379 ("New Sun Will Rise, and Shadows Quickly Fade") - The Mountain of the Moon. Written by Jack Ike.

Tales

  • 📈 In this Twilight - "Are you there? Is your body there?" New installment of the Anabasis series, written by AndarielHalo.
  • 📈 The Halloween Watch - "Verstecktedorf literally means "hidden village" in German, dumbass. At least try to be a little more creative." Written by Oboebandgeek99.
  • 📈 The Charter - "Classical success wishes such as becoming rich or president of a nation are not affected as long as they respect the current sociopolitical order and the AIMB is subsequently informed of the anomalous nature of the customer's success." Written by DrGemini, translated by Dr Lekter.
  • 📈 A Star In The Night Sky - "Trouble has finally washed upon our hidden shores." Written by Varaxous.
  • 📈 Floral Arrangement Fundamentals: Chapter 26 - Calcified Hearts and Dental Oddities - "Egret reached into her cheek with two fingers, pried out a piece of cotton soaked with spit and blood, and flicked it to the floor. One damp piece landed next to the fallen doorman's head. One landed on it." New installment of the Maim the Sky, Slay the Sun series, written by Pedantique.

Misc

  • The Trashfire - "Nazis, Old Gods, bugs, and money: the road to Gehenna is paved with good intentions." A hub for the newest canon of the site, written by UraniumEmpire.

Week of November 8th

SCPs

  • SCP-4423 ("StepDemon") - Just a gay demon, same old same old. Written by Dyslexion.
  • SCP-4677 ("Coke, Cow, and Capitalism") - The finest in bovine capitalism brought to you by DrAkimoto.
  • Periapsis - GOD…UNREMARKABLE. Written by NatVoltaic.
  • SCP-4374 ("This Is You") - No, this is Kybard.
  • SCP-4691 ("Locked In") - You are all alone. It is late at night. And the windows will not open, the doors refuse to budge. Yet somehow, something manages to get in. Written by LittleFieryOne.
  • SCP-4362 ("Achilles Defense Systems") - Available now for $2.99! Written by The Great Hippo.
  • SCP-4396 ("The Joy of Completion") - No one wants to be left broken. Written by Miraculous X.
  • SCP-4852 ("Site-19 Goes South For The Winter!") - Why did Site-19 cross the road? Written by Rounderhouse.

Tales

  • D.A.R.E (Drugs Are Really Extreme!) - "Susan Smith, the resident psychologist (and psychopath), chipped in, "AKA the fucking Illuminati. Can I please kick their asses? I've been waiting for a whole year, and now these fuckers mess up Halloween!" The newest installment for the Black Autumn 3 series, written by IronDruid.
  • A Gullet, Made of the Flesh of a Swan - "Christian Michaels-Wu, Count of the Blue Pavilion, third son of the Duke of Gongji. He had, of course, been the Duke before; all of the Michaels-Wu and some of their associate cousins had held the post." The newest installment for the End of Death canon, written by Tufto.
  • And to this day, she still can't breathe. - "The problem with treating addiction like a moral failing is that you can't see how a "good man" could end up strung out on pills." Written by Doctor Cimmerian.
  • "Smile! You Are Being Watched!" - "The nearest ReTerminal was thirty minutes away by bicycle. Wren fought the temptation to rush — Sudbury wasn't as dangerous as Toronto, but biking in urban traffic always felt like flirting with death, particularly with a large bag on their back." The newest installment for The Eternal MxTape series, written by Tsercele.
  • 📈 On Proper Miscommunication - "No, this isn't a prank. The Department of Miscommunication does, in fact, exist. Those joking letterheads still floating around are fake. They don't bother us much for the exact reasons I suspect you of suspecting." Written by Roget.
  • AFTERLIFE OPHIDIAN / The Foundation Over Heaven - "It was what they called a necessary evil, before the Ethics Committee was immolated." Written by Nagiros.
  • There is comfort in not seeing. There is bliss in not knowing. - "Child you do not have to fear me, I am here to help you, please… let me see" Written by Doctor Cimmerian.
  • Cherry Tree Branches Over the Sun Roof - "The Foundation changed people, though. People grew, and they grew into the world and rank and position that molded them, for better or worse. Often for worse. Sometimes for neither." Written by Raddagher.
  • Chapter One - The End - "Dr. Erren sat at her desk, facing Aaron Ymir, captain of Mobile Task Force Lambda-5, or the "White Rabbits". He'd just given his report on a dimensional anomaly - a report which was almost totally empty." The debut of a new series, by Calibold.
  • 📈 Night of a Thousand Spirits - "The poor thing was still squirming, quiet, pained whimpers clawing their way out of its dying mouth. Blood spurted around the arrow sticking in its neck with every weakening beat of its heart." Written by tupacofficial.
  • Numbed Owls Feasting - "Our fair-weather friends in the west were less open than I hoped, but they said enough. Everything about this 'insurgency' checks with what we've learned so far." Written by Pedantique.

GoI Formats

  • 📈 Clown Town - [Serpent's Hand] "The size and geography of Clown Town are not known, and are believed to be highly variable." Written by DrChandra.

Week of November 15th

SCPs

  • SCP-4793 ("Stele") - Can't stop growing, can't stop fighting. Written by Dyslexion.
  • SCP-4879 ("Art in the Time of Elitism") - The SCP wiki is being gentrified! Written by Cerastes.
  • SCP-4478 ("STAIRSCASE") - No thanks, I'll take the ELEVATOR Written by MaliceAforethought.
  • SCP-4394 ("Liquid Piano") - One of the three states of Piano. Written by Weryllium.
  • SCP-4651 ("The Rat Race") - We're all stuck in it. Written by JRollerball.
  • SCP-4612 ("Not All Gods Decompose") - What is a god? What is a parent? What price, advancement? Written by Grigori Karpin.
  • SCP-248-J ("Picture It") - Just try it. Please. Written by H0dari.
  • 📈 SCP-4458 ("jaws is gonna get ya") - Someone call the SPC! Written by Omega Fallon.

Tales

  • 📈 Incident 028-A - The dead don't sleep quietly Written by CrankyMonkey2.
  • Foodies, Frogs, & Flying - "Did you know the average person spends 32,098 hours eating? That's about 5 percent of your life!" Written by Ellie3.
  • 📈 Three Portlands Pastries - "As my nauseousness finally faded away, a building off in the distance caught my eye. The exact place I was there for: Paraweiser Pastries." Written by Ellie3.
  • 📈 Such A World As This - "You will be here in the doorway to be trod upon and kicked and snarled at until your flesh knits enough to allow you to raise yourself, crawl somewhere safer to curl up" Written by OriCat.
  • Passing Notes In Class - "My name is Abigail Mary Bowe," she said. "I represent the Sons of Bowe. And I have a proposal for you." New installment for the Resurrection canon, written by DrClef.
  • Yesterday - "Alto Clef watched the fires from the relative safety of Site-67. Black and green fire. Some kind of an odd chemical reaction from thirteen breached SCPs." New installment for the Resurrection canon, written by thedeadlymoose.
  • Start the Music - "Have you ever tried to apply basic childhood lessons to the problems of an adult? Seems simple, typically doesn't work out." New installment for the Eternal MxTape series, written by Tsercele.
  • Burned A Hole In My Mind - "I am thirty-two (32) and I have 1 (one) hole in my head." Written by ch00bakka.

GoI Formats

Week of November 22nd

SCPs

  • SCP-4996 ("The Demon, The Deal, and The Trashcan Elvis") - Thank you, thank you very much. Written by Dyslexion.
  • SCP-2743 ("Suttungr Nevermore") - "Behold Man, the treachery of Aesir" Written by DrAkimoto.
  • SCP-4601 ("Revenge Of The Redd Mennace!") - Those damn Redds. Written by Nickthebrick1 and Boogey_Man23
  • 📈 SCP-4021 ("Mandarin Oranges") - "SCP-4021-2 are sapient mandarin fruits with limbs that appear to be made of material analogous to non-anomalous plant stalk matter, with a series of interior organs that function similarly to ones found in humans." Written by Communism Chicken.
  • SCP-3906 ("Blasphemous Balut Parade") - All hail the duck fetus! Written by PeppersGhost.
  • SCP-4345 ("Not your Home, not your Pain, not your Self.") - The reality of your body, breaking down. Written by Crashington.
  • SCP-4883 ("Memoirs of the Same Body") - "Every two to three weeks, a large tumor will develop somewhere on or within SCP-4883's body. When this growth bursts or is excised surgically, it is found to contain pus, saline fluid, and a small book enclosed within a plastic zipper storage bag." Written by Weryllium.
  • SCP-4453 ("Wholesome Family Goddess") - "SCP-4453 claims to be the Greek goddess Hera." Written by wmaitla.
  • SCP-4784 ("Nature Abhors a Vacuum Tube") - same as it ever was. Written by Tsercele.
  • SCP-4203 ("Sometimes a Damselfly Just Wants Some Dick") - GET IT GIRL Written by redredred.
  • SCP-4026 ("guardian "angel"") - A real lovely fella. Written by Uncle Nicolini.
  • SCP-4901 ("Remember Rudy Benson.") - Parawatch takes on the Chicago Spirit. Written by stormbreath.
  • SCP-4716 ("The Plutovore's Cookbook") - Yummy Sarkic recipies! Written by Ihp.
  • SCP-4469 ("Memory Shovel") - Digging up the past is a bad idea. Written by MacWarren.

Tales



Fanart

Here you will find a selection of artists who consistently released new work throughout the month and whose art output is worth following. The thumbnails are clickable.

SCP Fanart Deviant Art Gallery by cococamo919

coco1s.pngcoco2s.pngcoco3s.png

Charcoalman's SCP Folder by Charcoalman

coal1s.jpgcoal2s.gifcoal3s.gif

Old Scars by Mimumik

mim1s.jpgmim2s.jpgmim3s.jpg

Shaddykuu's Amino Page by Shaddykuu

shaddy1s.jpgshaddy2s.jpgshaddy3s.jpg

Pastel_Trash's Amino Page by Pastel_Trash

pastel1s.jpgpastel2s.jpgpastel3s.jpg

MireGari's Twitter by MireGari

miregari1s.jpgmiregari2s.jpgmiregari3s.jpg




Q&A:

Q: Can I replace a blurb that you wrote for one of my articles with my own? I'm not satisfied with it.

A: Absolutely. You will always have that option at any point.

Q: I noticed an error/typo/incorrect information and wish to correct it. May I?

A: Sure! If the changes are not limited to your own article(s) and/or are substantial changes across multiple entries, you should post in that month's discussion page and then make the changes.

Q: I wrote an article and it seems to have stuck. Can I send a blurb of mine to one of the frequent collaborators?

A: Yup! It's much easier if you come to us about it, and it gives you the control over what you want shown on the news page.










Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License