Welcome to this installment of site news, where we give thanks for having a constantly growing audience and writerbase!
This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month, and fan-content for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!
- The featured articles for this month are SCP-1250 ("Alternate Reality Recorders") by UncleJoe and Rough Beast by zaratustra. One's about tape recorders with some weird discrepancies, and the other's about how the Broken God becomes whole with the help of some unlikely sources. Check them out!
- The featured articles for October were SCP-1881 ("Arcade Machine") by zaratustra and Tales of the Foundation Force Five by CryogenChaos. One's about a game that you can't stop playing, and the other is about the heroic adventures of the Senior Staff Superheroes. Check them out!
- November 6 was the end of Daylight Savings Time! A time to contemplate the illusion of time, and for those of us who don’t turn the clock at all, to celebrate Saint Simon's Day with Mulciber this year…
- November 15 was National Clear Out Your Refrigerator Day! Hopefully there weren’t any fridges that fought back when they were being cleaned. For those interested in how a fridge can go wrong, azzleflux tells us about An Exercise in Futility.
- November 21 was World Hello Day! Anyone could participate by verbally greeting ten people that day! Think on the importance of communication for peace, and read about The Harbinger as DrEverettMann tells us the story of a lonely biomechanical entity with a mission and a message.
Rest of the News
Missing out on articles? Enjoy a recap on the articles from the past month1. Roget guest-starred to create the SCP blurbs for the first half of November. A Random Day created everything else. As the holidays kick into high gear, enjoy!
Week of November 1st:
SCP-2798 has collapsed. They have found us. They want us back.
- SCP-2858 ("As Though the Wasps Themselves Had Put It There") - Soap from Corpses Products diversifies. Sold by Aiden Eldritch.
- SCP-2567 ("Corpse Warden") - The graveyard shift is a lonely one. Guarded by SpookyBee.
- SCP-026-J ("A Cold Post") - Boy, don't you feel stupid now. Written by DrMagnus.
- SCP-2916 ("A Lamb, a Shepherd, and a Wolf") - Hey guys, check out my brand new original character! Penned by AbsentmindedNihilist.
- SCP-2942 ("My Other Car is a Fighter Jet") - My car can be whatever I want it to be. Driven by Zacharia H.
- SCP-2578 ("Remove Tyrant from Premises") - But what do we do about the tyranny of the majority? Rallied by daveyoufool.
- SCP-2517 ("This One Time I Saw God On Shrooms") - Let's take a trip or two today. And tomorrow. Smoked by ch00bakka.
- SCP-2441 ("Almost Eight") - What time is it? What is time? Pondered by l33tr.
- Kalinin's Proposal - "It's all happening. They're not out there anymore. They're already here…" A multi-part 001 proposal by Kalinin.
- SCP-067-EX ("Rurik Inn") - Come on down to the old Rurik Inn, for good food and company… Eekium is the proprietor.
- SCP-810-J ("A Dog In Need Of Funds") - This dog will tell you a tale. Spun by AbsentmindedNihilist.
- SCP-2348 ("Diamond Engine") - We don't know what it does… and it keeps moving. Written by Crazylaika.
- SCP-2395 ("$҉ 585.98") - A lone shack in Antartica patiently waits to make a once-in-a-lifetime sale, all for the price of a thirty-year old, well used Subaru. Priced by Accelerando.
- SCP-2961 ("Los Ocultos") - Pablo Escobar never had anything like this. Kidnapped by Wils.
- SCP-2387 ("Raze and Build and Raze and Build") - Have you ever just hated your neighbor? Written by Gaffney.
- A Greater Darkness - They had come early, early in the afternoon - but of course they had. The early afternoon is benevolent. No one wants to hurt you at two in the afternoon. No one wants to kill you, or tear you to pieces, when the sun is high in the sky. Written by fastandbulbous.
- Disinformation Bureau Orientation - Learn to be the Man in Black to the Men in Black. Covered by Lazar Lyusternik.
- Gelobt sei - The Third Reich crosses the sea to conquer the anomalous. Written by A Vacuum.
- Secure Facility Dossier: Site-81 - Indiana's chock-full of anomalous activity. Learn about Site-81 and the SCPs it contains. By djkaktus.
- Secure Facility Dossier : Site-77 - Learn about the site that was a former Axis wonder weapon research facility! By Roget.
- Secure Facility Dossier: Containment Site-88 - Head down south for sun, sea, and containment sites. By Doctor Cimmerian.
- Secure Facility Dossier : Site-64 - Beep boop! Site-64 investigates the misdeeds of the mysterious Mister Anderson amidst the goings-on of Three Portlands. By Jacob Conwell.
- Secure Facility Dossier: Research Site-45 - A secret offshore research facility on an oil rig. Might as well just call this the Enclave. By LurkD.
Week of November 7th:
THIS ISN'T RIGHT! THE PIG GOES OINK! THE PIG GOES OINK!!
- SCP-2519 ("Cry me a river") - Music to my ears. But I might be going deaf. Written by psul.
- SCP-2374 ("Transporting Washing Machines") - Hey, I found a sock! And… a shirt… and… a girdle? Folded by Zacharia H.
- SCP-2628 ("Efficient Tenders of the Artifice") - Sometimes it's the subtle things that really trip you up. Written by Communism will win.
- SCP-2822 ("Rock Husbandry") - These guys will show you how to rock. Written by Coryn02 and Zyn.
- SCP-2352 ("A Sorta-Dead Vlogger and Their Clingy Extradimensional Fan") - We're sorry, this video is not available in your dimension. Uploaded by Nyka.
- SCP-2418 ("Hadrian's Well") - A well fit for a Pharaoh. Dowsed by ch00bakka.
- SCP-2495 ("Noir Dire") - Allison Eckhart, in the flesh. Written by Allison Eckhart Aiden Eldritch.
- SCP-2842 ("It's a Meme, You Dip") - The retweets wold never be enough. But for this man, it was all he had… Retweeted by Communism will win.
- SCP-2518 ("Mountain Folk") - I don't think this gorge was here yesterday… Written by Kobon.
- SCP-2443 ("A Heap of Deloaches") - Do you ever feel like you know your family too well? Bred by Gaffney.
- SCP-2779 ("Oinkers") - Oink! Written by Rimple.
- SCP-2293 ("An Inside Joke") - Did you know that world-renowned writer Stephen King was once hit by a car? Just something to consider by kinchtheknifeblade.
- SCP-2473 ("Better Hide, Better Run") - Brace for impact. Strap in with Agent MacLeod.
- SCP-2554 ("Duckweed") - "Is that duckweed growing out of your cat, dude?" Grown by SpectralDragon.
- SCP-2547 ("Dog Days of Summer") - Anybody up for a family reunion? Written by AbsentmindedNihilist.
- "Baby's First Guide to Euclid-Class Anomalies" & Other Questionable Documents Recovered from the Hard Drive of Dr. ████ ███████: My Memetic Waifu - So, you want to make some Euclid class babies, eh? We can help you out. Cyantreuse will help with the family planning.
- Dr. Weppler's Personnel File - What a prankster! Haha! Hah! Ha…. Written by Penton.
- The Karcist and the Mekhanite - One Sark, two Sark, dead Sark, red Sark. Written by daveyoufool.
- Radiance and Cachinnation - A.B.C.: Always Be Closing. Especially with beings and things from beyond time and space. Presided over by Accelerando.
- 'Hadrian's Well' (M4UDB/HF74T/JU2FA) - Marshall, Carter, and Dark would like to sell you a bridge well. Companion piece to SCP-2418, written by ch00bakka.
- Mr. Normie - The Black Queens dig a little deeper into the history of their weed man. Written by Communism will win.
Week of November 15th:
Glug glug glug.
- SCP-2936 ("Giant Nazi Robot") - Deep in a frozen wasteland, a machine tends to a master race that will never be born. Grown by Voct.
- SCP-2436 ("One of the Huldufólk") - Come hell or high water, this cave troll will keep the Olvirssons' home as it has for generations. Written by scarhaver.
- SCP-1394 ("Dream Syringe") - Mind over matter. Written originally by MookVanguard, rewritten by Communism will win.
- SCP-2417 ("Deity Worshiping Origami") - The paper octopus demands a blood sacrifice to save the world. Folded by 9Volt.
- SCP-2572 ("Broken Dreams on Dekalb Avenue") - Personal space or even common decency in general are unknown to the things that inhabit the New York Metro. Written by MrRonin.
- SCP-2479 (" I'm a Mean Lean Meme Dream Machine!") - You are a bunch of lab rats for the new justice system dreameez is cooking up for our planet. Now get lost. Dreamed up by Fingo7.
- SCP-2889 ("That Sweet, Clean Freshwater Smell") - There's something rotten in the town of Freshwater, Vermont… but it certainly isn't the water. Bottled by AbsentmindedNihilist.
- SCP-2354 ("Reasonable Accommodations") - Apparently, Euclid really did not like disabled people. Signed into law by Niblic.
- Excerpts Regarding St. Sophia - "Surely you are no sorcerer-king of flesh, but a harbinger of the conqueror of Hunger! Where my god had failed, surely your God will banish Hunger, who dwells in flesh, from this world!" Sermonized by Univine.
- Different Kinds of Nihilism - The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis. Written by kinchtheknifeblade.
- The Last Site - It's the end of the world as we know it… so what happens to the people left behind? Written by jeffusano.
- In retrospect - Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it… so learn what happened the day the Foundation tried to cross the Library. Recorded by A Vacuum.
Week of November 22nd-30th
Let's talk about superweapons trafficking.
- SCP-2465 ("Sadness is Temporary") - But it looks like I'm simultaneously creatively bankrupt while being more driven to write than ever. It's like, all I want to do is shit, but at this point I'm out of shit to shit, but I'm sitting on the shitter and it feels like I'm gonna be shitting out my intestines real soon. Created by Immersturm.
- SCP-2826 ("The Boys from Patrol") - We can't have the coppers getting in the way of our radical protests. Benny! Give 'em the Three Stooges treatment! Written by Communism will win.
- SCP-2815 ("Tree of Life") - Thus let us take into ourselves our beloved companion / Let us eat their flesh / Let us drink their blood / That they may stay with us till the end of our time. Written by Nederbird.
- SCP-2433 ("This definitely does not help Bernie Sanders") - In fact, it may just kill him. Written by Joreth.
- SCP-2946 ("Overly Large E. Coli") - Giant adaptive germs. Cultivated by DrBleep.
- SCP-2487 ("Postman Chasers") - Rain or shine, snow or sleet, we deliver your mail! (But giant killer direwolves are optional…) Delivered by Ihp.
- SCP-2829 ("Liposlugtion") - Slugs that suck the fat from your bones. What more can be said? Written by Weryllium.
- SCP-732-J ("Tiny Ceramic Seahorse") - VERY valuable seahorse donning hats at incredible good bargain! Hat made by Zyn.
- Time Keeps On Slippin' - He steals from the people, even as time steals from him. Written by Lintharo.
- Too Cold to Live, Too Young to Die - A researcher and an anomaly grapple with their feelings for each other. But is their love real? Is she? Written by Cyantreuse.
- An Evergreen Affair - An era may have ended, but their love could not. Written by Bennings.
- Charon (Part 2: Katabasis) - The Lock has sealed away an ancient evil. Cain may hold the key. Part 2 of a series, written by Jack Ike.
- The Dedekind-Infinite Demographic - All she wants to do is sell anomalous WMDs, but people keep trying to break them. The Black Queen figures out how to put a stop to that. Sold by Aiden Eldritch.
- What Happened Beneath Cronos - The natives are out for their blood. A trickster being wants their ticket home. Someone is going to have to give it up. Just another day for Eta-13. Part four of Wayfarers, written by Jacob Conwell.
- First Ivàdy Donation - The Manna Charitable Foundation is always looking for sponsors and people willing to support their work - especially a Tree of Life. Companion piece to SCP-2815, both written by Nederbird.
What's been going on in the community aside from our site? Well…
- A Random Day diligently scoured the web for all manner of fan art, but if you know of something he missed, let him or rumetzen know!
- Secure, Contain, Pls No is a drawing request blog that creates disturbing, terrifying, and hilarious SCP fan art. Shy away in terror from such classic hits as SCP-096-JAR and be sure to make a request!
- Bask in awe at THE DEER, by 雨見鶏.
- This month's obligatory fanart of SCP-2521 brought to you by タル.
- This piece by まさぼう offers a calmer, more contemplative look at SCP-953.
- SunnyClockwork swings by with an short animation of the Foundation playing with a hot potato.
Thanks for tuning in again, folks! If you're unsatisfied with the blurb(s) provided for the article(s) you wrote, feel free to change it. Of course, you could just avoid that problem entirely by sending A Random Day or rumetzen a blurb for your article. We may or may not use it (if we can think of something more attention-getting, though we can try to stick with one you give us) but we'd really would just like them in order to make the process easier for making these. This is a community thing, and we want authors to give their blurbs to sell these articles much easier. It reduces the workload we have to do, and helps the news come out that much earlier!
Thank you all for continuing to be an excellent community <3