News for September 2020

The dynamic nature of this wiki means that linked pages might get moved, renamed, deleted, or replaced. Old news pages remain as time capsules and are not updated to account for these changes.

This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month1, and fan-content for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!

Fandom Stuff

  • A hearing in the SCP trademark case took place this month. Another court session was scheduled for next month.
  • SCP-DE also accepted a large side canon - Project Trickster - into the official DE canon.
  • SCP-ES is continuing its frequent micro-contests that take place on the forums. The lastest one was constrained to take place over the course of just five hours.

Featured Articles

  • SCP-4823 ("The Whole World Has Gone Bananas") by Serabus
    Featured by Ocuin, Flopmind, and REDESERT

Following entry, SCP-4823 will unpeel itself.

  • "REMEMBER" by Cerastes
    Featured by Truc Linh, Comrade Waldo, and Dr Sage Evergreen

Cain didn't have the luxury of forgetting why he did it…

While this is inspired by true things(ish) I've embellished the story.

Reviewer's Spotlight Articles

SCP-5380: My World by chiifu featured by KaraKatt
SCP-5595: Geoffrey Quincy Harrison the Third: Site-Director, Gumball Machine by PlaguePJPfeatured by redesert
I Don't Wanna Be Special (I Just Wanna Survive) by OboeBandGeek99
featured by Naveil
SCP-5335: The Freudian Split by MalyceGraves
Featured by Francis Scalia


You will notice little 'πŸ“ˆ' emojis beside some articles. That denotes SCP articles which were under 30 and tales which were under 20 when this edition of site news was posted. Give them a little love! Speaking from personal experience, the most frustrating thing that can happen to an article is not deletion, but stagnating below 20 without any comments. So try to read, vote, and comment on these articles! They're often hidden gems :)

Week of September 1st:

SCPs

  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-5516 ("101 Lobster Friends") - Nothing more, nothing less. Account made by DodoDevilDodoDevil.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-3195 ("The Fault in Our Star") - I knew that this star was a troublemaker. Of course, it's her fault. Of course. Written by Marcelles_Raynes does not match any existing user name.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-5705 ("Powered by Thorium!β„’") - Here's another material who can be a power source for you. COVID-19 can't stop us creating them. Made by IszthIszth.
  • SCP-5147 ("The Mannequin Troupe") - This is not for your entertainment. Brought to you by Sirslash47Sirslash47.
  • SCP-5494 ("The Lords of the Beneath World") - We still wait to know what exact beneath world they rule, they still have to come back to us. Investigations made by HarryBlankHarryBlank.
  • SCP-2754 ("A Festival For One, a Festival For None.") - It's not the Fyre Festival II. Written by chiifuchiifu.
  • SCP-5346 ("GUMP") - These GIMP bootlegs won't stop flooding us, am I right? Written by JakdragonXJakdragonX.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-PL-126 ("The Union of Earth Socialist Republicans") - For a general union from all the earthlings against fascists of all natures and all dimensions! Manifesto written by Dr_BlackpeaceDr_Blackpeace, translated by INT_TranslatorINT_Translator.
  • SCP-5165 ("A Ream of Paper") - This ream of paper don't want you to pay attention to them, everything is alright. Written by AdsidTFDAdsidTFD.
  • SCP-314-J ("Numerical Proofs (That You Suck)") - You are a lame-ass and here's the exact, objective reason why. Written by weizhongweizhong.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-5137 ("Friendship Is Only Skin Deep") - Yeah, me and my friend, we made a joint tattoo on our backs for symbolize the bond that unites us. Pretty, isn't it? Written by SebarusSebarus.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-CN-999 ("Spreading your wings") - You're supposed to fly. Find your wings. Written by MScarletMScarlet, translated by INT_TranslatorINT_Translator.
  • SCP-5382 ("The Cure, and What Ails You") - Tell us what is your level of pain and we will provide the most efficient Cure record for healing your injuries. Written by HarryBlankHarryBlank.
  • SCP-5143 ("Heavy Fuel") - Powered by the SANDWICH. Written by daviiiddaviiid.

Tales

  • Looking Forward - "What we have is a hostile force from outside our solar system with a significantly protracted history of interfering with human development." Written by Grigori KarpinGrigori Karpin.
  • πŸ“ˆ Cleaning House - "If you insist, I will kill you all. Is that what you want?" Written by Grigori KarpinGrigori Karpin.
  • πŸ“ˆ The Grand Delusion - "You won't believe your eyes! Or your nose! Seriously, you might wanna cover your nose around some of these wonders." Written by HellylessaHellylessa.
  • πŸ“ˆ A lacking response - "Those who discard them off the bat, maybe they're the real joke." Written by Wakawaaa does not match any existing user name.

GoI Formats

  • 'Iron-Priest.aic' (FEP26/PR4Y5/M3K43) [Marshall, Carter & Dark, Ltd.] - "So I've been talking to one of the Maxwellist higher-ups, and I've heard they are having problems with people losing their faith. So I made a deal with those Maxwellists, and they agreed to supply us with their tech, while we supply them with an AI of ours that can help them out with this little problem of theirs." Written by basirskipreaderbasirskipreader.

Misc

Week of September 8th:

SCPs

  • SCP-5842 ("Sentient Stalking Stop Sign") - I'm particularly proud of this aliteration. Not too bad when it comes to a stalking sign. Written by QuadragintaQuadraginta.
  • SCP-5520 ("The Rabbit Hole") - We all fell on it every day. We don't even know their exact number. HarryBlankHarryBlank fell on one, too.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-5448 ("When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?") - We go on a place with bad guys, when parties are never over and when people with strange addictions don't bury their friends. You should see them on crowns, tho. Written by Captain KirbyCaptain Kirby.
  • SCP-3946 ("Amphitrite's Curse, Scylla's Wrath") - The saga of the big water hole and the big monster with many teeths continues. Written by AnorrackAnorrack.
  • SCP-3743 ("Euboea, Son of Briareos") - Their Many Hands guide us in this life. We honor their creation with our blood and bodies. We are their many hands, shaping society in their image. Written by Grigori KarpinGrigori Karpin.
  • SCP-5106 ("Goosed") - Le Honk est grandiose. Written by DrAkimotoDrAkimoto.

Tales

  • πŸ“ˆ Acies - "when I am defeated by Mankind, when they inevitably win their final battle against their creator, I shall fall blind forevermore!" Written by TyumenTyumen.
  • πŸ“ˆ The Blood That Binds Us - "Looks like it was a dead lead. Sorry for the trouble. Lets go folks," Written by SebarusSebarus.
  • πŸ“ˆ Needs Of The Many - "There was science to be done. Lives to save." Written by ManyMeatsManyMeats.

GoI Formats

Misc

Week of September 15th:

SCPs

  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-99826-J ("The Mind Screw") - If you begin to feel your brain melting and escaping by your ears, don't panic. It's totally normal. Written by CuteFishCuteFish.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-015-IT ("Pipe Nightmare") - Don't ask Mario to go on an adventure inside of it. Even him cannot do that. Written by DrGraphDrGraph, translated by INT_TranslatorINT_Translator.
  • SCP-SPC-J (""Shark" "Punching" "Center"") - Punch. Punch. Oscar. Punched by daveyoufooldaveyoufool.
  • SCP-5265 ("SKYFIRE") - It's beautiful when you see it by far. Not lighted by Popsioak does not match any existing user name.
  • SCP-5972 ("Let All the Children Boogie") - He'd like to come and meet us but he thinks he'd blow our minds. Composed by ThisMightBeAutoThisMightBeAuto.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-161-JP ("Eyling Inability") - Or whatever the word is. Written by undercatundercat, translated by INT_TranslatorINT_Translator.
  • SCP-4291 ("The Little Death") - It hurts less, I promise. Administered by RiemannRiemann.

Tales

GoI Format

Misc

Week of September 22nd:

SCPs

  • SCP-5070 ("Oh, for the love of God.") - me IRL. Written by HunterDogHunterDog.
  • SCP-5194 ("Resurfaced Memortics") - Not memetics, tho. It's an other beast. Written by DodoDevilDodoDevil.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4584 ("cold dreams.") - As coldest as the winter Kanye sung about, one day. Freezed by chiifuchiifu.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-1020-J ("Fridge Horror") - Expired food is more horrifying than anything you could ever dream. Written by RogetRoget.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-5896 ("Windows 95 for Elders") - It's never too late for learning how the Internet works! If you follow the instructions of this book made by Edna Granbo does not match any existing user name, you will know everything about that!

Tales

  • πŸ“ˆ Remember Me as a Time of Day - "Your generation's new-fangled slang is always amiss, bhaiji" Written by Popsioak does not match any existing user name.
  • Strange Beasts - "You can learn a lot about yourself from the stories you seek out. Sometimes even things you didn't know were true." Written by daviiiddaviiid.

Misc

Canon Renaissance Contest Entries

page 1 of 212next »

Fanart

Here you will find a selection of artists whose art output is worth following. The thumbnails are clickable.

AnAnomalousWriter's Wallpaper Place (and more) by AnAnomalousWriterAnAnomalousWriter

Multi Color Variantanomalous1_cr.jpgOutrun Chaos Insurgency Wallpaperanomalous2_cr.jpgSCP 173 Neon Wallpaperanomalous3_cr.jpg

Ded's Instagram Page by @just.artuwu

Two Bearsartuwu1_cr.jpgFrench Crowartuwu2_cr.jpgSCP-096 (The "Shy Guy")artuwu3_cr.jpg

Honey's Art Page by HoneyChips4090HoneyChips4090

Apple Kid's unclehoney1_cr.jpgprotect your kneecapshoney2_cr.jpgWhy is the file name watchhoney3_cr.jpg

Luxkeeper's Art Page by LuxkeeperLuxkeeper

SCP-2521 (●●|●●●●●|●●|●)lux1_cr.jpgSCP-087 (The Stairwell)lux2_cr.jpgSCP-012 (A Bad Composition)lux3_cr.jpg

Skorpt's Amino Page by SkorptSkorpt

SCP-5053 (Anything but a stick in the mud)skorpt1_cr.jpgHere Be Butterfliesskorpt2_cr.jpgThe Space Whaleskorpt3_cr.jpg





Q&A:

Q: Can I replace a blurb that you wrote for one of my articles with my own? I'm not satisfied with it.

A: Absolutely. You will always have that option at any point.

Q: I noticed an error/typo/incorrect information and wish to correct it. May I?

A: Sure! If the changes are not limited to your own article(s) and/or are substantial changes across multiple entries, you should post in that month's discussion page and then make the changes.

Q: I wrote an article and it seems to have stuck. Can I send a blurb of mine to one of the frequent collaborators?

A: Yup! It's much easier if you come to us about it, and it gives you the control over what you want shown on the news page.










Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License