This guide has been rewritten as part of the 2014 background guide overhaul. The original version of this page can be found in archive form here.
Changes From Original Version
- Security Clearance Levels have been cleaned up and made more consistent with real-world security clearance systems, along with notes on "need to know" and how that works.
- Class A-C have been defined, Class D has been cleaned up, and Class E has been reworked to maintain the original sentiment while making it more in line with A-D.
- Class D personnel are no longer explicitly terminated at the end of the month; the new definition has more room for headcanon.
- Class D personnel are no longer explicitly drawn from death row convict populations.
- Added Employee Title short list to combat the perception that the Foundation is made up entirely of only "Agents", "Researchers", and "O5s".
This guide was written with the help of:
EchoFourDelta — SCP senior staff, former United States Marine, special operations infantryman, marksmanship/close-quarters combat instructor, and armory technician.
DrEverettMann — SCP administrator, active duty United States Air Force electronic warfare/intelligence specialist.
thedeadlymoose — SCP administrator.
TroyL — SCP administrator.
Aelanna — SCP veteran author, software engineer formerly employed by a United States federal contractor.