Dread & Circuses Hub
rating: +175+x
circus_banner_by_zhange000-dc0jnc3.png

Banner Art by Zhange

D%26CTent1.png


~ Herman Fuller's Circus of the Disquieting ~


Alas, our renowned founder and namesake is no longer with us. No one seems quite sure where he's got off to.

The Clowns say he suddenly saw the error of his ways and became a missionary with the Manna Foundation to atone for his misdeeds.

The Carnies say he finally ran afoul of a beast even he couldn't tame, and whatever's left of him now fertilizes a patch of brown grass somewhere.

The Man with the Upside-Down Face says good riddance.

Whatever his fate, it is certain that Herman Fuller is gone, and surely someone somewhere must mourn him.

But the show must go on.

Ladies and Gentlemen, children of all ages, Herman Fuller's Circus of the Disquieting is proud to announce our new Master of Ceremonies. She started off as just another runaway, but through sheer talent and determination she's clawed her way up from magician, to Clown, to troupe leader and now to the Ringmaster of the Circus itself! I give you the beautiful, the astonishing, the magical Icky!

Icky25%25.jpg

Come with us now on a mind-boggling journey through the impossible. Glimpse the wonderous magic the powers-that-be conspire to keep hidden. Experience the awe and terror of a world that forever lies just out of view.

Welcome to Dread & Circuses!



Opening Acts

D%26CTent1.png
  1. Go Big Or Go Home ~"Eh? Looks like a pig?" By DarkStuffDarkStuff!
  2. Herman Fuller Can Shove It Up His Ass ~ "You're going to want to insert it rectally."
  3. Clown Breeding 101 with Prof. Richard C Normus ~ "My Grampie once turned a kid inside out, I shit you not."
  4. Icky & Ichabod ~ "This was going to be a problem; if the Strike Team couldn’t take a Type Green out by surprise, their contingency was overwhelming firepower."
  5. Upside-Down Cake ~ "I can’t tell you how much pleasure it gives me to finally see your face the right way up after all these years."
  6. A Real Humdinger ~ “Tom, if I didn’t know better I’d swear that someone up there has it out for me.”


Clowns.jpg

Headlining

D%26CTent1.png

Act I
  1. Former Assets ~ "You're not afraid of clowns, are you?"
  2. Fuller Than Full! ~ "He let out one final scream, and then popped like a balloon."
  3. Fuller's Fantastic Fun-lover's Funhouse ~ “Fun-lovers? That’s what you call those… milking creatures, right?”
  4. Your Call Is Important To Us ~ “OH GOD, IT’S NOT A DRILL! I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL! EVERYBODY PANIC!”
  5. She Remembered Me ~ "Sing once again with me, our strange duet."
  6. Freaky Commodities II: Freak Harder ~ "I…may have left a Sarkist and a Mekhanite together in the same room.”
  7. There Are No Strings On Me ~ “Are you out of your mind? Do you know who you’ve got? Icky will send the whole Circus after you to get her back!”
Star75.png

Interlude I

So They Called Him Darke ~ "He immersed himself in the Darkness, sustained himself on the Darkness, empowered himself with the Darkness."

Star75.png

Act II

  1. A Scip Or A Star? ~ "Coarse, irritating, gets everywhere."
  2. Dark And Disquieting ~ "Lolly didn’t respond immediately, being transfixed by the sight of a bird wizard battling self-cannibalizing ethereal snakes."
  3. City of Wonder™ ~ “Lesbians are family friendly now. There’s like a whole show on Cartoon Network about space lesbians. It’s awesome.”
  4. The Sea Slug and the Showman ~ "He stood in the spotlight, proud as can be in his top hat and red-tailed coat, the most preposterously verbose and verbosely preposterous poppycock rolling off his tongue as he presented each new marvel."
  5. Freaks, Friends and Fiends ~ “Not even the weirdest part of my day.”
  6. Let's Get This Show On The Road! ~ "Can I get a Frapaccthulhu? Extra whipped cream, extra drizzle, extra existential horror? I can handle it, I'm a Clown." By RecursiveRecursionRecursiveRecursion !
  7. A Circus Come To Not ~ "Eat Lemon Meringue you son of a bitch!”
Star75.png

Interlude II

Undead, Insane and Fully Loaded ~ "Trust me, you want weapons that put the fear of the Big Boss into your enemies' hearts. You want them to go 'oh my god we're all going to die' because they are and it's common courtesy to let them know that."

Star75.png

Act III

  1. A Vale of Tears ~ “In the words of another interdimensional traveller, ‘don’t think about it’.”
  2. My Hovercraft Is Full Of Eels ~ "Ill-advised, you say? Duly noted."
  3. Oh, I Wouldn't Worry About Flaky-Os ~ "We recently started ultra-pasteurizing our Clown Milk, and we still haven't figured out what to do with all the surplus."
  4. The Apple Doesn't Fall Far ~ "I didn't think it'd be a rabid monster though! And it doesn't even have arms!" By Ellie3Ellie3 !
  5. More of Fuller's Crap ~ “We call it punditry; measuring how full of crap it is.”
  6. Dread & Circuses Jumps The Shark ~ "Enough chit chat. We've got sharks to punch."
  7. Not My Circus Not My Monkeys ~"Nobody turns one of my friends into a clownfish and gets away with it!"
Star75.png

Interlude III

How Is Your Name? ~ "Dr. Isabel Helga Anastasia Parvati Wondertainment V smiled the biggest smile since she had invented thaumo-nuclear Heelys two days prior."

Star75.png

Act IV

  1. A Little Lollipop ~ "COMMUNISM IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF DOCTOR WONDERTAINMENT!"
  2. Beating A Dead Horse With A Dead Canon ~"If I say she can substitute a three-story, iron-plated, heavy-assault tank for a zombified Pegasus, then she can substitute a three-story, iron-plated, heavy-assault tank for a zombified Pegasus!”

Special Attractions

D%26CTent1.png

0. The Warrior And The… Clown? ~ "Happy April Fools Mister!"

The Show Must Go On

(Off-site stories that crossover into The Harrowick Chronicles)

  1. Good Fences Make Good Neighbours ~"This way, Ducky. Just, try not to scream, okay?"
  2. A Fool & His Money ~ “Lolly, please, I’m begging you. You and the rest of the Circus need to stay out of Harrowick County.”
  3. The Yawning Yonic Yonder! ~“This is the future of entertainment! Why allow yourself to be enslaved by the virtual worlds of Big Tech when you can instead take a leisurely gondola ride down the yonic canals and behold with your own eyes the beauty and wonder of the living body in ways that you never before dreamed were possible?”
Star75.png

It's A Wonder™ful Life

  1. ...And I'm the Star! ~ "I'm a motivated worker, most of the time, and I don't mind getting my hands dirty. Anymore, anyways." By DarkStuffDarkStuff !
  2. Back in Habit ~ "If this thing is clean enough to preserve eyes in it, it's clean enough to hold water. C'mon, drink up." By DarkStuffDarkStuff !
  3. Pepper's Lament ~ "Herman Fuller conceded after some hour or something of robot pursuit." By DarkStuffDarkStuff !
  4. Souls & Somas ~ "If only Ted hadn't eaten all the coffee grounds. They'd have to stock back up at their next location — and apply some stricter rules to the 'community goods'." By DarkStuffDarkStuff !
  5. Deceptive Cadence ~ "Well, let's look on the bright side. I probably deserve this." By DarkStuffDarkStuff !
Star75.png

Halloween Spectacular: Fuller & The Factory Funtime Facility

  1. Act I, Industrial Arts ~ "May the Broken God have mercy on our souls, for Herman Fuller and Co are going to The Factory Funtime Facility!"
  2. Act II, Industrial Espionage ~ "A Hard Worker Is A Happy Worker."
  3. Act III, Industrial Sabotage ~ “I’m afraid there’s a small flaw in your evil scheme there Al; your park stinks.”
  4. Act IV, Industrial Accidents ~ “Now it’s your turn to see what’s behind my face.”
Star75.png

About Our Founder

  1. The Den of Disquiet ~ "For a long moment Herman stood, gaping, a ridiculous grin spreading across his face." By mayoculpamayoculpa !
  2. The Preacher's Apprentice ~ "The only proper response to an impossible situation was to improvise." By mayoculpamayoculpa !
  3. Revival Tent Blitz ~ "That's not Nälkä. That's civilization." By mayoculpamayoculpa !
  4. A Blessed Day ~ "If this is Adytum's Wake, when is Adytum's funeral?" By mayoculpamayoculpa !
  5. The Boy Who Cried Wolf ~ "The Karcists began to grow, carving themselves into weapons." By mayoculpamayoculpa !
  6. Curtain Call ~ "Alright, listen here, hotshot. Do you wanna be that pebble that Chris says you are? Or do you wanna be a rock? 'Cause the thing is, you have one last chance." By DarkStuffDarkStuff !
Star75.png

Dumbass Lesbian Clowns

  1. The Grand Delusion ~ "I can’t be held accountable for his actions! I already need to be held accountable for all of my own, and let me tell you, that’s a lot of actions." By HellylessaHellylessa !
  2. A Fractured Curtain ~ "Whoa, whoa, wait a minute now. You gonna let that pineapple upside-down cake bully you into skedaddling?" By HellylessaHellylessa !
  3. Pity Party ~ "What spell hath been cast! What evils betray thine colorful threads!" By HellylessaHellylessa !

Rides and More!

D%26CTent1.png

Sideshows

  1. Saccharina Sweet's Sensationally Sublime Sugar Babies! ~ "They love alliteration at the Circus."
    100897e5-fab6-43f2-aa8b-de17a65abd53.jpg
  2. Lil' Lollipop's Little Lollipops! ~ "There's a sucker born every minute."
  3. The Marvellously Macabre Mechanical Marionette Matinee! ~ "If I ever get free, I'll be hellbent, on making them my merry merry marionettes!"
  4. Papa's Precociously Provocative Pickl'd Punkz! ~ "Does a mind-controlled, fusion powered mech-suit count as reasonable?"
  5. The Menagerie of Mayhem's Mind-bending Mewling Monstrosities! ~ "I only got scratched… twenty-something times? And that was when they liked me." By RecursiveRecursionRecursiveRecursion !
  6. The Sumerian Sorcerer's Sadistically Satanic Saddle! ~ "In its active state, living horses (Equus caballus) react with panic upon becoming aware of SCP-3886's presence." By Ember16Ember16 !
  7. Our Extraordinary, Exasperating, X-rated Escapist! ~ "How dare you tie up Foundation resources just to satisfy your own bondage fetish!"
  8. The Eloquent, Elegant, Elementary Elephant Man! ~ "Why, he barely looks like an elephant at all! I can do better than that!"
  9. The Buoyantly Bodacious Bouquet of Bouncing Balloons! ~ "At this point, SCP-4743 extended a large pseudopod behind D-5809 and produced a static discharge of sufficient voltage to disarm him."
  10. Frau Harlekina's Funny and Hilarious Fantastic Hide-Show! ~ "The 'fun level' mentioned in the document is the value of all persons directly under SCP-122-DE's influence."
  11. UIU File: 2014-158 (OPERATION: VENENUM) ~ "It's really beautiful out here, where the world is unbound and you can roam free. You should give it a try sometime." By Nickthebrick1Nickthebrick1] and RallistonRalliston!
Star75.png

Promotional Materials

  1. Herman Fuller Presents: Icky the Magic Clown ~ "I decided at a young age that I wasn't going to let fear stop me from being who I am."
  2. Herman Fuller Presents: The Amazing Zoltan ~ "Anyway, he comes into the shop wanting us to make him a philosopher's stone out of molasses."
  3. Herman Fuller Presents: The Skeleton Dance ~ "For as long as the preternatural performing arts have existed, men have reanimated the dead for entertainment." By PeppersGhostPeppersGhost !
  4. Herman Fuller Presents: Nixie the Nereid ~ "My sisters and I are Mermaids. Not nereids, not sirens, not sea nymphs; Mermaids!"
  5. Herman Fuller Presents: The Dread Behemoth ~ "It was sheer chance I was there that day - I had an appointment with my haberdasher about expanding the storage capacity in my top hat - but what good fortune it was!"
  6. Herman Fuller Presents: Maya the Magnificent ~ "There she was, in all her glory: Head stuck in a trash can." By SecretCrowSecretCrow !
  7. Herman Fuller Presents: The Indestructible Man ~ "Talk about the worst kind of living forever."
  8. Herman Fuller Presents: Eucestodiel, the Pallid Godhead ~ "Before I get to the finale, I would like to stress that neither Fuller nor Eucestodiel gave us any warning of what would follow." by UraniumEmpireUraniumEmpire!
Star75.png

Thanks To Our Sponsors

Marshall, Carter & Dark

  • All That Glisters ~ “Carter, I am not manipulating the global economy to drive McDonald's out of business just because they share our initials."

Doctor Wondertainment

  • What A Wonderful World ~ "My suitcase was at my feet because I didn't trust leaving it alone; if anyone were to see my stuffies, watercolors, and risperdal I'd feel terribly judged." By DarkStuffDarkStuff !

The Utterly Bazaar

  • Utter Depravity ~ "The catacombs were a perfect abode for a noble such as himself; vast, ostentatious, dark, and amply stocked with the preserved remains of peasants to feast upon."

The Wanderer's Library

  • The Kaiju Sea ~ "No one has yet observed Kaiju mating."
  • The Great Shucks of the Unnamed Lords ~ "The threat posed by a Great Shuck is utterly dependent on the disposition of their master."
  • Clown Town ~ "The Clowns also rely heavily on a medication referred to as 'Clown Impulse Suppressant' to control outbreaks of unacceptable behaviour, with mixed degrees of success."


"All the World loves a Clown." ~ Cole Porter

The main reason I created this series was to finish what PeppersGhost started. He briefly mentioned a female Ringmaster in SCP-2094, with the clear intention of setting up a further narrative that was never followed up on. PeppersGhost did have an overall arc he intended to tell with Herman Fuller, but this arc was left incomplete. In private e-mails with PeppersGhost he informed me of his overall plan for the Circus, and with his continued input I hope to complete it myself to the best of my ability.

Why do this? Well, I like the Circus partially because in some ways it's the exact opposite of the Foundation. When The Administrator found his first anomaly, he decided it was something to be locked up and kept secret forever. When Herman Fuller found his, he decided to pitch a tent and charge admission. My ideology towards the anomalous is actually closer to that of the Serpent's Hand's than it is to the Foundation's. Not everything anomalous is dangerous, and the Foundation's policy of locking every anomaly up 'just in case' is both immoral and to Humanity's detriment. One of my favourite SCPs is 8900-EX because it illustrates the Foundation's edict of preserving the status quo, even if changing the status quo would be a good thing. The Circus is a place where people can see actual magic, and where anomalous people have more freedom than they would in containment.

I also have a fondness for the early days of the Foundation; whacky senior staff, insane cross testing, etc. The Circus gives me a venue to write in that style that would otherwise not be acceptable.

I will do my best to continue the story PeppersGhost started, and maybe one day the tale of Herman Fuller's Circus of the Disquieting will be known in its entirety.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License