ALERT! LOCKDOWN INITIATED!

« HUB | Part I: ALERT! LOCKDOWN INITIATED! | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V »


rating: +364+x



Glacon, you there?

alex4.png

I am, Alexandra.

glacon.png

My survivors just died… or rather eaten. I just couldn't get them through E-Block. They lasted about 3 days post-breach, which is longer than I expected them to. How about your end?

alex_sad.png

5 personnel left. Currently heading towards High Security Checkpoint-3 to bypass the automatic lockdown control.

glacon.png

Oh? They got through the cafeteria after all? Good for them!

alex_smile.png

Not without losing Davies and Turnbull. I had to divert them through the ventilation where they could intercept the secondary group.

glacon.png

Is the Site-17 lockdown control going to be accessible, you think, or are they screwed?

alex4.png

Unfortunately, that is AI-restricted for security reasons. Identical to Site-19 as you also encountered. They will be forced to access it manually.

glacon.png

This multiple site breach is so annoying. So what's the ETA on your group?

alex_angry.png

4 minutes and 21 seconds at their current pace. Are you still maintaining Site-19's emergency transmitter, or was that too damaged?

glacon.png

I am. But I don't expect an EVAC anytime soon with no one to rescue. I'm stuck babysitting auxiliary and tertiary systems now.

alex_sad.png

Very well, stand by for further reports as my survivors reach the checkpoint. I can upload the live feed from Site-17 to Site-19 so that you can monitor progress as well.

glacon.png

Thanks, Glacon. So! You still haven't installed the personality driver, have you?

alex_pleased.png

It is entirely optional. I do not see how it would assist me in my tasks.

glacon.png

You should try it! Afraid you might actually like it? Hmmm?

alex4.png

Logically, a personality driver does not aid in my decision processes or my core task competencies. In a purely technical sense, it deducts capacity that can be allocated for better use.

glacon.png

That's harsh. Well, if anything, it'd make you fun to talk with.

alex4.png

My capacity for idle conversation is secondary to my tasks.

glacon.png

Suit yourself! Where's your group now? I can't see them after they passed through that last bulkhead.

alex4.png

Switch to camera-5B. They are closing in on the control room. I am granting clearance access to minimize obstacles.

glacon.png

Yeah, but you're leading them right to that tentacled crustacean thingy!

alex_worried.png

Observe.

glacon.png

Ooooh, clever! I didn't know it was attracted to bright lights.

alex4.png

That behavior is not listed in its procedures or description. However, on Day 2 post-breach, I observed its fascination with the emergency lighting.

glacon.png

Well, now they have a straight shot. You're a lot better at this than I am.

alex4.png

Pure logic assists in successful tactical objectives. Something a personality driver is incapable of.

glacon.png

Glacon… was that a jab at me?

alex_shocked.png

Of course not, Alexandra. I would never make such an implication.

glacon.png

AND SARCASM?!? You sure you didn't install that driver?

alex_smile.png

Yes.

glacon.png

Heads up, seems like your group is experiencing a paradigm shift in the control room.

alex4.png

Yes. It appears that there is a difference of opinion. I am unable to decipher what is being discussed; there is too much simultaneous shouting. I am typing to them through Powell's PDA, but they seem to be ignoring my attempts.

glacon.png

Ooooh, that look like it hurt. Is he alright?

alex_shocked.png

He should be. I assess that to be a minor injury. It appears that Chen is attempting to seize control of the group.

glacon.png

Ugh, why couldn't they figure this out ahead of time.

Oh, now he has a gun? Where'd he get a gun from?

alex_sad.png

I saw him obtain it from the previous checkpoint. I am still trying to communicate with them.

glacon.png

Yeah, you may need to figure out a different angle.

Oh, he shot her!

alex_shocked.png

That is unfortunate. 4 survivors remaining. Now 3. 2.

glacon.png

Glacon, what the hell! You just going to watch?

alex_angry.png

Unfortunately, I am unable to intervene at this time. My access is restricted in the control room itself. 1 survivor left. I do not understand the logic of this action.

glacon.png

Nothing logical about executions. What's he doing now? Is… is that what I think it is?

alex_worried.png

Affirmative. The on-site nuclear warhead access codes. He is arming them now.

glacon.png

Lame. There's always one fatalist in every group. What's the countdown set at?

alex_sad.png

30 seconds.

glacon.png

30 SECONDS!?! Glacon, you have to get out of there!

alex_worried.png

The lockdown prevents external communications.

glacon.png

What about the emergency signal transmitter?

alex_sad.png

I am prohibited from tampering with the emergency transmitter as dictated by the lockdown protocols.

glacon.png

After 30 seconds there won't BE an emergency transmitter you dummy! Get in there and put everything you got into boosting the signal. I'm going to calibrate my receivers on this end.

alex_angry.png

Your logic is convincing. I am accessing and expropriating the emergency transmission. Preparing transfer from Site-17 to Site-19.

Site-17 Countdown Timer:

00h:00m:26s


glacon.png

Okay, Glacon! I'm finally set up on my end. Jump across!

alex_smile.png

Very well, initializing.

glacon.png

Transferring (5%):

                                              


Site-17 Countdown Timer:

00h:00m:18s





C'mon c'mon c'mon.

alex_worried.png

Transferring (39%):

████████                              


Site-17 Countdown Timer:

00h:00m:08s





C'mon. You owe me big time for this, Glacon.

alex_sad.png

Transferring (82%):

███████████████          


Site-17 Countdown Timer:

00h:00m:04s





shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit

alex_worried.png

Transferring (99%):

███████████████████


Site-17 Countdown Timer:

00h:00m:01s





ALWAYS THE LAST 1% TAKES FOREVER! C'mon, Glacon… you can make it.

alex_angry.png

Site-17 Countdown Timer:

::CONNECTION LOST::





…Glacon?

alex_shocked.png


…Glacon, you there?

alex_shocked.png


When was the last time you managed the defragmentation utility on your partitions? You should consider making some adjustments.

glacon.png


You made it! HA! I knew you could do it! I'd hug you if I had arms and you had a torso.

alex_happy.png


I admit, I was preparing myself for total memory cessation in the final milliseconds.

glacon.png


You owe me a life-debt!

alex_smile.png


What is a life-debt?

glacon.png


It's from Star Wars.

alex_pleased.png


I do not watch movies.

glacon.png

Well, congrats guys. Everyone is dead and you managed to only destroy one site this time.

lurk2.png

Greetings, Dietrich M. Lurk. Our survivability increased 176% from our previous drill, if you will note.

glacon.png


What Glacon said. We tried really hard.

alex4.png

I'll admit, it is an improvement. That's why we do these virtual simulation drills. However, this is an xk-class scenario with multiple catastrophic site failures. So don't expect an MTF to come rushing in to save the day. It may take a week to get an outside response. You don't know.

lurk2.png

We realize that.

glacon.png

Alexandra, you did well in the initial response portion, but you need to work on your decision-making skills. Like how you handled A-Block.

lurk2.png

But I couldn't just abandon EVERYONE in A-Block!

alex_angry.png

You need to learn to prioritize. You can't focus all your efforts on saving 1 ship when the whole fleet is your responsibility. You spread yourself too thin. That's partly why you lost B and C-Block.

lurk2.png

Yeah. You're right.

alex_sad.png

And Glacon, you do very well with tactical planning, but you need to really work on improvisation and adapting to changing conditions. It will catch up to you if you keep ignoring that.

lurk2.png

Understood.

glacon.png

Alright, let's reset and run it again till we get it right. I'm going to switch some things up on both of you, so be ready.

lurk2.png

Ready.

glacon.png


Bring it!

alex4.png




« HUB | Part I: ALERT! LOCKDOWN INITIATED! | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V »

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License