News for October 2019

The dynamic nature of this wiki means that linked pages might get moved, renamed, deleted, or replaced. Old news pages remain as time capsules and are not updated to account for these changes.

This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month1, and fan-content for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!

Fandom Stuff

  • The SCP Wiki Needs Your Help to #StandWithSCPRU! The wiki is, essentially, under attack - Andrey Duskin, who you may remember from some months ago for trying to copyright the SCP logo, is back. This time, he's trying to extort SCP-RU into making him an admin and turning the wiki into a glorified advertisement. With your help, we've raised over $50,000 for legal funds, which you can still contribute to here: https://scp.bz/fundraiser While the fight isn't over yet, everyone's support has been amazing. For more information, go here: https://scp.bz/standwithru
  • We here in the Site News hope you've had an awesome Halloween season here on this most spooky of websites!

Featured Articles

  • SCP-3636 - ("World's Greatest Jukebox") - The jukebox was found undamaged with the screen showing a video of the fire from the bar's exterior while playing the song "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel. Written by GerrymanderBassist
  • letters to my future self - "On 2014/04/30, a series of notes written on paper scraps were recovered from PoI-████'s temporary holding cell." Written by AthosNetwork.
  • SPC-2922 - TEETH-FILLED VOID is a desert within Corbenic that is perpetually night. Written by Stormbreath.

Reviewer's Spotlight Articles

  • SCP-4436 - ("Jesus Saves") - SCP-4436 is an large active distributed database, presently stored in an array of supercomputers located at Site-48. Written by spikebrennan, selected by MacWarren.
  • SCP-4389-J - ("Can the Foundation do THIS?") - The anomalous effect of SCP-4389-J varies in potency depending on how long a member of personnel has been employed at the Foundation. Written by gee0765, selected by gee0765.
  • SCP-4795 - ("Feathered F(r)iends") - A large flock of an estimated 30,000 pigeons had amassed above the park and attacked. Written by Lt Flops and Mew-ltiverse, selected by DrAkimoto.
  • SCP-4866 - ("𝘔𝘶𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘳™, a product of Optimark Synthetic Personnel Solutions") - SCP-4866 is a series of murderous synthetic humanoid constructs explicitly advertised as a commercial product, to be sold and purchased by the consumer public. Written by CadaverCommander, selected by Tanhony.

You will notice little '📈' emojis beside some articles. That denotes SCP articles which were under 30 and tales which were under 20 when this edition of site news was posted. Give them a little love! Speaking from personal experience, the most frustrating thing that can happen to an article is not deletion, but stagnating below 20 without any comments. So try to read, vote, and comment on these articles! They're often hidden gems :)

Week of October 1st:

SCPs

  • SCP-4703 ("Perfectly Legal") - Of course, we can. You can tell the mayor, the Army and the President. Our business is not illegal at all. Talk to Mister PeppersGhost, he's the man in charge.
  • SCP-4578 ("A Good Guy with a Gun") - I am a good man (Yes, I am) / And I have a good gun / Got me big old skip and I / I like to have fun. Fired by daveyoufool.
  • SCP-4382 ("Entropic of Hulwick") - MADE. NOISES. Written by T Rutherford.
  • SCP-4518 ("MBMBMBMBMBMBMBaM") - Yeah, nope, that wasn't a good name. Good show, but bad name. Written by cybersqyd.
  • SCP-4756 ("A Reborn Man.") - And today, the Flesh made him free. Written by Edna Granbo.
  • SCP-4508 ("Otterly Prophetic") - He told him, but he didn't want to believe this. Prophesized by DrAkimoto.
  • SCP-4796 ("Sanctuary of the Sky Pineapples") - You had the pineapples ? Fine. Now, eat it and guess what there is inside. Eaten by Weryllium.
  • SCP-4376 ("Have you tried just smiling more ?") - Yes, I try. I try every day, every damn hour of my life. And I don't feel better. Thanks for nothing. Getting out of a neck by Crashington.
  • SCP-4634 ("Out-of-Order") - I'm afraid you cannot use this room. Yes, it's been two weeks. Signs affixed by MaliceAforethought.
  • SCP-4781 ("Sour and Dill") - Yes, a regular pickle. It's just that. Written by aismallard.
  • SCP-4715 ("A Demon Born of War") - War never change. And he knows that more, much more than you. Originally written by HK-016, rewritten by Dr Balthazaar.
  • SCP-4542 ("Bug Bunnies") - That's all, folks. That's really all. Written by Mew-ltiverse.
  • Dr. Michaels ("Dr. Michaels is not in danger. ") - Dr. Michaels' case doesn't require assistance. Dr. Michaels is fine. Dr. Michaels is not Lt Flops.
  • SCP-4358 ("An Undying Love") - We ain't never getting older. Written by kinchtheknifeblade.

Tales

  • Are We Gentrified Yet? - "See, I'm an up and coming artist. I'm also an unapologetic Nälkän." Written by Uncle Nicolini and UraniumEmpire.
  • 📈 Scarlett's Letters - "you know, I should start writing these on the database" Written by Mew-ltiverse.
  • Critique Of Pure Reason - "Inaction is your prerogative - but Plutonium is not going back in the bottle." Written by Vezaz.
  • A Little Lollipop - "The schizo tech is a little weird at times, though. People are working on typewriters and Batman has video calling in the Batmobile? Though maybe that’s just economic inequality." Part of the Dread & Circuses canon, written by DrChandra.

GoI Formats

  • 📈 The Incredible Ozwald's Shoes - [Das Wunderkabinett] "Ladies, gentlemen, undefinable cosmic beings, and universe travelers eager to discover the secrets of reality’s weaves… now, locomotion through existential planes is much more hassle-free !" Originally written by Goldenbrown and ZeroMan, translated by INT_Translator.
  • 📈 SPC-2970 - [Shark Punching Center] "Someone needs to get our recording back to the ship ! Your inexperienced so it has to be you ! Now, for the love of the Grand Puncher, SWIM !" Written by BlueJones.
  • 📈 Alchemical Familiars - [Serpent's Hand] "Alchemical familiars do not just readily offer their assistance to those they perceive as guardians and mentors." Written by DeviantDharma.

Misc

Week of October 8th:

SCPs

  • SCP-4675 ("I Don't Exist") - I can hear your question : why I'm still here if I don't exist? Well, talk to redredred if you want to know.
  • 📈 SCP-ES-122 ("greatGreenishGreenery v1.01") - OK, so click here and it will work. You'll see, it's really efficient. Originally written by LazyLasagne, translated by JackalRelated. All hail "#dickslap".
  • SCP-4957 ("Cold, Turning Blue") - It's cold, it's not black but I'm sure as hell that it's infinite. Written by Roget.
  • SCP-4381 ("Moccus Meme") - Oiiiiiiiiiiiink. Turned into a pig by Kenoma.
  • SCP-9999-J ("Ground Beef") - Meuuuuuuuh… wait, I have a feeling of "déjà-vu". Written by ManyMeats.
  • 📈 SCP-4875 ("Crying Beneath the Desert, Or ; Lorem Desertum") - "Can I stay here for him ?" Written by Almarduk.
  • SCP-4204 ("To Pluck the Moon from the Sky") - "You know not of what you seek / You'll doom the world to wander the night / With no light to guide the paths that men seek." Enlightened by Dyslexion.
  • SCP-4961 ("All Dogs Go To Heaven") - No, darling, he's not dead. He's in the Heaven of Dogs, now. Written by ItsDenali.
  • SCP-4745 ("Spooky Scary Snowman") - They will not send shrivers down your spine, this time. Snowballs were created by Calibold.
  • SCP-4932 ("Sadly, Nothing Lasts Forever") - So, if you meet someone you really like, enjoy all the good moments. Written by Westrin.
  • SCP-4622 ("Requiem") - Surely, at least one person will be remember you. Or your last words. Written by MacWarren.

Tales

  • 📈 The Gift Bestowed Upon You - "Tell me, Michael Ganymede. How can you prove you are worthy of the gifts bestowed upon you ?" Written by Dyslexion.
  • 📈 Condemned To Live - "If she survives and stops thrashing long enough, get some blood samples. Start doing research on the Chinese woman, too, if practicable." A new installment for the Anabasis series, written by AndarielHalo.
  • Let Them Eat Cake - "What's your favorite dessert ?" Written by Roget.
  • 📈 Prime Civil Dawn - "Two birds alighted on Flea. One the color of dried blood on her right shoulder, one the color of fresh algae on her left." A new installment for the MUCKSCAPE / MEGAGRID / MAYHEM series, written by Pedantique.
  • 📈 Fleas, Roaches, and Gnats - "You aren't the only one to steal from me lately. I want your help stealing something back." Another new installment for the MUCKSCAPE / MEGAGRID / MAYHEM series, written by Pedantique.
  • 📈 Like the Moon's Drifting Carcass - "The flu mask hid her frown, but it was clear from her eyes regardless." The latest installment of the MUCKSCAPE / MEGAGRID / MAYHEM series, written by Pedantique.
  • "Is bad luck really such a crime ?" asked the mouse to the cat. - "Well, I'm gonna be honest, I'm not really into this, so if you're trying to seduce—". New article for the Cack Hub, written by Ellie3.
  • 📈 "You called my bluff." - "I don't know why I ever started talking to you again. Our relationship was a failure." Part of the S & C Plastics canon, written by Ellie3.
  • Bad End - "Weeks of hell, and he got the joke ending." Part of Black Autumn 3, written by Ihp.
  • In the Pit, Before the Storm - "Yeah, well, your monk can wear them because he has 22 Dex and a high enough acrobatics that Natural 1's do nothing." Part of Black Autumn 3, written by Ihp.
  • Black Autumn 3: Discordant Anthology Hub - "The world isn't on fire, but small, important parts of it are. Nexuses, like Sloth's Pit." Part of the S & C Plastics canon, written by Ihp.
  • The Amityville Triumph - "Palmer didn't hear the knife being removed from its sheathe." Part of Black Autumn 3, written by Ihp.
  • Outdated - "Once upon a time, SCP-079 was seen as a legitimate threat to the continued normalcy and well-being of humanity. Today, its programming is outmatched by the one in my coffee machine." Written by Cerastes.

Misc

Week of October 15th:

SCPs

  • SCP-4607 ("Whalefall City") - "The worms are here again." Written by Kenoma.
  • SCP-4706 ("An Array of Nonsense") - "Number? Those don't exist, IDIOT." Written by ManyMeats.
  • SCP-4608 ("Appleseed") - The grave can't hold back the raw power of Johnny Appleseed. Written by DrAkimoto.
  • SCP-4537 ("Artist's Syndrome") - "It's not good enough. Not yet." Written by Penton.
  • 📈 SCP-4625 ("To The Fans") - The lost city of gold (medals). Written by redredred.
  • SCP-4928 ("The Wishing Well") - " SCP-4928 is a collection of seven kittens dressed in Halloween costumes. Every instance also wears identical collars bearing the word "Billy's" in a child's handwriting." Written by Dyslexion.
  • SCP-4800-J ("The One True God") - "When viewed, SCP-4800 takes the form of a banana with anthropomorphic arms, legs, and facial features." Written by not_a_seagull.
  • SCP-2410 ("We Are Beary Sorry") - There's something wrong with Teddy. Written by TheMightyMcB, N_Aepic_Fael, and Crashington.
  • SCP-4437 ("Going Forward, Really, Really Fast") - "We were not sure how far in the past you would go. I may not show it, but I am deeply disappointed by the lack of Velociraptor in your testing environment as well." Written by Popsioak.
  • SCP-4814 ("Woodpecker") - "SCP-4814 is the collective designation for nine trees, designated as SCP-4814-1 through SCP-4814-9, that are biologically similar to standard human women in all manners except form." Written by RockTeethMothEyes.
  • SCP-4361 ("Red Is Her Favorite Color") - "SCP-4361 is an entity that generates a four-second YouTube video each time its most recent YouTube video is observed." Written by Kybard.
  • SCP-4886 ("The Cop and the Countryside") - WORM PEOPLE. Written by UraniumEmpire.
  • SCP-4762 ("Multiple Solutions") - Who are we to question our cage? Written by Nameless Mediocre.
  • 📈 SCP-4708 ("Thpecial Containment Prothedure") - "SCP-4708 is Michael Gerard Tyson, the former World Heavyweight Boxing Champion." Written by DrAkimoto.
  • SCP-4934 ("The House That Chuck Built") - The gods of this world prevent your entry. Written by Uncle Nicolini.

Tales

  • Eater Of Souls - "“Nothing. Just old bones.” Written by Dr Gears.
  • Sleep It Off - "“Young lady, I hate to break this to you, but this is a dream. You, yourself, are a dream, the candyfloss of the mind, and no more substantial." Written by Dr Gears.
  • May The Sun Ever Set On The British Empire - When Unlondon Breaks. Written by Doctor Cimmerian.
  • 📈 A Great Palace Atop the World - Long ago, there lived a king. He had three sons and a daughter, and they lived in a great palace atop the world. Written by pr0m37h3um.
  • 📈 The World Below - More fact than fiction. Written by pr0m37h3um.

Misc

  • SCP Buns - SCP BUNS!!! - Written by SunnyClockwork.

Week of October 22nd:

SCPs

  • 📈 SCP-4562 ("Melody of your life") - Do you play in a minor or major key? Written by AgentAX.
  • SCP-4451 ("tsar roomba by dado") - Nuclear powerd succ. Written by Dyslexion.
  • SCP-4456-D ("No One Expects The Spanish Decommission!") - Do what you want, because a pirate is free! Written by Calibold.
  • 📈 SCP-4356 ("The Not-Quite-Broken-Clock Affair") - Knowledge of the future is a powerful thing. Written by ViviSection8.
  • SCP-4368 ("To Sleep, Perchance to See") - BEHOLD, MY MANGEKYOU SHARINGAN! Written by Kybard.
  • 📈 SCP-4842 ("The Disintegration Loops") - The song don't stop, the music will never die. Written by Decibelles.
  • 📈 SCP-4421 ("Every Job in Eaton, Ohio") - Times are hard and buisnesses are scarce… Written by redredred.
  • 📈 SCP-4685 ("Every Man Must Pay His Due") - And Lo, I beheld a rusty crane; its rider's name was death, and hell followed after. Written by ItsDenali.
  • SCP-4829 ("Umbryo") - Is there life in space? Or is there space in life? Written by Weryllium.

Tales

  • Black Bird - "A baby Jay was brought up. By a Magpie and a Rook. Their family was happy" Written by Oboebandgeek99.
  • 📈 What A Performance - "That was his name…. Brad. That motherfucker. I can't believe I forgot about Brad." Written by Fantom732.
  • An Apple a Day… - "Dr. Glass knew that biohazard suits wouldn't help. He didn't even bother wearing one. He could practically see the miasma around her, and he swore that it whispered." Written by Ihp.
  • Losing My Colors - "Her clothes, her hairstyle, lack of makeup, all this catches her eye. It's disgusting. It's wrong. It needs to be fixed." Written by AlanDaris.
  • 📈 The Celestrian Empire - "It is not difficult to see through the charade of this plan. These men of means created a state where there was no regulation, no law but that of unrestrained competition." Written by Tufto.
  • Escape From Terminus - "Before Dungeons & Dragons — before Empire of the Petal Throne — before Chainmail, White Bear and Red Moon, or even Siege of Bodenburg — there was Escape From Terminus." Written by The Great Hippo.
  • 📈 None Of Us Ever Really Die, We Simply Change Format - "“Gears died with dignity and I will too.”" Written by DrWarpstar.
  • Technoapotheosis - "It's been about twenty years since god leapt out of a database and saved the world." Written by DrWarpstar.
  • 📈 Why Gaze at the Abyss when there is Nothing There? - "It had been ages since Dr. Eli Fitzgerald had gotten himself lost in the dark nothingness that surrounded him." Written by ScepticAxolotl.
  • GOC, or that guy with a gun fetish - "It was O5-10's first day, and he was nervous." Written by Cerastes.
  • The Tale With No Name - "So, yeah. 100 tales in just under eight years. Hard to believe. I'm fairly sure I'm the first person to hit this milestone, but I'm not 100% on that." Written by Ihp.
  • A Foreign Exchange - "I'm sure a foreigner that's late on his first day is exactly what the Japanese branch is looking for." Written by DrAkimoto.
  • Fernand's Memoir - "10.27.2016: SCP-082 made an unusual request this afternoon. Instead of asking for clothes like it usually does, it asked for a set of books." Written by CrankyMonkey2.
  • #DeerGhoulSchool - "No offense meant to ⁂GoldenAppleYouth, but has anyone noticed them acting kind of weird lately? Haven't seen them outside of their housing much, and when I do, they're always trying to peddle that cider of theirs." Written by Ihp.
  • Nightmare Regent Blue - "The Hill's eye opened, tearing apart gnarled tree trunks that had formed on his lashes. The ground shook as he turned his neck for the first time to identify this bizarre creature." Written by daveyoufool.
  • Predation and Containment 844 - The Fungus Among Us - "SCP-844, henceforth referred to as the entity, is an ambush predator that relies on auditory stimuli to attract prey." Written by K_Solari.
  • A Clean, Fast End - "The door falls down as Tordai steps through the airlock. Around him, the air is heavy with the smell of neglect and the sting of a thousand pollutants. " Written by Simartar.
  • Death Perception - ""Power Rangers!" Nanku exclaimed. She lifted her arms and admired her own pink spandex suit. "People keep calling us that, so I asked the captain what they were. They are a team of superheroes that fight monsters, just like us!"" Written by A Random Day and TyGently.
  • 📈 Rise Of The Human Resources - ""Oh, Orchardist, you just had to ship the apples out," he said to nobody in particular. "We gave you power, and you abused it. Instead of keeping this town together, you assisted in bringing chaos."" Written by Ellie3.
  • Masks, Monsters, & Merchants - "Site-19 was not an easy place to break in to." Written by DrChandra.
  • A Necromantic Prelude - "In his dying breath, he noticed his blood transform. It surged from his body and rippled away like electrified leeches, glowing and boiling in effervescent sheen. Outside the body, blood was no longer his, and ancient forces unsheathed ancient talons." Written by Lt Flops.

Misc



Fanart

Here you will find a selection of artists who consistently released new work throughout the month and whose art output is worth following. The thumbnails are clickable.

See these and more artists' works on the Artists Pages (Redirect).


SCP Foundation Deviant Art Gallery by Batterymaster

scp_2845_by_batterymaster_ddj1roj-pre.jpgscp_163_by_batterymaster_ddiu88q-pre.jpgscp_3199_by_batterymaster_ddhdbp0-pre.jpg

SCP Pixel Art Collab by 49 Collaborators

pixel1.pngpixel2.pngpixel3.png

UncertaintyCrossing's Art Page by uncertaintycrossing)

uncertainty1.jpguncertainty2.jpguncertainty3.jpg

Amindele's Art Page by amindele

amin2.jpgamin1.jpgamin3.jpg

Caiman Chameleon's art page by CaimanChameleon

cham1.jpgcham2.jpgcham3.jpg

robyrne's Amino Art Page by robyrne

robyrne1.jpgrobyrne2.jpgrobyrne3.jpg


Q&A:

Q: Can I replace a blurb that you wrote for one of my articles with my own? I'm not satisfied with it.

A: Absolutely. You will always have that option at any point.

Q: I noticed an error/typo/incorrect information and wish to correct it. May I?

A: Sure! If the changes are not limited to your own article(s) and/or are substantial changes across multiple entries, you should post in that month's discussion page and then make the changes.

Q: I wrote an article and it seems to have stuck. Can I send a blurb of mine to one of the frequent collaborators?

A: Yup! It's much easier if you come to us about it, and it gives you the control over what you want shown on the news page.










Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License