Document 860-III and IV
rating: +205+x

Below are the transcripts of exploration III and IV into SCP-860-1.
Exploration III realized on █/██/████.
Exploration IV realized on ██/██/████.

Exploration III

(D-2562 is a 35-year old Caucasian male of strong build. Psychological background indicates [DATA EXPUNGED]. Subject shows a record of violent behavior under pressure and is responsible for the murder of ██ people. D-2562 is equipped with an LED flashlight, a handheld camcorder fitted with a transmission stream, an audio headset for communication with Dr. ███ at Control, and a fire axe.)

D-2562 inserts SCP-860 in the door leading to the house of Mr. ███████, located on ██████ Street, ██████, England. He turns the key and opens the door, revealing SCP-860-1. D-2562 hesitates, then proceeds through the door. After he takes two steps, a loud bang is heard. D-2562 turns. The door is closed and attached to a large concrete wall.

D-2562: Now… what?
Dr. ███: Please use the axe provided to try to destroy the door.
D-2562: Uh… you sure?
Dr. ███: Please do as instructed.

D-2562 places the camera on the ground, facing himself and the wall, and proceeds to hit the door with the axe. He hits the door four times before quickly turning around.

D-2562: ████! Did you hear that?
Dr. ███: No sound came through the audio feed.
D-2562: It was a ███████ loud roar, man, how could you not—
Dr. ███: Please calm down and proceed with your task.

D-2562 keeps looking at the woods.

Dr. ███: D-2562, please remember our agreement. If you don't follow our instructions—
D-2562: Yeah, I know that, it's just… OK… OK, no problem…

D-2562 resumes his attempts at destroying the door. After he has hit the door twice, a small piece of wood breaks off. Seemingly encouraged by this, D-2562 proceeds to hit the door harder. After nine blows, an extremely loud roar is heard. D-2562 screams and starts swinging the axe in the direction of the camera. A large [DATA EXPUNGED] paw appears in front of the lens. D-2562 charges, and [DATA EXPUNGED]. The sounds of [DATA EXPUNGED] could be heard for ██ hours after that, long after the camera batteries ran out, and showed no signs of stopping. Dr. ███ decided to cut the audio feed after ██ hours.


Exploration IV

(█████ (from now on referred to as Subject-1) is a 41-year old African-American male of above-average build. Psychological background shows no abnormalities. Subject volunteered for the exploration. Subject-1 is equipped with an LED flashlight, a handheld camcorder fitted with a transmission stream, and an audio headset for communication with Dr. ███ at Control.)

Subject-1 inserts SCP-860 in the door leading to an empty room in Site-██. He turns the key and opens the door, revealing SCP-860-1. Subject-1 proceeds through the door. After he takes two steps, a loud bang is heard.

Subject-1: The door just closed, no?
Dr. ███: Yes. Please follow the trail. The exit will be on the other side.

Subject-1 proceeds to walk down the trail. The grove shows notable differences from previous explorations; the mist has acquired a slight red hue, and incomprehensible murmurs are heard through the audio feed, although Subject-1 seems unaware of them. Subject walks for 123 meters.

Subject-1: Place seems different from what you described, Doc. It's giving me the— Wait. The hell?

Subject stops. In front of him, the trail forks into two paths, one of which is made of cobblestones.

Subject-1: Uhhh, Doc? Which… which way should I go?
Dr. ███: This… er, this is new. We haven't seen it manifest like this before.
Subject-1: …well, I guess I'll — [shouting] Oh, ████!

Subject-1 turns around. The trail has disappeared; thousands of trees have replaced it. The mist suddenly turns [DATA EXPUNGED], and the murmurs increase in volume.

Subject-1: [shouting] ████, Doc, what the ████ is going on here? What is this noise?
Dr. ███: Please calm down and proceed down the cobblestone trail.
Subject-1: I'm not a ███████ guinea pig, Doc, just because I volunteered I don't— [shouting] Oh my God!
Dr. ███: What? █████, respond, what do you see?

Subject-1 starts screaming and proceeds to run through the cobblestone path. The murmurs suddenly cease, and only Subject-1's screams can be heard. He runs 143 meters before the camera is suddenly thrown into the ground. Subject-1's screams cease. The camera is turned towards the woods. The mist is now thick enough to block sight completely beyond two meters.

Dr. ███: █████, do you hear me?
Subject-1: [DATA EXPUNGED]
Dr. ███: █████?
Subject-1: [DATA EXPUNGED]
Dr. ███: Oh God.

There is no further response from Subject-1. Three seconds before the camera's battery ran out, a very low noise was heard. Analysis of the video feed showed two glowing yellow spheres for one frame in the last second of the video.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License