What if the world should have ended already, and not just once, but many times? There's so much out there that could destroy all we understand, so much that's massive and crushing and unknowable, and so much that's mundane yet incredibly deadly. Sometimes it seems like the world is playing Russian Roulette with a gun to its head, every day of its existence, and yet we survive still. What if the only reason the world hasn't ended yet is because the ends of the world are all locked away?
(Unsigned note left in the margins of "The Arrogance of Apakht", a section from the 1344 text "Of the Damned". Multiple differing versions of this text have been recorded, several with a version of this note written it. It is unclear which version of the text - if any - originated in this reality.)
- Foundation Archives, Section: Records from the Wanderer's Library, January 24, 2013.
The Way The World Ends
The Lock has been opened. The armies and monsters of Revelations and Ragnarok and older, forgotten myths march across the Earth. The old gods have returned, and brand new gods are waking up. And more are waiting in the wings.
The Foundation has been split at the seams. Senior staff and the leaders of the Foundation are missing, incapacitated, dead, or making desperate plans on the fly.
The ends of the world are here, all of them, and we're not ready.
Act One, Part 1
- Apakht (Part 1 of 3) (by thedeadlymoose): The fabric of reality began to unfold before their eyes.
- The Gate Opens (Part 2 of 3) (by thedeadlymoose): "Uriel," Yahweh said. "It is Time."
- Revelation (Part 3 of 3) (by thedeadlymoose): "I come on behalf of the SCP Foundation," the woman said.
- Stormfront (by Sophia Light): “Well, I'd say we're due for a little calamity. Wouldn't you?”
- Awakenings (by thedeadlymoose): Ur-An-Uum raised her head to the sky and cried a rending wail of anguish.
Act One, Part 2
- The White Horse (The Conqueror With The Golden Crown) (by thedeadlymoose): Her eyes burned like white stars.
- The Red Horse (The Ironic Metaphor) (by Dexanote): "Today is a very special episode."
- Interlude: A Memo Regarding a Theft (by Dexanote): Inventory check for Site 62 reveals the absence of SCP-573.
- The Black Horse (The Crawling Sea) (by Sophia Light): Then its clothes burst, and out came the mice.
- Interlude: Last Words from Svalbard (by Sophia Light): "We have a proposition for you."
- The Pale Horse (The Wayward Children) (by thedeadlymoose): The living creature felt gratitude and elation beyond compare.
Act One, Part 3
- The Bloody Autumn (by Dexanote): "This is your army. Delivered by Fear itself."
- Stirrings (by Skara Brae): The lightning recognized his roar, and raced to join him.
- Ganymede (by thedeadlymoose): "You know… In another future, we got to grow old together."
- Now... This (by Gaffney): Three weeks into a possible future…
- In the End: Monkey Business (by DrBright)
- In the End: Elite (by DrBright)
- In the End: Europe (by DrBright)
- In the End: Rawhide (by DrBright)
- Tenebrae (by TroyL): Our fathers have sinned, and are not; and we have borne their iniquities.
- Ursa Major (by Skara Brae): From "Orbis Arcana Pictus", a book catalogued at the Wanderer's Library.
- Awakenings, Part Two (by Scantron): "I have infinite confidence in your loyalty and competence."
- To Be Continued.