Disseminated Documentation 1985-Alpha
rating: +101+x

This document contains a partial archive of excursions undertaken by SCP-1985. Format is as follows:

  • Excursion Label
  • Priming: (success/failure)
  • Trigger:
  • Equipment/Personnel:
  • Reality Description:
  • Logs: ([FORTHCOMING] if awaiting release, [RESTRICTED] if not)
  • Retrieval:
  • Retrieved Items:
  • Notes:

Full information may be restricted to members of Special Access Program "Cantilevered Muskrat".


Excursion 310-DJ4-9LK
Priming: SCP-765 (success)
Trigger: Standard lethal injection
Equipment: Standard
Reality Description: SCP-1985 initially arrived in the core of an active volcano and expired. Excursion was repeated.
Individuals associated with The Serpent's Hand had triggered an AK-class end of the world scenario utilizing SCP-765 in combination with an unknown effect-amplifier after the alternate reality's Foundation had decided to expand its size by 1000% for unknown reasons. 90% of the world's population was afflicted with crippling lethargy, apathy, boredom, and depression, causing vast numbers to die of starvation, and sometimes dehydration, as they ceased to eat or drink respectively. SCP-1985 was unfortunately not immune to this effect, and died of starvation after several months.
Logs: [FORTHCOMING]
Retrieval: Uneventful. SCP-1985 expressed intense relief at being free of SCP-765's effect.
Retrieved Items: A canister of water from the modified SCP-765, collected before SCP-1985 succumbed to the effect.
Notes: This was intended to test to see if SCP-1985 would find a reality undergoing a K-Class scenario related to the safest of Safe-class SCPs.

Excursion 17V-MNU-094
Priming: SCP-573 (success)
Trigger: Standard lethal injection
Equipment: Standard
Reality Description: SCP-573 was stolen from the Foundation by members of the Chaos Insurgency, who used it to control several million animals and children in the continental United States, first using them to extract political concessions, then using them as a makeshift army, then eventually slaughtering most of them. No alteration to SCP-573 was apparently required to achieve this effect.
Notably, during this excursion, SCP-1985 encountered what appeared to be an alternate version of itself, also in excursion form with similar visual traits, and completely missing both arms. This alternate version of SCP-1985 fled on sight, and SCP-1985 was unable to relocate it. SCP-1985 was killed by the Chaos Insurgency after two weeks.
Logs: [FORTHCOMING]
Retrieval: Uneventful
Retrieved Items: None.
Notes: It is not known if this reality's version of SCP-573 possesses the same capabilities that its alternate demonstrated during this excursion.

Excursion 051-UWJ-97Y
Priming: SCP-1157 (success)
Trigger: Standard lethal injection
Equipment: Standard
Reality Description: SK-class dominance shift scenario in which instances of SCP-1157 had become the dominant species of Earth. Baseline humans made up a significant minority, with the majority of their population having been killed. Instances of SCP-1157 controlled most major countries, though humans still controlled a minority. The Foundation was still present and containing the majority of extant SCP items, and many SCP-1157 instances were working with the Foundation and the remnants of the Global Occult Coalition to attempt to reverse the SK-class scenario. Additionally, not all SCP-1157 instances were identical to SCP-1157-1; sixteen different base forms were observed, each represented by a different collective consciousness. [DATA EXPUNGED]
Logs: [FORTHCOMING]
Retrieval: Uneventful.
Retrieved Items: [DATA EXPUNGED]
Notes: Remainder of excursion details, including nature of retrieved items, are currently classified Level 5.

Excursion 1FR-L75-03X
Priming: SCP-1004
Trigger: Standard lethal injection
Equipment: Standard
Reality Description: Mass broadcast and distribution of SCP-1004 by associates of The Factory resulted in an AK-class end of the world scenario in which 94% of the global population exhibited behavior characteristic of SCP-1004's final stages. The Foundation survived in this reality, and efforts to reverse SCP-1004's effects were ongoing, though resulting in only minor success. SCP-1985 was killed within one week of arrival.
Logs: [RESTRICTED]
Retrieval: Uneventful
Retrieved Items: None.
Notes: Request was made by Dr. Bright, to investigate the possible seriousness of SCP-1004's effects.

Excursion NIN-100-RC3
Priming: None
Trigger: SCP-1985 was caught in crossfire during a Chaos Insurgency incursion during a move between sites, sustaining injuries to its left leg. SCP-1985 acquired a weapon and fatally shot itself.
Equipment: None except for inbuilt recording equipment
Reality Description: [EXPUNGED DATA PENDING RELEASE] SCP-1985 was publicly tortured and killed in a group execution. Members of group included four local versions of SCP-1985's family members.
Logs: [RESTRICTED]
Retrieval: Uneventful.
Retrieved Items: [EXPUNGED DATA PENDING RELEASE]
Notes: As typical after an excursion of this nature, SCP-1985 requested temporary isolation and temporary cessation of experimentation. Request granted.

Excursion D4L-41N-K0M
Priming: Repeated exposure to SCP-3932 (success)
Trigger: Standard lethal injection
Equipment: Standard
Reality Description: Following Foundation diplomatic intervention, tensions between SCP-3932-Δ nation-states became lessened. This resulted in a temporary peace accord between the nations, who then declared war on humanity. Conversion of all oceanic cetaceans into SCP-3932-Δ instances followed shortly thereafter, with full conversion occurring three months after.
The SCP-3932-Δ instances then caused a partial SK-Class Dominance Shift Scenario, resulting in all oceans being taken over by SCP-3932-Δ instances. The original three nation-states of SCP-3932-Δ emerged as major superpowers, but were unable to retain complete control over the world.
Logs: [FORTHCOMING]
Retrieval: SCP-1985 manifested in the water off the coast of Australia, having previously been aboard an Great Barrier Reef Empire-In-Exile prison vessel. Rescue dispatched from Site-72.
Retrieved Items: None.
Notes: In this reality, the Foundation has avoided any attempt to diminish the cold war between SCP-3932-Δ nation-states, out of fear of potential alliance.

Excursion 5TY-H6I-GHR
Priming: SCP-682 and associated Termination Log (unknown)
Trigger: Standard lethal injection
Equipment: Standard, along with a [RESTRICTED LEVEL 5] stealth device
Reality Description: SCP-1985 arrived in a massive stone labyrinth consisting of hallways approximately 3.5 meters wide and 12 meters tall. The labyrinth appeared to be carved from a single seamless type of material, with no cracks observed during the entirety of SCP-1985's excursion. The lack of any observable light source required use of a Foundation-issue flashlight. SCP-1985's exploration of this reality remained uneventful until it encountered an object possessing cognitohazardous and/or unknown anomalous properties, resulting in the damage of SCP-1985's inbuilt recording and communication equipment. Remaining footage of the object was too blurry to decipher or remained cognitohazardous, but after-action report from SCP-1985 described the object as a stained-glass window, embedded into one of the walls, with light shinning through it. SCP-1985 was unable to identify the image on the window, due to fear of mind-altering effects from prolonged exposure. SCP-1985 was able to resist the cognitohazard but claims it gave it the urge to [DATA EXPUNGED].
SCP-1985 describes encountering two other anomalous objects: a red organic cube protruding out of a wall, and a large presumably mechanical object SCP-1985 observed moving across a hallway in the distance. After three days, SCP-1985 came across a large square room, with the only features being an unknown object hanging 3 meters off the ground1 and a large hole underneath it, emitting yellowish-green light and producing sawtooth beeps. SCP-1985 describes approaching the hole and looking down it, but is unable to remember what was down the hole and what happened afterward; it is presumed this led to its death as SCP-1985 manifested in baseline reality around this time.
Logs: [FORTHCOMING]
Retrieval: Uneventful
Retrieved Items: None.
Notes: This excursion was meant to be the first in a series of excursions with the goal of gaining knowledge of potential K-class scenarios caused by SCP-682 and to prepare countermeasures. Whether or not the observed reality has any relation to SCP-682 is currently under review.

Excursion TLB-13P-MM9
Priming: SCP-2186 (success)
Trigger: Standard lethal injection
Equipment/Personnel: Standard
Reality Description: This reality's Foundation was at a point in time in which SCP-148's deleterious properties were still unknown and its usage was relatively common; this Foundation had additionally created an altered form of beryllium bronze by reverse engineering SCP-148 and SCP-402. This metal functioned similarly to SCP-148, absorbing reality-altering properties instead of mind-effecting ones.

This metal was used during a surgery performed on SCP-2186, lining the surfaces of the room. Despite the application of general anesthesia, SCP-2186's properties activated in the middle of the procedure with a higher intensity than normal; stage 1 transformation occurring after 30 seconds followed by stage 2 occurring after 2 minutes. The altered metal prevented the anomaly's properties (which lasted 12 hours, preventing the object's retrieval before it expired) from extending beyond the room. Approximately 16 minutes after the object expired, the altered metal released the anomalous energy which resulted in the entirety of the Earth, everything therein, and the Moon to undergo stage 2 transformation. SCP-1985 returned to baseline reality after six months of exploring the transfigured landscape.
Logs: [FORTHCOMING]
Retrieval: Uneventful
Retrieved Items: Material samples taken from affected landscapes, objects, and organisms.
Notes: DNA analysis of 68% of retrieved samples are a direct match with SCP-2186. DNA analysis of 29% of retrieved samples have no exact genetic match to existing organisms. The results of the DNA analysis of the remaining 3% of retrieved samples is restricted, pending release.

Excursion 702-RTX-47Z
Priming: SCP-002 (success)
Trigger: Standard lethal injection
Equipment: Standard
Reality Description: SCP-002 was uncovered by this reality's foundation much earlier than its baseline counterpart, and was subjected to less restrictive experiments. During said experiments, it was cross-tested with an unknown biological anomaly, which caused the entire planet to be converted into a single living organism. SCP-1985 had arrived in New York City, where the buildings had been converted into structures of bone, flesh, and sinew, while the streets were paved with a pulsating, membranous substance that emitted rhythmic throbs. Every object that SCP-1985 encountered was made of a similar composition.

During its week-long excursion, SCP-1985 encountered a Sarkic group, who had not been converted during the transomfation event. The members of the group explained to SCP-1985 that during the transformation event, they had used their flesh-crafting abilities to keep their human form and survive in the new environment. They confirmed that a majority of all life on the planet had been converted into “flesh furniture” or similar objects.
Logs: [FORTHCOMING]
Retrieval: Uneventful.
Retrieved Items: A “Globe” made of organic matter.
Notes: DNA analysis of the “Globe” reveals that various species of Animal, Plant, and Fungi, have all been forced into it its shape.

Excursion V08-FXB-N25
Priming: SCP-1985's own, personal origins (failure)
Trigger: Standard lethal injection
Equipment: Standard
Reality Description: SCP-1985 initially arrived mid-Pacific Ocean and swam to shore. A full-scale SCP-1801 outbreak had converted the majority of life on the planet into a single, contiguous, fleshy mass. When SCP-1985 arrived, SCP-1801 had apparently adapted in order to begin converting inorganic material as well and was in the process of doing so. A small number of SCP Foundation personnel survived and were attempting to contain the SCP-1801 outbreak, with little success. The SCP-1801 mass attempted to convert SCP-1985 after it accidentally came into close contact with the mass, and SCP-1985 was automatically returned as normal.
Logs: [FORTHCOMING]
Retrieval: Uneventful
Retrieved Items: None.
Notes: Accidental discovery of potential extra capabilities associated with SCP-1801 has been passed on as per standard procedure.

Excursion XJU-034-IQ1
Priming: SCP-1985's own, personal origins (success)
Trigger: Standard lethal injection
Equipment: Standard
Reality Description: [DATA EXPUNGED]
Log: [N/A]
Retrieval: [DATA EXPUNGED]
Retrieved Items: [N/A]
Notes: [DATA EXPUNGED] Personnel with Level 4 clearance may access the content of this entry, attached to main SCP-1985 documentation here under the Update to Excursions section.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License