Incident 2770-C
rating: +205+x


ATTENTION!

THE DETAILS OF INCIDENT 2770-C MAY ONLY BE GRANTED FROM CURRENT HEAD OF SCP-2770 CONTAINMENT DR. RUTO-JACOBS OR O5 COMMAND. WITHOUT PROPER BIOMETRIC DATA, THIS TERMINAL WILL DEPLOY A PARALYZING/AMNESTIC AGENT AND THEN LOCK.




SCANNING …


BIOMETRIC DATA CONFIRMED. MEMETIC DISENGAGED. LOCK CANCELED.


OPENING FILE…

Incident 2770-C

With approval from O5-█, Operation Kiddie Pool was authorized on ██/██/████ with the express purpose of containing SCP-2770 indefinitely. This operation was designed by Dr. ████ and Agent ████████, as they theorized that from observations made of SCP-2770-1, divorcing it from any notable source of water would both render SCP-2770-2 incapable of manifesting, and remove SCP-2770-1's ability to retreat back into the water.

The operation was divided into three parts:

  1. Gamma-6 would locate and then lift SCP-2770-1 from the water via a modified Mi-26 (operating name: "Lifeguard") equipped with a hooking device created specifically for the operation.
  2. With SCP-2770-1 hooked, Lifeguard would then transport SCP-2770-1 to Site ██, a secure location in the hyper-arid ████████ Desert.
  3. Once arrived, Gamma-6 personnel would take custody of SCP-2770-1, well isolated from any possible source of water.

On █/█/████, Operation Kiddie Pool commenced at ████ hours. At the time of the operation, SCP-2770-1 was being tracked off the coast of southern Norway, and was intercepted by Lifeguard thirty minutes, twelve seconds after the commencement of the operation. SCP-2770-1 was attached to the hook without any difficulties and lifted out of the water with no appearance by SCP-2770-2.

Six hours, seventeen minutes later, Lifeguard arrived at Site ██, delivering SCP-2770-1 into its custody. SCP-2770-1 surrendered itself with no struggle, and SCP-2770-2 failed to manifest. Operation Kiddie Pool was deemed a success.

An interrogation was conducted one week later. SCP-2770-1 had not escaped custody with its previously recorded anomalous abilities, and had been generally cooperative with staff at Site ██. Transcript of video will now follow:

[SCP-2770-1 is escorted into the room by two Gamma-6 personnel and sits down to a chair across from Agent ████████]

Agent ████████: Hello, SCP-2770-1.

SCP-2770-1: Hello, sir. Once again, I cannot tell you how grateful I am for the rescue with your crazy hoverin' plane. I've been stranded out there for…I don't know how long.

Agent ████████: We're always glad to help. So, SCP-2770-1, do you have a name?

SCP-2770-1: I do, sir. Lieutenant Edward Rowling, Royal Navy, at your service.

Agent ████████:  I see. What year do you think this is? Your uniform is quite out of date.

SCP-2770-1: [rubs neck] I…do not know. Truth be told, the months and years just started to meld together after a while. And apologies about my uniform, I'll admit it's seen better days.

Agent ████████: About your days melding together. What can you tell me about SCP-2770-2?

SCP-2770-1: Come again?

Agent ████████: The submarine. We have records of you being rescued by ships, only for them to be attacked by a broken-down sub that shouldn't even be able to move.

SCP-2770-1: Oh. That thing.

[SCP-2770-1 leans in]

SCP-2770-1: Well.

SCP-2770-1: I think…

Agent ████████: You think what?

SCP-2770-1: I think you forgot about the water table, you fucking idiot.

[What appears to be the conning tower of SCP-2770-2 erupts in the middle of the interrogation room. The hatch immediately opens, followed by a total loss of communication with Site ██.]

END TRANSCRIPT

MTF dispatched to Site ██ finds the facility missing. Orbital assets confirm that at the time of communication loss, Site ██ was pulled in its entirety under the sand. Recovery teams present detect no traces of the facility with subterranean imaging, and all staff are presumed KIA.

After this event, SCP-2770-1 did not appear for another █ years.

Foundation secure site protocols now in full review.

SCP-2770 reclassification to Keter pending.

END INCIDENT REPORT

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License